GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
AsianInaMk6
Drag Racing Champion
 
Drives: 2013 DE Gti Dsg candy white
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Philadelphia,Pa
Posts: 68
New to VW world!!!

Hey guys just wanted to introduced myself . I'm Jimmy from Philadelphia, pa. Just traded in my 2012 mazdaspeed 3 which I will dearly miss. I was debating between an 14 autobahn GLi or 13 gti. I got pre-owned certified along with extended warranty 7/100k miles I purchase
for 2013 Candy white Drivers Edition with DSG. Car has 6,285 miles on it .Didn't get the greatest deal but Ardmore VW was the only one that didn't req my pops to be there to trade in the speed3(under his name). Got the DE for 26,900 before TTT. With 1k pos equity and 1,500 down. Only thing that sucks that I couldn't get tax credit for the speed due to it's not under my name. All in all I'm happy with the purchase got a decent deal . DE don't come cheap in Philly . Cheapest one I saw was for 26k at Carsense with 7,100 miles and not certified. Well here she is and I'm here to learn all I can on a mk6.

Last edited by AsianInaMk6; 04-02-2014 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Has add a sentence
AsianInaMk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite
 
BoostedVW11's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Subaru Wrx Stage 2
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 17,172
Welcome, why did you get rid of the ms3?
__________________
Gran Turismo Sport - Nurburgring Circuit Experience : Gold Medal Holder.

chyeah
BoostedVW11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #3
MrMke
Formula 5000 Champion
 
MrMke's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CW MK6 GTI Autobahn
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boyertown, PA
Posts: 2,101
Welcome. Nice color choice!

Yeah....I kinda miss my Speed3 in some ways....and would've gone back to another one....but that interior tho...
__________________
GIAC Stage 2 / AWE TBE / AWE Boost Gauge / APR Carbonio Stage 1&2 / Sigma Six SS / DG Springs / H&R Sways / UNIbrace UB & RB / Golf R LED Tails
MrMke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
ECS Tuning
Formula 3000 Driver
 
ECS Tuning's Avatar
 
Drives: Modified ones
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wadsworth, OH
Posts: 3,878
Welcome to Golfmk6!


Andy
__________________
ECS Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #5
AsianInaMk6
Drag Racing Champion
 
Drives: 2013 DE Gti Dsg candy white
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Philadelphia,Pa
Posts: 68
Got rid of the speed3 do to work and the soon to be wifey . Driving a manual was beginning to bug me with all the driving I do for work and city traffic is a headache . I do miss the speed3 . I made 285whp 340tq on tbe intake , etune stock tmic .
AsianInaMk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #6
AsianInaMk6
Drag Racing Champion
 
Drives: 2013 DE Gti Dsg candy white
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Philadelphia,Pa
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning View Post
Welcome to Golfmk6!


Andy
Thanks man!
AsianInaMk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #7
AsianInaMk6
Drag Racing Champion
 
Drives: 2013 DE Gti Dsg candy white
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Philadelphia,Pa
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMke View Post
Welcome. Nice color choice!

Yeah....I kinda miss my Speed3 in some ways....and would've gone back to another one....but that interior tho...
Always wanted a white car! The speed3 will be miss .
AsianInaMk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite
 
BoostedVW11's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Subaru Wrx Stage 2
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 17,172
Well here is what i paste to all the newbs...

Use the search function before posting new threads and or try to search google using golfmk6 infront of your question. Example (golfmk6 what tune is best?).

Some cheap/free mods:
Get rid of dealer plates and stickers.
Gti seat inserts on your car seat handles.
Red footwell tape mod
Yellow fog light bulbs or Yellow Lamin X covers
Vagcom tweaks
Remove emblems

Also everyone will tell you the first thing you need to do at least is a stage 1 tune. Which requires nothing but ecu removal and tune (an intake is recommended), stage 2 you'll need at least a downpipe (intake also recommended).

The most popular tuning company is probably APR..but you also have giac,revo,unitronic...(by the way apr should be having their annual spring sale soon) www.goapr.com

Additionally another big exterior mod is golf r led tails. Depo makes a good reproduction. You can find out more on the above posted stuff by using the search function..goodluck
__________________
Gran Turismo Sport - Nurburgring Circuit Experience : Gold Medal Holder.

chyeah
BoostedVW11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #9
chip
Rally Car Champion
 
chip's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 GTI Wolfsburg DSG in CSG
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 394
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
Well here is what i paste to all the newbs...

Use the search function before posting new threads and or try to search google using golfmk6 infront of your question. Example (golfmk6 what tune is best?).

Some cheap/free mods:
Get rid of dealer plates and stickers.
Gti seat inserts on your car seat handles.
Red footwell tape mod
Yellow fog light bulbs or Yellow Lamin X covers
Vagcom tweaks
Remove emblems

Also everyone will tell you the first thing you need to do at least is a stage 1 tune. Which requires nothing but ecu removal and tune (an intake is recommended), stage 2 you'll need at least a downpipe (intake also recommended).

The most popular tuning company is probably APR..but you also have giac,revo,unitronic...(by the way apr should be having their annual spring sale soon) www.goapr.com

Additionally another big exterior mod is golf r led tails. Depo makes a good reproduction. You can find out more on the above posted stuff by using the search function..goodluck
This is great info for another newbie as well !
chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:55 PM   #10
AsianInaMk6
Drag Racing Champion
 
Drives: 2013 DE Gti Dsg candy white
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Philadelphia,Pa
Posts: 68
I've been on forums forever now lol. No matter what platform I'm on I've always search. Been reading up since I join. But thanks for the advice though. Planning to keep the gti stock for now due DD status. The gti will be garage status when I get a beater for work next year . Def will read up on the stage 1 flash . Heard that's the best bang for the buck. As for minor mods I might do a boost gauge possibly a intake as well.
AsianInaMk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:12 AM   #11
VMRWheels
Formula 3000 Driver
 
VMRWheels's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 3,283
Welcome and congrats!

I'm a Mazda guy myself.. I'm sure you miss that MS3 power.... and torque steer haha. The VW is definitely a step up in terms of an interior.

Have any questions regarding wheels/tires, feel free to shoot me a PM
VMRWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #12
AsianInaMk6
Drag Racing Champion
 
Drives: 2013 DE Gti Dsg candy white
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Philadelphia,Pa
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Welcome and congrats!

I'm a Mazda guy myself.. I'm sure you miss that MS3 power.... and torque steer haha. The VW is definitely a step up in terms of an interior.

Have any questions regarding wheels/tires, feel free to shoot me a PM
Thanks man
AsianInaMk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.