GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HYDE16 Reviews - deAutoKey 1800 Lumen CREE LED Fog Light Kit

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
UPDATE: Just a reminder NOT to mount the resistors anywhere near or on the ballasts, this is a prime example of what NOT to do.

808bahn

Ready to race!
So, did you screw the resistor onto metal in the engine bay?

UPDATE: Just a reminder NOT to mount the resistors anywhere near or on the ballasts, this is a prime example of what NOT to do.

808bahn

Ready to race!
Understood. Thanks!

I actually have mine in a secured "free-float" configuration for the most surrounding air, it does not come in contact with anything around it while driving.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I actually have mine in a secured "free-float" configuration for the most surrounding air, it does not come in contact with anything around it while driving.

Understood. Thanks!

:thumbsup: Thanks for the info, we get asked this a lot, we normally suggest drilling it to metal, but if this method works, we will let our customers know.

Last edited:

dyeguy

Has anyone used these as your low beams in the halogen housings? Curious to see how bright they are. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Has anyone used these as your low beams in the halogen housings? Curious to see how bright they are. Thanks

Yes, many customers have installed these as low beams in a halogen housing, they look good. Perfect beam pattern, bright and will look classier than an HID kit as it will not be blinding or cause a glare for oncoming traffic.

Please note that the MK6 GTI requires modification to your holder to work, they are not going to fit as the MK6 GTI has their own adapters and NOT a regular H7 adapter.

Thank you for the question :thumbsup:

rpandresen

Ready to race!
Please note that the MK6 GTI requires modification to your holder to work, they are not going to fit as the MK6 GTI has their own adapters and NOT a regular H7 adapter.

Thank you for the question :thumbsup:

Can you go into a little more detail about this? What do we have to modify and what is required?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Can you message me that info as well? Is it the same for the golf?

Ok, you have to tap into your wires, and you have to cut your adapter to get the LED headlights to work.

However, we have an H7RC HID Kit, this is made for your reflector housings:
http://deautokey.com/product/new-h7...-35w-slim-digital-ballast-with-canbus-adapter

With this, you only have to tap into your wires, but you DO NOT have to cut your adapters as these will come with adapters.

We hope this makes sense, please let us know if it did not.

Thank you:thumbsup: