GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 05-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
GTI2.0
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI 6SM
Stock GTI vs. Dodge Charger R/T

Today I had a Charger that looked and sounded stock next to me at a light. When the road was wet, and from a rolling start we were equal.
My GTI only has a Neuspeed p-flow, which basically does nothing but make noise. I am guessing this Charger was a V6, which I guess is close 0-60 as a GTI. I was still expecting the Charger to be faster, because my GTI feels slow to me. Sometimes I like to call it 2.0Tooooooo slow
GTI2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
rawbdog
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Bird shit stained cute snatchback
Add this story in this thread.

http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61418
rawbdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
Gti207
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 Drivers Edition GTI
A stock gti should walk all over a charger v-6. Those things are dogs. I've been tied with an r/t hemi until around 70-75 as stage 1. Their 5-speed is awful at putting power down.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
mk6medic
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: something faster than K04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gti207 View Post
A stock gti should walk all over a charger v-6. Those things are dogs. I've been tied with an r/t hemi until around 70-75 as stage 1. Their 5-speed is awful at putting power down.
Are you fucking high? A stock V6 Charger and a stock GTI are closely matched. Stage 1 will not beat a stock R/T. Look up some numbers before you just loosely base this on a lame race.

I guarantee my stock Charger R/T would spank your stage 1 GTI because I have raced and beat a stage 2 GTI. Oh wait. IT was a mk5. I forgot that the mk6 can beat a Veyron. Nevermind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshay View Post
Iono man. You meatspinned me once when I was in the library. I'm still bitter about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbdog View Post
Lol NEEK is like how GK was before he became a mod. Lol.
mk6medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #5
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6medic View Post
Are you fucking high? A stock V6 Charger and a stock GTI are closely matched. Stage 1 will not beat a stock R/T. Look up some numbers before you just loosely base this on a lame race.

I guarantee my stock Charger R/T would spank your stage 1 GTI because I have raced and beat a stage 2 GTI. Oh wait. IT was a mk5. I forgot that the mk6 can beat a Veyron. Nevermind!
The stock charger is nothing to a GTI. It competes with an I4 accord and does a good job at that performance wise.

Also I've personally raced the newer gen R/T awd from a 70 roll at stage 1 no intake and stayed at his driver's door until 100.

Edit: stayed in 5th gear for that race, too. Should have been in 4th.

butchered by autocorrecr
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #6
GTI2.0
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2010 GTI 6SM
Quote:

Quote:

I expected to be beat pretty easily looking at 0-60 times of a late model Charger compared to a stock 6SM GTI. I was just surprised by this. Doesn't a the Charger do 0-60 around 6.1? Maybe he needed the driver mod?
GTI2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #7
mk6medic
GolfMK6 Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI2.0 View Post

I expected to be beat pretty easily looking at 0-60 times of a late model Charger compared to a stock 6SM GTI. I was just surprised by this. Doesn't a the Charger do 0-60 around 6.1? Maybe he needed the driver mod?
The V6 or the R/T? R/T is in low 5 to 60. I thought the V6 was mid 6ish.

On the street, numbers only go so far. Driver mod is a huge part of surprises. OR maybe you have a quick GTI and he has a slow Charger. There are variations and anomalies.

Quote:
Iono man. You meatspinned me once when I was in the library. I'm still bitter about that.
Quote:
Old 05-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #8
ColesMk6
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: CSG MKVI GTI
Quote:

now the OP never mentioned which body style of charger im confident my gti would have kept up with my stock 2006 R/T. Didnt they juice up the newer models?

edit: my gti is mostly stock currently
Old 05-01-2014, 02:56 PM   #9
mk6medic
GolfMK6 Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColesMk6 View Post
now the OP never mentioned which body style of charger im confident my gti would have kept up with my stock 2006 R/T. Didnt they juice up the newer models?
Fantastic point. Yes, they did. Not to mention an older one would show its age. They had 340 hp, the newer ones have 370. Still faster than a stock GTI, but a stage 1 might take it. Then it would be driver mod. Which is more fun when you have similar performance in different cars.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-01-2014, 02:59 PM   #10
ColesMk6
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: CSG MKVI GTI
Quote:
Fantastic point. Yes, they did. Not to mention an older one would show its age. They had 340 hp, the newer ones have 370. Still faster than a stock GTI, but a stage 1 might take it. Then it would be driver mod. Which is more fun when you have similar performance in different cars.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #11
zipsled
Oval Champion

Drives: Crashed
I traded my '13 Charger R/T for a '14 GTI. I have a Unitronic Stage 1+ and it's not a match for the most recent Hemi. Slightly quicker than the new Pentastar 3.6 V-6, which is no slouch 6-banger. The Charger is a heavy car.

zipsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #12
mk6medic
GolfMK6 Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipsled View Post
I traded my '13 Charger R/T for a '14 GTI. I have a Unitronic Stage 1+ and it's not a match for the most recent Hemi. Slightly quicker than the new Pentastar 3.6 V-6, which is no slouch 6-banger. The Charger is a heavy car.
We are like opposites. I went from a GTI to a Charger. Like you, I believe and know since I have driven both that the Charger is much faster. It may be a heavy car, but 395 ft/lbs does wonders and it is fast for how big it is. Not to mention all the tests.....

Anyhow. Both are great cars for different reasons.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #13
eightyseven
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: UG mk6 4door 2011
Dat v8 doe
Old 05-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #14
Gti207
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 Drivers Edition GTI
Quote:

You, my friend, need to calm down. I never claimed I could beat an r/t....just that I can hang with them until around 70. Are you fucking high or do you have trouble reading?