GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions

Old 05-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
dmaic

Drives: 2013 GTI
Leftover New 2013 VW GTI Drivers Ed Auto

Hello all, this is my first post on this forum although I have been an auto enthusiast for many many years. I am looking at two left over 2013 GTI driver edition sedans that are at my local VW dealership. I have a VW partnership pricing certificate (invoice less $500) but I have learned in the past that a better deal can sometimes be negoiated without this. I wasnt really looking for a new car but I am ready to trade. Is it common for these models to be left over? I would imagine that an almost two model year old car would be highly incentivized in order to get the car moved and off the lot. With a MSRP of a little over 31k, does anyone know what invoice is approximately or has anyone purchased a 2013 lately who could chime in with an idea on a sale price? I have a bit of negative equity in my car I hope to trade so I thought finding a left over 2013 where the discounting would be much deeper could maybe help me absorb a bit of it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
dmaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
Appogee
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Candy White 2010 VW GTI MKVI
This close to the newer models and at a price like that, you should go for a Performance Pack GTI MK7. That is if you can wait. In my opinion it'd be worth the wait down the line and with the mods.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #3
Perpetuus
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: K04 GTI
Mk7 GTIs are coming late May/early June. As soon as you buy that Mk6, it will doubly depreciate.

I would wait.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #4
Plinyyounger
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 grey/leather/Dsg/Stg1/cai
I have bought a 2013 recently and received over $5500 off sticker. The new version mk7 is nice, but the 2013 is a fantastic car which you can grab at a great deal!
Plinyyounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #5
SWFan
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Driver's Edition 6MT
Just two weeks ago I bought a new 2013 DE for $5,000 off MSRP. And I didn't even negotiate that price, that is where the dealer started the negotiation from. I didn't even bother nitpicking for more money since I was only expecting maybe $4K off. Also, I wasn't sure if it was common practice or not, but they installed the OEM mudflaps, included a brand new emergency kit, included the velco movable storage holders, two cargo nets, and included OEM all-weather rubber GTI mats and the carpeted GTI mats. Any other car I've purchased those were all add-ons for extra $'s.
SWFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:43 PM   #6
theunholy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 GTI Black Wolfsburg DSG/K04
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFan View Post
Just two weeks ago I bought a new 2013 DE for $5,000 off MSRP. And I didn't even negotiate that price, that is where the dealer started the negotiation from. I didn't even bother nitpicking for more money since I was only expecting maybe $4K off. Also, I wasn't sure if it was common practice or not, but they installed the OEM mudflaps, included a brand new emergency kit, included the velco movable storage holders, two cargo nets, and included OEM all-weather rubber GTI mats and the carpeted GTI mats. Any other car I've purchased those were all add-ons for extra $'s.
I guess with the MK7 coming out within a month or two, they are trying to get rid of all the bits and pieces to the current MK6s. I saw a Wolfsburg with leather seats few months back.
To OP, if I were you I wold wait for the MK7. Many things have improved and the car you're buying now(MK6) is actually almost 5 years old. It still looks good, but compare to MK7... dat LSD, dat refine interior..... I would wait.
---APR K04 V3.1. APR Downpipe. Godspeed V2 intercooler. OZ Utraleggera. Stoptech ST40 BBK. Milltek Catback. Autotech Clubsport/DG springs. BSH 27mm RSB. WALK kit. 034 Billet Insert/motor/tran mount. AFE stage 2 intake. Unltronic DV relocation. OEM bi-xenon Conversion. Rear footwell. Depo LED tails. OEM euro front lip. Ebay fender flares.
theunholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #7
Appogee
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: Candy White 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Don't forget it that the MK7 gets better mileage and more POWERRRRRR specially after tune.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #8
Stinger
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: stick 4d CSG '11 Mk6
This guys doesn't sound like he wants to pay premium on the newest toy but instead wants a steep rebate on yesterday's newest toy. It makes sense and as others have already said, you should be able to get some serious discount on Mk6's... gl!
APR Stage 1 (V2.1)::RSR-like clutch::Magnaflow catback::Sigma 6 SS::Bilstein B14 PSS::H&R 26mm fsb, 22mm rsb::Tyrol sub frame kit and front brake stiffener kit::UB UNIbrace::R8 coilpacks::LED taillights::Michelin PSS 235/45 on JNC 17x8 et30::
Audio - Eonon GA5153F::Focal Integration Plug & Play::JL Stealthbox 10TW3::JL XD 700/5 amp
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:24 PM   #9
Gitiai
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2014 MK6 GTI Candy White
Just purchase last night a 2014 GTI wolfburg edition candy white DSG fro 22.5k and that same delaer there was a 2013 GTI black drivers edition been offer fro 27.8k. Hope this help.
Gitiai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #10
SC_GTI

Drives: 2013 4DR DSG White
I paid 21,289 for a new 2013 base 4dr DSG with an MSRP of 26,760.
SC_GTI is offline   Reply With Quote