GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 05-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
jgebelein
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 6MT
2011 GTI vs Type R swapped EF

My car: 2011 Gti 2-door Manual. Stage one Revo with a Billy Boat Turboback.

His car: An ef hatch with a Type R swap. Looked pretty good too.

I was headed home from the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach. I noticed that there was a set of HID lights coming up behind me pretty quickly. A red EF came up next to me revved a couple times, but I let it go. Being that I'm not 16 anymore, I don't do much street racing. Once we crossed over the bridge and got on the main road the driver would pull up and fall back repeatedly. Finally I got tired of this, so I decided to run him.

We got to a light and I rolled my window down and talked a little. Found out he had an 81.5mm bore, ported head, skunk2 cams, with H/I/E. Now I started in the Honda scene and still support it. I've seen ITR motors like this put out 200hp which in a EF civic, is decent. Anyway, we agreed to go from a 40 roll and he wanted the honk. When he gave his three honks, we took off. I pulled on him through 4th to about 105 and let off. I had about 2 cars on this guy. he wanted a second run so I let him go for it, this time it was from a dig. I he got me of the jump but I quickly caught up and passed, this time letting off at 100.

Having talked to him later on I learned all the car had. 97 ITR swap with a 81.5mm bore, OEM ITR pistons he said its like 11.3 to 1 compression, ACL race bearings, the head was ported, Skunk2 pro 2s, skunk2 dual valve springs, Ferrea 1mm oversized valves, Skunk2 tb and intake manifold, Toda header, with a custom 2.5in exhaust. His driveline was a GSR trans, comp stage 4 clutch, and a fidanza flywheel.
jgebelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #2
wireless
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 2dr DSG
I love how a large percentage of posts on this forum say something similar to this:

Quote:
but I let it go. Being that I'm not 16 anymore, I don't do much street racing.
Justify it... yes....

Nice job, btw. I'm not much of a Honda fan, but I will admit the engines (k series are my favorite) are fantastic.

SOLD //// 2011 CSG 2dr DSG. || Unitronic Stage 2+ k04 || CTS catted downpipe || Magnablow catback || Unitronic Intake || H&R Sport's
wireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
fast2ghl
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI MK6 3-Door DSG FBO k04-64
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless View Post
I love how a large percentage of posts on this forum say something similar to this:

Justify it... yes....

Nice job, btw. I'm not much of a Honda fan, but I will admit the engines (k series are my favorite) are fantastic.
LOL!

I'm not 16 anymore and haven't been for a long time and I prob street race more now then I did before
Old 05-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #4
jgebelein
Drag Racing Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless View Post

Justify it... yes....

The k-series engine is a monster. Not uncommon to see 280hp all motor k's. I do miss the simplicity of working in b-series motors.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #5
jgebelein
Drag Racing Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast2ghl View Post
LOL!

I'm not 16 anymore and haven't been for a long time and I prob street race more now then I did before
Yea it happens.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #6
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '13 MKVI GTI
Nice kill
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
syonxwf is offline   Reply With Quote