GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI's shadow blue build -

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys, this is about 2 years late but I hadn't really started modding until recently so I never saw the need. Now the real shit starts. But first off, a little about myself:

I dick around a lot, and, well, some people don't like it on here. Whatever, this is my build thread, so if you don't like something I say, just leave or keep it to yourself.

I'm a JDM guy at heart. I love skylines, 240's, 3000GT's, eclipse GSX's, you name it. I've always been a modified/ boosted/ tuner kind of guy. Being around a lot of exotics as a kid sort of pushed me to get into other stuff, and can't remember a time in my life when I wasn't obsessed with anything on four wheels. I'm also an avid mountain biker, pool player, squash player, and drummer (haven't been keeping up with that one though, can't take the noise anymore) and I love listening to records (I can hear the younger members going "what, they still make those?) - yes, records are, in fact, a thriving business.

Updated pics as of April 2015: New plate lights, tint and yellow fogs documented.

Here's my GTI how it looked right after buying it and for almost 2 years after, pre-mods + pre money pit (bought Feb 22, 2012): ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401239633.844795.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401239692.487541.jpg

And here's how she looked around March 2014 after a fresh wax:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401239776.603711.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401239792.209400.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401239801.703036.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401239810.274133.jpg

Past stuff - DIY advance auto parts intake (worked pretty well, I can post details if you guys want), tint wrapped corner lights, plastidipped the silver part on the shift knob, red footwells, sylvania ultra headlights, Rdash plate lights.

Current mods:

ASTHETICS/ INTERIOR:

-plasti dipped corner lights
-tinted windows (20%)
-blue footwell lights
-rear headrest delete
-GTI badge removal and relocation inside the car
-jetta sportwagon grill
-valve stem caps (can you call that a mod)
-racing dash plate lights
-ziza headlights (6000k look)
-ziza yellow fogs (3000k)
-lamin-x yellow fog covers

PERFORMANCE:

-APR stage II
-neuspeed p-flo intake
-neuspeed front mount intercooler
-CTS turbo 200 cell catted nonres downpipe
-vanguard 2.5'' catback
-R8 coil packs
-hankook ventus v12 k110 evos

FUTURE MODS (in no particular order):

-NONE: I am done modifying this car. its made like shit and I don't have a mod friendly dealer anymore.

Now a few pics:

oooooooooold pic with my best friend's 08 550:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401240391.659143.jpg

my CTS downpipe (REVIEW):
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401240469.821900.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401240568.615354.jpg

aaaaand my dream skyline:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401240614.115022.jpg

this has been going quickly so I'll be chilling out at stage 2 for awhile, I'll get bored if I mod it too fast. next car is probably going to be a non VW... lol. But for the time being, the GTI is becoming fun as hell - with basic mods it is coming together. More pics and thoughts to come. This is just gonna be a journal for all my car journeys, so feel free to mention anything pertinent.

thanks for looking :)

Last edited:

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Scheduling my new tint appointment soon. Going 20% on the sides and 35% on the hatch so the back windows don't look too dark. I'm considering doing a 6 inch windshield strip but am not sure how it will look on shadow blue.

Also picked up a turbo flange gasket. So pumped for next tuesday :) :)

I'm ordering some duragloss 105 also, I think I finally found a wax hard enough to last for how much I wash this car during the summer. Also picking up fresh meguiar's microfiber towels (super soft) to replace the coarse and shitty ones I've been using for awhile. Just need to clay the bumper, there is SO much shit on it it's unbelievable. 30,000 turnpike miles haven't been kind to my paint.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Nice man! Are you taking it to NextLevel? The install is pretty easy, you should save the cash and diy that sh!t. Are you going to get the stage 2 tune as well or run stage 1 with the downpipe? I finally got my stage 2 tune this past Wednesday. The weather (as I'm sure you know) has sucked lately with all the rain but honestly I can't tell much difference at stage 2. Hoping that maybe its just the humidity or something. Good luck though and post up what you think after its all done!

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Nice man! Are you taking it to NextLevel? The install is pretty easy, you should save the cash and diy that sh!t. Are you going to get the stage 2 tune as well or run stage 1 with the downpipe? I finally got my stage 2 tune this past Wednesday. The weather (as I'm sure you know) has sucked lately with all the rain but honestly I can't tell much difference at stage 2. Hoping that maybe its just the humidity or something. Good luck though and post up what you think after its all done!

Thanks! Yeah I'm going to NL, honesty I'd rather just pay and know it's done right then always be questioning it because I installed it. Yup, running stage 2 also. I don't do check engine lights. haha. i'm excited to make some significant noise now, i've wanted an exhaust since I drove out of the dealer two years ago.

nice intercooler :)

;) :D ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401550978.590512.jpg

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Wow. Stage 2 is amazing. The powerband is SO much more linear, not to mention the exhaust sounds badass. APR's hard rev limiter sounds great on revs too. Video to come & review updated.

Last edited:

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Wow. Stage 2 is amazing. The powerband is SO much more linear, not to mention the exhaust sounds badass. APR's hard rev limiter sounds great on revs too. Video to come & review updated.

Glad to hear that you're happy with your downpipe and stage 2!!! :w00t:

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Nice start to your build thread

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Color matching sidemarkers?

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Color matching sidemarkers?

considering it. the dipped ones look kind of meh... I'll try using the glossifier and if that looks like ass still I'll color match them. the problem with color match is it can't be reversed.. which is why I'm hesitant.