GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

new pics of my Mk6

MikeyT213

Passed Driver's Ed
Wife picked up a new DSLR so I thought I'd snap a few pics. Still getting used to it. I know, the wheel gap is awful and the sidemarkers are an eyesore. That's next on my to do list. A bit too sunny down here in Florida to get any decent shots. Picked her up back in February. She's APR Stage 1 with the 2 stage Carbonio intake. Everything else is cosmetic, for now......

Attachments

• IMG_0521.jpg
    IMG_0521.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 1,611
  • IMG_0517.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 922
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 1,661
Last edited:

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Very nice, tasteful, the first one i have seen with a pin stripe.

CadMan

Ready to race!
Really nice car, first time I've seen one with a pinstrip that doesn't make me gag.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
I like it a lot.

KiwiKawaii

Ready to race!
Why the tinted headlights?

Does it affect light output? If it does then its just stupid

wildcars

Ready to race!
Wow, black looks so tasteful

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Looks good except the headlights.... can't be legal or safe

MikeyT213

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks good except the headlights.... can't be legal or safe

Actually it's legit. I'm an Air Force cop and we work with the Sheriff's office all the time. I ran it by them and as long as you don't change the color, you're ok. The Florida State Statute says it has to emit a white light and nothing can be affixed/applied to alter the color. It still emits a white light with the Lamin-x.

As far as safety is concerned, the difference in light output is hardly noticable. I can't stand the look of the halogen lamps.

MikeyT213

Passed Driver's Ed
Since this is a thread that's obviously craving attention, I'll go ahead and post my humble opinion:
NOT GOOD AT ALL. You took a good thing and made it garbage-tastic!

I must have misunderstood the purpose of this section of the forum. I thought this is where people can post pics/vids of their GTI to share with everyone else. I guess I don't see how it's "craving attention". You should post some pics of your "soon to be ride". Telling me it's "garbage-tastic" isn't being constructive, it's just being rude.

Ben1

Go Kart Champion
I say if you can get away with it and/or pull it off, it deserves to be shown :). Great job on the cosmetics so far!