GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 11:14 AM   #29
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedVW11 View Post
so youll be at scs tomorrow right?
if everything goes as planned and I can make it to south bend indiana in time then yes.
__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:22 AM   #30
BoostedVW11
GolfMK6 Elite
 
BoostedVW11's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 Subaru Wrx Stage 2
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 17,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
WHEN everything goes as planned and I can make it to south bend indiana in time then yes. i will bring back souvenirs from hstuning and take more photos throughout the day to keep ya'll entertained as well.
ftfy
__________________
There is no great genius without some touch of madness.

chyeah
BoostedVW11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:55 AM   #31
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,462
Put these on yesterday as well. 42DD shifter bushings. Slop=gone.
Getting new tires put on right now. Sumitomo htrz3

Been a huge weekend.
__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #32
WetMoney
Formula 5000 Driver
 
WetMoney's Avatar
 
Drives: "Love the Cars, Hate the Scene"
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,826
nice! look into getting the Tyrol Shifter Bracket Bushings too.
that also helped tighten things up with my setup.
HPA SS, 42DD bushings and MK4 metal side to side
__________________
Unitronic K04 Stage 2+ | Neuspeed FMIC | Unitronic Intake | CTS DP w/AWE CB | BC Racing BR Series Coilovers | H&R 24mm RSB | HPA 75A mount | South Bend Drop-in | more...


WetMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #33
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetMoney View Post
nice! look into getting the Tyrol Shifter Bracket Bushings too.
that also helped tighten things up with my setup.
HPA SS, 42DD bushings and MK4 metal side to side
Will definitely do some research on that thanks. The shifter bushings from 42DD are awesome, cleaned up the shifting a ton.


Also day 2 of driving with the RSR clutch. Feels fantastic. The car should have came this way.
__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #34
WetMoney
Formula 5000 Driver
 
WetMoney's Avatar
 
Drives: "Love the Cars, Hate the Scene"
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
Will definitely do some research on that thanks. The shifter bushings from 42DD are awesome, cleaned up the shifting a ton.


Also day 2 of driving with the RSR clutch. Feels fantastic. The car should have came this way.
the common saying always!
__________________
Unitronic K04 Stage 2+ | Neuspeed FMIC | Unitronic Intake | CTS DP w/AWE CB | BC Racing BR Series Coilovers | H&R 24mm RSB | HPA 75A mount | South Bend Drop-in | more...


WetMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #35
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,462
oh and my stencial for the Neuspeed FMIC came in the mail yesterday. So I'll be painting the logo on the fmic probably next weekend. I have to take the bumper off because I made a mistake and forgot to put the styrafoam absorber back on when I installed it. will kill 2 birds at once. actually 3 because I'm going to install the go fast bits dv+ at the same time.


w00t I love this car so much.
__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #36
WetMoney
Formula 5000 Driver
 
WetMoney's Avatar
 
Drives: "Love the Cars, Hate the Scene"
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,826
haha thats awesome. im still debating if i want to do the stencil. dont feel like taking my bumper off haha
__________________
Unitronic K04 Stage 2+ | Neuspeed FMIC | Unitronic Intake | CTS DP w/AWE CB | BC Racing BR Series Coilovers | H&R 24mm RSB | HPA 75A mount | South Bend Drop-in | more...


WetMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:39 AM   #37
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,462
I like the look. I'm going back and forth on what color though. For some reason I am leaning towards yellow for the logo.




Also I forgot I removed the visor decals the other day. Now there is this sticky residue that won't come off though. Goo gone helped a little but not much. Not sure what to use to get rid of it....
__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.

Last edited by jay745; 08-02-2014 at 11:47 AM.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:57 AM   #38
Frank@KMD
GolfMK6 Official Vendor
 
Frank@KMD's Avatar
 
Drives: Anything with 4 wheels
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to Frank@KMD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
I like the look. I'm going back and forth on what color though. For some reason I am leaning towards yellow for the logo.




Also I forgot I removed the visor decals the other day. Now there is this sticky residue that won't come off though. Goo gone helped a little but not much. Not sure what to use to get rid of it....
try to clay bar it maybe?
Frank@KMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:02 PM   #39
Jaber
Modero
 
Jaber's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Das Balls IL
Posts: 19,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
oh and my stencial for the Neuspeed FMIC came in the mail yesterday. So I'll be painting the logo on the fmic probably next weekend. I have to take the bumper off because I made a mistake and forgot to put the styrafoam absorber back on when I installed it. will kill 2 birds at once. actually 3 because I'm going to install the go fast bits dv+ at the same time.


w00t I love this car so much.

We can do it in my garage on Saturday if you'd like.
__________________
Member Journal

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #40
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@KMD View Post
try to clay bar it maybe?
good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
We can do it in my garage on Saturday if you'd like.
Thanks for the offer man but naw, this is an all day event as I have to wait for paint to dry etc. I finally bought some jack stands so I'll be doing this one at home.
__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #41
michal
Formula 2 Driver
 
michal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2-door coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roselle, IL
Posts: 5,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
Also I forgot I removed the visor decals the other day. Now there is this sticky residue that won't come off though. Goo gone helped a little but not much. Not sure what to use to get rid of it....

More goo gone and a lot of elbow grease . Lol clay bar will not help you. Did you use 70% or 90% alcohol?
michal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:59 PM   #42
jay745
Mod Flanders
 
jay745's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 18,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by michal View Post
More goo gone and a lot of elbow grease . Lol clay bar will not help you. Did you use 70% or 90% alcohol?
99%
__________________
Hit me up for VagCom in Chicago
Click >here< for my build thread.
I'll do your 40k service for much cheaper than a dealer.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
#assman, i love my car, jay'th, jay4prez, mah jay, nvh for daysss, sultansgotmehot, tag all the things, this guy has a fast car, vandorin was here, why no tags?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.