GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build your own RSR clutch kit - Parts list

Calkulin

Ready to race!
I think this needs its own thread as the original one I posted this info in was more a technical discussion and here we can talk about what are the best places to source the parts from, etc

Pressure plate - TT-RS
07K 141 025 B - Part of clutch kit 07K 141 015 B or 07K 141 015 BX(remanufactured)

Clutch disk - FSI, TSI & Euro TDI
03G 141 031 T
Or
1878 005 146 - Sachs part #

Dual mass flywheel - TSI
06J 105 266 H
Or
2294 000 838 - Sachs part #
Or
DMF131 - LuK part #

Throwout bearing
0A5 141 671 F
Or
LSC320 - LuK part #(old and new revisions kept the same part #, so make sure it looks like the one pictured as that's the latest revision(1 piece))

Transmission fluid - 2.3L capacity
G 052 512 A2 - 3x(my GLI came with this one, check your VIN at the dealer to verify which fluid you need)
Or
G 052 171 A2 - 3x

Bolts
N 906 650 01 - Flywheel - 8x
N 903 207 01 - Pressure plate - 6x
N 908 470 02 - Throwout bearing - 3x

Modifications - Only needed for the TSI
Open the 3 guide holes a little, we used a 15/64 drill bit

Last edited:

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
Excellent,Now I know what my next clutch is going to be.

zrickety

The Fixer
Great info thanks for sharing.

Sent via smoke signals

Calkulin

Ready to race!
you wouldnt happen to have ballpark prices for these pieces would you?

That's what this thread is for, to find the best places to source them from but my ballpark guess for the pressure plate and disk would be in the $500 range, as the disk by itself is around $200 shipped

I posted this in the other thread, so that has the prices for the disk
I sourced my Sachs version from Spareto for $198 but there are many more venders to get them from, like if you want the VW version, it looks like Partsale.eu has it and ships to the US

Cwinne

Ready to race!
Glad you started this thread cause I've been slipping 4th more often lately and spending 1k on a clutch right now isn't happening.

However if the end cost to build your own kit is only $100 cheaper that the RSR kit might as well get the kit from HS tuning just for customer service and any problems you may have.

SHOMI

Ready to race!
$100 cheaper??? More like 50%

Thank you Calkulin!
[emoji106]

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
I'm sure guys at HS tuning are more then astonished to see this tread...LOLOL
now they've got some competition

that's what you get for trying to make 100% or more PROFIT

oh well, not much i can do about now as i've already bought mine....still LOVE it, but NOT the $$$$$ i paid for it...

Id be interested to see if anyone will be willing to drop their current tranny with the RSR clutch installed and check the disk wear

then install the South Bend drop in disc and see how it feels. Or even the SACHS SRE Performance disc :)

molo

Ready to race!
I haven't been able to source the just the pressure plate... all the sites sell the complete kit.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I'm sure guys at HS tuning are more then astonished to see this tread...LOLOL
now they've got some competition

that's what you get for trying to make 100% or more PROFIT

oh well, not much i can do about now as i've already bought mine....still LOVE it, but NOT the $$$$$ i paid for it...

So they shouldn't try to profit on something they took the time to test and figure out? Are you familiar with capitalism, patents, and intellectual property?