GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 07-27-2014, 08:18 PM   #43
Stinger
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: stick 4d CSG '11 Mk6
+1

HS Tuning is doing great work for the VW community and I am certain these clutch kits are not their most profitable products/services.

I also trust Calkulin's research enough that I have made the effort to source the parts from Europe and the US, all for $650 delivered. I will post pics when I get them and later feedback when the clutch is installed in mid-late August.
APR Stage 1 (V2.1)::RSR-like clutch::Magnaflow catback::Sigma 6 SS::Bilstein B14 PSS::H&R 26mm fsb, 22mm rsb::Tyrol sub frame kit and front brake stiffener kit::UB UNIbrace::R8 coilpacks::LED taillights::Michelin PSS 235/45 on JNC 17x8 et30::
Audio - Eonon GA5153F::Focal Integration Plug & Play::JL Stealthbox 10TW3::JL XD 700/5 amp
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:54 AM   #44
MaliciousMK6
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2011 Tornado Red 2Dr 6MT GTI
Good find, I wish I hadn't just bought my clutch from them about a month ago....seems like a rip off for what little "R&D" they did.
MaliciousMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:10 AM   #45
Calkulin
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: '13 GLI Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliciousMK6 View Post
Good find, I wish I hadn't just bought my clutch from them about a month ago....seems like a rip off for what little "R&D" they did.

I wouldn't say the did little R&D, sure they didn't manufacturer any parts but from what I've read, they did test multiple combos, which takes at least a couple of hours of install to try each, plus the money they spent on the clutches themselves. A little over priced, yeah but not quite exactly a rip off IMO
Calkulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:15 AM   #46
lilfleck

Drives: '11 GTI Autobahn, DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliciousMK6 View Post
Had it been so little, someone else would have done it a long time ago. Also, how would they have known if it all fit together? How would they know if it functions properly? Is it comfortable to use? Does it hold power?

I was closely following the clutch threads when they were developing this and released it. They did quite a bit of R&D trying out multiple combinations until they got it right. As Calkulin said, they had to purchase parts to test AND they had to do clutch installs for every combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
I wouldn't say the did little R&D, sure they didn't manufacturer any parts but from what I've read, they did test multiple combos, which takes at least a couple of hours of install to try each, plus the money they spent on the clutches themselves. A little over priced, yeah but not quite exactly a rip off IMO
Agree with you.
lilfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:03 AM   #47
Torito77
Touring Car Champion

Drives: VW Scirocco
Will this work on a TFSI 2.0T engine ? If not, what are the modifications required? Any additional or different parts needed?
Old 07-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #48
Calkulin
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: '13 GLI Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torito77 View Post
Will this work on a TFSI 2.0T engine ? If not, what are the modifications required? Any additional or different parts needed?

FSIs don't require the mod and TFSIs shouldn't either, only the TSIs do. And they all use the same parts, so no different parts needed
Calkulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #49
Bill@EurozoneTuning
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI Autobahn
Just ordered the TT-RS pressure plate kit prom the dealer and euro TDI clutch disc from the Spareto site.

So excited to get this beast installed!
Old 08-24-2014, 11:26 PM   #50
ChrisChen1990
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 11' GTI 2-door
Will we need Alignment tool when we got the clutch installed?
APR Stage 2, SPM street downpipe, Neuspeed cat-back, K&N air intake,Forgemotorsport quick shifter Koni coilovers, H&R 26mm FSB, 22mm RSB, StopTech brake lines, EBC red stuff brake pads, O.Z Opera II, CTS turbo oil catch can, Unibrace UB, R8 coil packs, P3 car gauge, BSH throttle body pipe, Synapse DV, RSR Clutch
ChrisChen1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #51
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: BT GTI4Motion
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisChen1990 View Post
Will we need Alignment tool when we got the clutch installed?
I eye ball mine and it was fine
U-20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #52
redbeastMKVI
Banned

Drives: '10 TR 2DR GTI 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by U-20T View Post
I eye ball mine and it was fine
^This...i did the same when i installed my RSR clutch kit and it was fine
redbeastMKVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #53
Nineeightgolf
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
FSIs don't require the mod and TFSIs shouldn't either, only the TSIs do. And they all use the same parts, so no different parts needed
Anybody have any updates on their install? Caulkalin, have you gotten your tune or stage 3 yet? Thanks!
Nineeightgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:00 PM   #54
danielescobarg
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Audi A3 TSI K04
I put together mine aswell, but instead of the diesel disc used TTRS one. Mine is going into a tiguan 6mt so the imput shaft is different than GTI/R tranny. Im building an APR stage 3. Hope to have it in the ground this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
danielescobarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:49 PM   #55
Stinger
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: stick 4d CSG '11 Mk6

Following Calkulin's lead, I have also sourced the parts from the clutch sold by HS Tuning. As far as I can tell these are the same parts. The clutch will be installed this weekend (I hope) so I will be able to update as I go.

The most troublesome and frustrating part to get was the pressure plate from PartSale out of Estonia which took almost 8 weeks to get here (240 Euros delivered). Their version of customer service is a far cry from what we're accustomed to in the US. In fact, after they had shipped the part they actually emailed me asking that I send the replaced parts to them... something about an exchange program they had failed to tell me up front. I told them I'd be happy to send them the part back as long as they pay shipping and handling... Havent' heard from them yet and I would suggest finding another source for that part.

Spareto for the disk - also from Estonia (I think): $195 super easy to deal with online.
AutoHausAZ for slave cylinder and pressure plate bolts: $93 also very easy to work with
Other bolts from Audi:$10

Total: $613 delivered. Not a bad deal in the end.
APR Stage 1 (V2.1)::RSR-like clutch::Magnaflow catback::Sigma 6 SS::Bilstein B14 PSS::H&R 26mm fsb, 22mm rsb::Tyrol sub frame kit and front brake stiffener kit::UB UNIbrace::R8 coilpacks::LED taillights::Michelin PSS 235/45 on JNC 17x8 et30::
Audio - Eonon GA5153F::Focal Integration Plug & Play::JL Stealthbox 10TW3::JL XD 700/5 amp
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #56
ncampos976
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
mk7 same trans, should work for that too.