GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2014, 03:57 PM   #57
Nineeightgolf
Rally Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2011 gti
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post



Following Calkulin's lead, I have also sourced the parts from the clutch sold by HS Tuning. As far as I can tell these are the same parts. The clutch will be installed this weekend (I hope) so I will be able to update as I go.

The most troublesome and frustrating part to get was the pressure plate from PartSale out of Estonia which took almost 8 weeks to get here (240 Euros delivered). Their version of customer service is a far cry from what we're accustomed to in the US. In fact, after they had shipped the part they actually emailed me asking that I send the replaced parts to them... something about an exchange program they had failed to tell me up front. I told them I'd be happy to send them the part back as long as they pay shipping and handling... Havent' heard from them yet and I would suggest finding another source for that part.

Spareto for the disk - also from Estonia (I think): $195 super easy to deal with online.
AutoHausAZ for slave cylinder and pressure plate bolts: $93 also very easy to work with
Other bolts from Audi:$10

Total: $613 delivered. Not a bad deal in the end.
Did you opt for The reman pp kit? Seems like it based on price and request for core. Any worries about a reman?
Nineeightgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:37 PM   #58
APRMK6GTi
Formula 5000 Champion
 
APRMK6GTi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncampos976 View Post
mk7 same trans, should work for that too.
interesting, their factory clutch/pressure plate supposedly holds up APR Stage 1 which has over 380lb/ft of torque with no problem
__________________
2012 CSG GTI 6SPD | APR Tuned | AWE K04 | APR Carbonio | IE FDS IC | 42DD DP | Magnaflow CBE | Neuspeed TOP/ACP | GFB DV+ | DG S6 | OEM MSB | Verdict SBB | HST RSR | ECS Bleeder Block | SuperPro LCA/ALK | 034 TAI | AST/GC | OZ | TT-RS Brakes | Whiteline 24MM F&R | Tyrolsport | Unibrace XB/UB/RB | EuroSport LB | Euro OEM LED | OEM Aero Parts | P3 |
Nor Cal VW Drivers Club Feel free to join!
APRMK6GTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #59
SHOMI
Touring Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2010 GTI
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by APRMK6GTi View Post
interesting, their factory clutch/pressure plate supposedly holds up APR Stage 1 which has over 380lb/ft of torque with no problem
But for how long...
__________________
'10 6MT / APR Stage 1 / UNI Intake / APR DP / Magnaflow Catback / LED Tails / Depo Racing Boost Gauge
SHOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #60
APRMK6GTi
Formula 5000 Champion
 
APRMK6GTi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 2,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOMI View Post
But for how long...
not sure, but APR did "long term testing" seems ok. i mean Mk6 stock cant even handle ~300lb/ft torque.... mk7 has nearly 80+ torque with the same tranny and whatever new oem clutch/pp it has
__________________
2012 CSG GTI 6SPD | APR Tuned | AWE K04 | APR Carbonio | IE FDS IC | 42DD DP | Magnaflow CBE | Neuspeed TOP/ACP | GFB DV+ | DG S6 | OEM MSB | Verdict SBB | HST RSR | ECS Bleeder Block | SuperPro LCA/ALK | 034 TAI | AST/GC | OZ | TT-RS Brakes | Whiteline 24MM F&R | Tyrolsport | Unibrace XB/UB/RB | EuroSport LB | Euro OEM LED | OEM Aero Parts | P3 |
Nor Cal VW Drivers Club Feel free to join!
APRMK6GTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:13 PM   #61
Stinger
FIA GT Newbie
 
Stinger's Avatar
 
Drives: stick 4d CSG '11 Mk6
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineeightgolf View Post
Did you opt for The reman pp kit? Seems like it based on price and request for core. Any worries about a reman?
Yes, it is a re manufactured and no, I don't know how it will hold over time. It's the $600 vs $1100 gamble... but I need to change the stock clutch now, cuz the slip is getting bad and I'm tracking in 3 weeks.
__________________
APR Stage 1 (V2.1)::RSR-like clutch::Magnaflow catback::Sigma 6 SS::Bilstein B14 PSS::H&R 26mm fsb, 22mm rsb::Tyrol sub frame kit and front brake stiffener kit::UB UNIbrace::R8 coilpacks::LED taillights::Michelin PSS 235/45 on JNC 17x8 et30::
Audio - Eonon GA5153F::Focal Integration Plug & Play::JL Stealthbox 10TW3::JL XD 700/5 amp
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:16 PM   #62
zrickety
Formula 3000 Champion
 
zrickety's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: GA 31015
Posts: 4,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by APRMK6GTi View Post
... mk7 has nearly 80+ torque with the same tranny and whatever new oem clutch/pp it has
What do you want to bet the mk7 clutch uses these parts or anything better than the mk6? VW must have had many complaints with this 'weak' clutch.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs999 View Post
He's a real straight shooter, no monkey business, and the wheel swap at the Kohl's parking lot was quick and easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:32 AM   #63
Calkulin
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Calkulin's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 GLI Nav
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central FL
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineeightgolf View Post
Anybody have any updates on their install? Caulkalin, have you gotten your tune or stage 3 yet? Thanks!

I had to buy another ECU to get that tuned so I won't have any downtime, which took extra time but the tuned ECU should be in my hands this coming week

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielescobarg View Post
I put together mine aswell, but instead of the diesel disc used TTRS one. Mine is going into a tiguan 6mt so the imput shaft is different than GTI/R tranny. Im building an APR stage 3. Hope to have it in the ground this week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're using the whole TT-RS clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post



Following Calkulin's lead, I have also sourced the parts from the clutch sold by HS Tuning. As far as I can tell these are the same parts. The clutch will be installed this weekend (I hope) so I will be able to update as I go.

The most troublesome and frustrating part to get was the pressure plate from PartSale out of Estonia which took almost 8 weeks to get here (240 Euros delivered). Their version of customer service is a far cry from what we're accustomed to in the US. In fact, after they had shipped the part they actually emailed me asking that I send the replaced parts to them... something about an exchange program they had failed to tell me up front. I told them I'd be happy to send them the part back as long as they pay shipping and handling... Havent' heard from them yet and I would suggest finding another source for that part.

Spareto for the disk - also from Estonia (I think): $195 super easy to deal with online.
AutoHausAZ for slave cylinder and pressure plate bolts: $93 also very easy to work with
Other bolts from Audi:$10

Total: $613 delivered. Not a bad deal in the end.

Congrats but yeah I agree with you on PartSale, I ordered something through them thinking I could save a little money and ended up waiting over 1 month extra than I originally thought it would take, essentially 2+ months of waiting to get the part and it was just a bracket, so yeah, I will never order from them again, no matter how cheap they are. Spareto was great tho, I got the clutch disc 2 days after ordering through them

Quote:
Originally Posted by APRMK6GTi View Post
interesting, their factory clutch/pressure plate supposedly holds up APR Stage 1 which has over 380lb/ft of torque with no problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrickety View Post
What do you want to bet the mk7 clutch uses these parts or anything better than the mk6? VW must have had many complaints with this 'weak' clutch.

The MK7's(Gen 3 TSI GLI also) use the 06J 141 015 J/X clutch kit, which uses the same clutch disc that the RSR clutch, just with a Sachs pressure plate. Also, it's now the stock replacement clutch for mostly all VW FSI/TSI's & Audi TFSI's
Calkulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:32 PM   #64
Stinger
FIA GT Newbie
 
Stinger's Avatar
 
Drives: stick 4d CSG '11 Mk6
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 877
I took my clutch kit to ncampos976 who installed it for me in a couple hours. I highly recommend him if you're in the Bay Area! He has installed so many clutches I thought he was doing it with his eyes closed!
Though I'm glad he didn't 'cuz he found a couple anomalies with my belt housing which prompted me to take the car to VW this morning. Just got a call that they will replace the belt housing and a few other parts for free as part of my 50K miles warranty!

Anyway, the new clutch is a whole world different from the stock clutch... More foot pressure, more grip, solid through the rpm's. I will be gentle for another couple weeks when I go track my car.
__________________
APR Stage 1 (V2.1)::RSR-like clutch::Magnaflow catback::Sigma 6 SS::Bilstein B14 PSS::H&R 26mm fsb, 22mm rsb::Tyrol sub frame kit and front brake stiffener kit::UB UNIbrace::R8 coilpacks::LED taillights::Michelin PSS 235/45 on JNC 17x8 et30::
Audio - Eonon GA5153F::Focal Integration Plug & Play::JL Stealthbox 10TW3::JL XD 700/5 amp
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #65
POPSMK6
FIA GT Newbie
 
POPSMK6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI 6M, 2006 Passat (SOLD)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 661 SOCAL
Posts: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
I had to buy another ECU to get that tuned so I won't have any downtime, which took extra time but the tuned ECU should be in my hands this coming week




So you're using the whole TT-RS clutch?




Congrats but yeah I agree with you on PartSale, I ordered something through them thinking I could save a little money and ended up waiting over 1 month extra than I originally thought it would take, essentially 2+ months of waiting to get the part and it was just a bracket, so yeah, I will never order from them again, no matter how cheap they are. Spareto was great tho, I got the clutch disc 2 days after ordering through them





The MK7's(Gen 3 TSI GLI also) use the 06J 141 015 J/X clutch kit, which uses the same clutch disc that the RSR clutch, just with a Sachs pressure plate. Also, it's now the stock replacement clutch for mostly all VW FSI/TSI's & Audi TFSI's
So ordering part# 06J 141 015 J/X from this site http://www.jimellisvwparts.com/produ...J141015JX.html would be ok? They are sellling it for $263.68. Will this be the same as the RSR clutch?
POPSMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #66
Nineeightgolf
Rally Car Newbie
 
Drives: 2011 gti
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
The MK7's(Gen 3 TSI GLI also) use the 06J 141 015 J/X clutch kit, which uses the same clutch disc that the RSR clutch, just with a Sachs pressure plate. Also, it's now the stock replacement clutch for mostly all VW FSI/TSI's & Audi TFSI's
Is that basically what you are running from your other thread? It's essentially an upgraded disk with a standard sachs flywheel correct? I bet that would be fine for stage 2.
Nineeightgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:59 PM   #67
Calkulin
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Calkulin's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 GLI Nav
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central FL
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by POPSMK6 View Post
So ordering part# 06J 141 015 J/X from this site http://www.jimellisvwparts.com/produ...J141015JX.html would be ok? They are sellling it for $263.68. Will this be the same as the RSR clutch?

It uses the same clutch disk but different pressure plate(Sachs vs LuK), so it's not the same unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineeightgolf View Post
Is that basically what you are running from your other thread? It's essentially an upgraded disk with a standard sachs flywheel correct? I bet that would be fine for stage 2.

No, I'm running the same clutch disk with a LuK pressure plate that is slightly different than the TT-RS(RSR) one
Calkulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #68
POPSMK6
FIA GT Newbie
 
POPSMK6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI 6M, 2006 Passat (SOLD)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 661 SOCAL
Posts: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
It uses the same clutch disk but different pressure plate(Sachs vs LuK), so it's not the same unfortunately




No, I'm running the same clutch disk with a LuK pressure plate that is slightly different than the TT-RS(RSR) one
Do you think this will work on an MK6 just holding stage 1?
POPSMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #69
Calkulin
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Calkulin's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 GLI Nav
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central FL
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by POPSMK6 View Post
Do you think this will work on an MK6 just holding stage 1?

It should as the Golf Rs and MK7s seem to be holding the added power the tuning adds for them but I don't spend a lot of time over there, so you may want to see what they are saying about their clutches to make sure. Either way though, it's better than the stock clutch yours and mine came with even though they look similar
Calkulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:17 PM   #70
POPSMK6
FIA GT Newbie
 
POPSMK6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTI 6M, 2006 Passat (SOLD)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: 661 SOCAL
Posts: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
It should as the Golf Rs and MK7s seem to be holding the added power the tuning adds for them but I don't spend a lot of time over there, so you may want to see what they are saying about their clutches to make sure. Either way though, it's better than the stock clutch yours and mine came with even though they look similar
MK7 clutch part# 06K141015BX
MK6/Golf R clutch part# 06J141015JX

Do you still think it will work on the MK6? If it does, I might just go this route since I do not plan going past stage 1. By the way, I appreciate all your work and keeping us informed on these clutches.

Last edited by POPSMK6; 09-10-2014 at 05:07 PM.
POPSMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.