GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build your own RSR clutch kit - Parts list

kosmaras

Go Kart Newbie
In a stroke of luck, the TT-RS plate I ordered from eEuro unexpectedly became out of stock and they have no idea when they'll get it back.

So I turned around and immediately ordered the Sachs kit from FCP, along with the clutch disk.

Good deal! That couldn't have worked out any better! I'll be wrapping up my install tonight. Word to the wise, when you drill out the holes on the PP, 15/64 was too small for me. When I hammered the PP onto the flywheel, it drove the dowel pins of my LUK DMF backwards. I drilled the holes out to 1/4" and then pried the dowel pins back OUT to where they should be and put a dab of JB weld on them to hold them in place. DO NOT hammer the PP onto the FW otherwise this *could* happen. It could also be the fact that I used a LUK flywheel instead of Sachs and the dowel pin fit isn't tight enough.

torga

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the tip! I got the Sachs DMFW, but I'll test fit first.

kosmaras

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the tip! I got the Sachs DMFW, but I'll test fit first.
Did you end up getting the budget TTRS clutch from FCP?? I finished the install on my CC and have about 270 miles on her.. So far so good! I didn't wait the 500 to give it the mustard and so far the clutch is holding well! So happy I went this route.

torga

Autocross Champion
Did you end up getting the budget TTRS clutch from FCP?? I finished the install on my CC and have about 270 miles on her.. So far so good! I didn't wait the 500 to give it the mustard and so far the clutch is holding well! So happy I went this route.
Yep, I got the FCP clearance one. I won't get a chance to install for at least another 1.5-2 months, but I'm counting the days.

Mig8400

Just ordered mine for cheap thanks to you!

Just as a heads up since I just received mine, if anyone is ordering the clearance kit from FCP for $308, it is not Sachs even though it is labeled as Sachs. LuK brand is the plate that they send with 07K 141 015 B. And there isn't a TOB included unlike their picture.

Tkwmk6

I have all the parts for this got the fcp special pressure plate is there any actual difference between that an the more expensive part?

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Before you guys install, be aware that the pedal engages pretty low. Almost level with the dead pedal. I’ve had mine installed over 10k miles, hasn’t changed much. I would’ve gone a different route if I had known. Easily 1-1.5 inches of play at the top of pedal travel.

torga

Autocross Champion
That doesn't sound all that different from stock GTI clutch.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
My clutch from RSR is the opposite of that. Only about 700 miles on it so far, but I can do the laziest clutch presses and it hasn't grinded yet. I've never had a clutch grab this high.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Mine engages toward the top. You can half press it really. I don't remember reading about anyone's engaging toward the bottom.

I have all the parts for this got the fcp special pressure plate is there any actual difference between that an the more expensive part?

Not sure what you are asking. The PP from FCP that was on sale a few post's back?

kosmaras

Go Kart Newbie
Mine at first grabbed close to the floor. Now it's about how it was stock. I believe a TOB shim would help this if you have this issue...Looking back I would have installed it just to be safe, but mine feels just like stock now.

aspirollari

Ready to race!
Whats up fellas, i started piecing together this kit like 3.5 years ago lol. Then i lost interest in spending anymore money on my car because i was in graduate school studying to be a doctor. Well, now im graduated and practicing so its time to finish what i started. The only thing i have left to buy is the pressure plate. But i do have a question, back when i did my initial research on this RSR kit. It was safe to use the stock dual mass flywheel. Is that still the case? Or do i need to replace that as well? My car has 66k miles on it. 2013 GTI.

Jekyll991

Ready to race!
Whats up fellas, i started piecing together this kit like 3.5 years ago lol. Then i lost interest in spending anymore money on my car because i was in graduate school studying to be a doctor. Well, now im graduated and practicing so its time to finish what i started. The only thing i have left to buy is the pressure plate. But i do have a question, back when i did my initial research on this RSR kit. It was safe to use the stock dual mass flywheel. Is that still the case? Or do i need to replace that as well? My car has 66k miles on it. 2013 GTI.

I done the piece together set up with the stock DMFW at around 55k, setting at 130k now without any issues and have been running stage 2 ever since installing it. I will say I can feel a bit of backlash when I go from coasting to back on the throttle, like when you can feel play on the rear axle of a truck. It done it since it was first installed but I chose to ignore and pretend it wasn't happening, never developed into anything worse luckily lol.

aspirollari

Ready to race!
I done the piece together set up with the stock DMFW at around 55k, setting at 130k now without any issues and have been running stage 2 ever since installing it. I will say I can feel a bit of backlash when I go from coasting to back on the throttle, like when you can feel play on the rear axle of a truck. It done it since it was first installed but I chose to ignore and pretend it wasn't happening, never developed into anything worse luckily lol.
oh man thats a huge relief if you've been at it with 80k miles on it. Thats awesome. You mind sharing with me where you bought the pressure plate from? Im having a hard time knowing if im buying just a plate or the disk also because the pictures on the websites show the PP and the disk.

Last edited: