GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Marketplace > Vendors Classifieds > General Sales/Announcements

Old 09-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #15
bmc333
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 Tornado Red GTI
Send a message via AIM to bmc333 Send a message via Yahoo to bmc333
Ordered! Can't wait to try these out
bmc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:29 PM   #16
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc333 View Post
Ordered! Can't wait to try these out
Thanks for the order. It will leave the warehouse with a tracking # tomorrow.

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:18 PM   #17
whothrewpooh
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI (4DR/DSG/SUN/NAV)
Color Changing Footwells on sale now! Change to any color with a click of a b...

I have a set of these in my car and they look excellent. There are lots of different colors to switch between and they are quite bright at their highest setting.

There are some modes that will continuously alter the color if that is your thing, but I wouldn't recommend driving around like that at night. I keep mine on red which goes nice with the gauges and stuff and doesn't mess with my night vision.

If you watch the videos and take your time the install is easy with no bulb-out light and no VCDS coding. Last but not least the remote fits nicely down in the center console by the MDI connector.

Overall I'd say that if you were thinking of swapping your stock footwells to LED you should get these instead of being stuck with just one color,
Old 09-10-2014, 11:37 PM   #18
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whothrewpooh View Post
I have a set of these in my car and they look excellent. There are lots of different colors to switch between and they are quite bright at their highest setting.

There are some modes that will continuously alter the color if that is your thing, but I wouldn't recommend driving around like that at night. I keep mine on red which goes nice with the gauges and stuff and doesn't mess with my night vision.

If you watch the videos and take your time the install is easy with no bulb-out light and no VCDS coding. Last but not least the remote fits nicely down in the center console by the MDI connector.

Overall I'd say that if you were thinking of swapping your stock footwells to LED you should get these instead of being stuck with just one color,
Thanks for the feedback.

We do not suggest leaving any LED footwells on while driving, the reason being with the MK6 GTI and some other models, high volts of electricity are sent to your footwells when you accelerate, having your LEDs one can cause the resistors to burn out which causes the LED to die before its time.

We do warranty these, but to avoid any hassle of using the warranty, it is best to keep these off while driving.

Thank you

Old 09-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #19
Beaker
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2016 Golf R & 2008 Corvette Z06
Installed these and they are great. Fantastic instruction videos too. Thanks
APR K04, VWR Race Springs, Forge DV, Eurojet FMIC, APR Stage 1 & 2 Intake, APR TBE, R8 Coils, P3 Vent Gauge, RSe12 Hyper Black w/ PSS (summer set), VWR Racing wheels 18's (winter wheels) Tinted Marker Lights, Hella Dark Cherry Tail Lights, R20 Side Skirts, Hotchkis rear sway bar, whiteline endlinks, VWR Big Brake Kit, Audi S style mirror covers.
Beaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:20 PM   #20
Beaker
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2016 Golf R & 2008 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by deAutoKey View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

We do not suggest leaving any LED footwells on while driving, the reason being with the MK6 GTI and some other models, high volts of electricity are sent to your footwells when you accelerate, having your LEDs one can cause the resistors to burn out which causes the LED to die before its time.

We do warranty these, but to avoid any hassle of using the warranty, it is best to keep these off while driving.

Thank you
Good to know. I've been leaving them on like factory, but I can certainly shit them off.
APR K04, VWR Race Springs, Forge DV, Eurojet FMIC, APR Stage 1 & 2 Intake, APR TBE, R8 Coils, P3 Vent Gauge, RSe12 Hyper Black w/ PSS (summer set), VWR Racing wheels 18's (winter wheels) Tinted Marker Lights, Hella Dark Cherry Tail Lights, R20 Side Skirts, Hotchkis rear sway bar, whiteline endlinks, VWR Big Brake Kit, Audi S style mirror covers.
Beaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #21
whothrewpooh
Go Kart Champion

@deautokey - I noticed a bit in VCDS for LED footwells... something like "Disable footwell bulb monitoring (LED lights)" which I changed over the weekend. I assume that eliminates the power surges you are warning us about.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:44 PM   #22
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Installed these and they are great. Fantastic instruction videos too. Thanks
Thanks for the update.

Quote:
@deautokey - I noticed a bit in VCDS for LED footwells... something like "Disable footwell bulb monitoring (LED lights)" which I changed over the weekend. I assume that eliminates the power surges you are warning us about.
That could work, what we have seen with just the MK6 GTI is that when accelerating higher than normal volts are sent to the bulb.

Our lifetime warranty will cover any issues you might have though, but it is a heads up.

Thank you

Old 09-16-2014, 11:23 PM   #23
whothrewpooh
Go Kart Champion

I believe it was in 09-Cent Elect inside the long coding helper. My notes say "byte 25 bit 3 = 1 monitor footwell inactive (LED lights)" if that is useful. I have mine set to the lowest in the car settings (20% i think) and they LEDs arent getting hot or misbehaving yet keeping them on while driving.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #24
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
I believe it was in 09-Cent Elect inside the long coding helper. My notes say "byte 25 bit 3 = 1 monitor footwell inactive (LED lights)" if that is useful. I have mine set to the lowest in the car settings (20% i think) and they LEDs arent getting hot or misbehaving yet keeping them on while driving.
Good information. Our LEDs should hold up, but if they do die before their time, we have a lifetime warranty, we just want to let customers know this is a special case just for the MK6 GTI footwells and not our LEDs overall.

Thank you

Old 09-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #25
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

These will be back in stock soon! Please subscribe to this thread to keep updated.

Thank you for your patience.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:57 PM   #26
bmc333
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 Tornado Red GTI
Send a message via AIM to bmc333 Send a message via Yahoo to bmc333
Got mine installed yesterday and LOVE them! Impressed with how bright they are as well. Good to know about not leaving them on while driving due to higher voltage...
bmc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #27
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc333 View Post
Got mine installed yesterday and LOVE them! Impressed with how bright they are as well. Good to know about not leaving them on while driving due to higher voltage...
Thanks for the feedback.

If you are not going to accelerate and just cruising, you should have no issues with these being on. Due to the VW GTI MK6 Electrical system and how it sends high volts as it revs its engine, close to 21v, it can fry your fotwell's resistors.

But, we do have a lifetime warranty and understand this can happen with the MK6 GTI.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #28
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

BACK IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP! Hurry! These are not lasting long.