GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 01-08-2015, 06:04 PM   #29
motodude310
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 gti dsg
If it hasn't been said already, APR deleted that sensor in my tune for me. Now I'm left crossing my fingers when emissions time comes.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:44 PM   #30
Letus
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Ok - so this little sensor, while not a problem for sure seemed awful complicated for something as simple as a radiator.

Why? Well turns out we are all driving around with a radiator with a catalytic coating for converting ambient Ozone (O3) to Oxygen (O2). This allows VW to earn emission reduction credits. arg... I love this crap...

http://www.catalysts.basf.com/p02/US...sions/prem-air
Letus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #31
v.b
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: K04 rocketship
Quote:
Originally Posted by motodude310 View Post
If it hasn't been said already, APR deleted that sensor in my tune for me. Now I'm left crossing my fingers when emissions time comes.
how did you request this?
v.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:05 AM   #32
vwgti2.0t
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by motodude310 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by v.b View Post
how did you request this?
Mine is still giving me soft codes as well. Sometimes the CEL will come on, but then turns itself off and leaves the soft code. Motodude...how did you request to get yours turned off?
vwgti2.0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:07 AM   #33
vwgti2.0t
Formula 3000 Champion

I just got a brillant fucking idea. Since in theory this sensor references the actual coolant temp sensor, I wonder if I just tap into the coolant temp sensor wiring and attach the Direct Ozone Temp sensor wiring into that if it would solve the issue...

Probably not, but I'm going to do some investigating tonight.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:04 AM   #34
DougFresh
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2010 VW GTI
Bumping this up, any fixes or Solutions?
DougFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #35
DougFresh
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2010 VW GTI
Meant to add, My CEL isn't constant. Only happens when the temp gets into the 70's or for more than a day. I run all winter, spring, fall without the issue.
DougFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:40 PM   #36
vwgti2.0t
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougFresh View Post
Meant to add, My CEL isn't constant. Only happens when the temp gets into the 70's or for more than a day. I run all winter, spring, fall without the issue.
Mine definitely has a mind of it's own. It seems major temperature swings sets it off. Either really hot or really cold. Haven't gotten a CEL or even a soft code for it in months though. I run Eurodyne Maestro now though and have adjustability galore. So if/when it comes back I'll just code it out in the tune. Game over. LOL.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:26 AM   #37
wndwsdwngti860
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: gti
just to chime in..,,i have an 08 TSI CBFA and am getting this code as well
Old 07-17-2015, 08:14 PM   #38
ACHILLES R32
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Drivers Ed
Was driving to work this morning and check engine light came on . get home run a scan with vcds turns out it's this ozone fault code. Ran vcds last week when i installed led tails and saw the ozone fault code , but cleared it since I didn't have CEL on. Going to call dealer tomorrow to schedule a appointment.
Car has 13,900 miles and already had water pump replaced . What's next probably coil pack and dv. Lol

Car is at the dealer, radiator has been ordered . I was given a 2014 Jetta SE as a loaner.

Sent from my Nexus 5
APR Stage 1 - Neuspeed P-Flo Intake - OEM R Tails - Euro Lip - Suntek Carbon 55 Tint - XPEL Headlight/Fog Kit - Hoen Fog Bulbs - Neuspeed Catback - Neuspeed Charge Pipe - Neusped Discharge Pipe - Neuspeed FMIC - GFB DV+ - R8 Coil Packs - VW DG Springs/ Koni Yellows - Unibrace UB

Last edited by ACHILLES R32; 07-21-2015 at 06:47 PM.
ACHILLES R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:04 AM   #39
prospal
Rally Car Champion

Drives: '11 GTI Sun/Navi
I'm having this issue as well. It seemed to appear when it was hot and rainy/humid. I cleared it twice, but it would come back.

I finally gave up on clearing it as I was bringing it in for an 80k service, figured maybe the shop would help identify the issue. They said I'd need a new rad - just had mine replaced ~6mo ago due to the original one pissing coolant out! And what's shitty is you cant just buy this bullshit sensor alone, you have to get a whole new rad. But the day before I Was bringing it in for the 80k, it turned itself off. I didn't clear the code, I wanted the shop to see it.

Anyway, this is kind of frustrating, this car is bleeding me dry, but hopefully it'll be covered under install warranty. I wouldn't give a shit if it didn't cut my boost and shit on my gas mileage. The shop owner said what's happening is, since the sensor is off (and it thinks my engine is getting hot?), it's cutting boost and throwing more fuel to cool the motor down. I was wondering why I was getting like 280 miles to the tank.

I'll see when I get the car back (my injector decided to take a shit on the way home), if it manifests again. Hopefully not. About to burn this car.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:13 PM   #40
colslaw87
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 CSG 4dr 6spd
My 2012 GTI check engine light just came on. Got it scanned and this same code popped up. I'm almost to 50k, so looks like I'll be fixing this at the same time as my service interval.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
colslaw87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:10 AM   #41
ACHILLES R32
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Drivers Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by colslaw87 View Post
My 2012 GTI check engine light just came on. Got it scanned and this same code popped up. I'm almost to 50k, so looks like I'll be fixing this at the same time as my service interval.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I had the dealer replaced my radiator and the sensor in July, couple weeks later the code came back. (But no CEL) Took it in again they checked the sensor and said everything if functioning properly and cleared the code. I have not scanned it since with VCDS. Probably should, if its back again. Think I'm going to take it to another VW dealer

Sent from my Nexus 5
APR Stage 1 - Neuspeed P-Flo Intake - OEM R Tails - Euro Lip - Suntek Carbon 55 Tint - XPEL Headlight/Fog Kit - Hoen Fog Bulbs - Neuspeed Catback - Neuspeed Charge Pipe - Neusped Discharge Pipe - Neuspeed FMIC - GFB DV+ - R8 Coil Packs - VW DG Springs/ Koni Yellows - Unibrace UB
ACHILLES R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:00 PM   #42
colslaw87
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 CSG 4dr 6spd
The CEL has been on for the past 3 days, but went off this morning on my drive to work. It was 65 degrees outside and increased to 75 degrees ... the CEL stayed off. Sounds similar to others who've had their CEL come and go.
colslaw87 is offline   Reply With Quote