GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fully Bolted Stage 2 MK6 vs Focus ST + 2010 Mustang GT

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
UPDATE;

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2253800&postcount=34

So a couple quick observations/stories for you guys... Sorry no video, I know that's what you all want to see, I'll get some video of these observations as both these guys are buddies so we run each other frequently. I have pictures in place instead.... its something.... lol

Anyway, read on;

I'm fully bolted Stage 2 UNITRONIC, not exactly sure the power numbers but its healthy for Stage 2. I managed a 13.5 @ 105mph best 1/4 so far, with a less then stellar 60ft.

MK6 vs 2013 Ford Focus ST

Friend number 1 drives a white Focus ST with the following mods;
- COBB Stage 3 tune
- FMIC
- HKS Bov
- Full turbo back, catless
- Tranny dog bone mount
- Short shift kit
- Coilovers

He puts down 261whp and 335wtrq.

We have done many pulls, and I am able to run side by side with him or, sometimes edge him a bit, but it's pretty even most of the time. He tends to spin quite a lot in lower gears as do I, but he makes more torque then I'm probably making so I gain traction sooner. Sometimes from a dig I can get him but if its a roll, we are usually pretty even.

He just bought a GT28 kit, so guess I have no choice now for K04 or better.... :iono: Friendly rivalry's suck lol...

MK6 vs 2010 Mustang GT 4.6L

Friend number 2 drives a 4.6L GT, literally one just before they switched to the 5 dot. He has the following mods;
- BAMA 93 Octane Tune
- Ford Racing Intake
- Header back exhaust/xpipe straight through muffler
- Short shift kit

He says hes putting down around 300whp and 315wtrq.

I have raced stock 4.6L GT's and walked them pretty hard. So I trust his number suggestions somewhat. Because I had run GT's before, I wasn't too interested in running him, but he has been buggin me for ages now, so tonight I finally took the bait.

We did 3 pulls all from a roll at about 45-50kph (25-30mph). 3 honks to start each pull. We went from 50-180-190kph (111-118mph) each time. I really wish I had the video from these ones as they were good pulls.

First time I got the jump and slowly walked him up till about 180 through 3 gears starting at the top of 2nd.

Second time we were dead even pulling through 3 gears starting from middle of 3rd.

Third time we were once again very even, pulling through 3 gears, starting from top of 2nd.

He is a 5 speed, and I am a 6 speed DSG.
He has half tank of gas and one passenger, I had full tank of gas and just myself.

I was happy with the results, and he was completely surprised by them. He did not think I would be right there with him.

I'm going to get videos of some pulls and update.

Until then, hopefully these little observations help with the greater "MK6 vs" world. Knowledge is power gents. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Avant

Ready to race!
Good stuff man.. great to know.

As for the Focus's numbers.. what kind of dyno? Interesting that you'd always be side by side with him even though he has crazy torque numbers. I imagine it woulda been from a Dynapack or Dynojet.

Great runs. Disappointing there was a passenger in the GT, but no vids!? Without a passenger, he may creep on you up top, but impressive runs nonetheless. My cousin has a modded ST and I've always wondered how a run with him would turn out. My car should be quite a bit faster than my sig shows, so I should be able to pull him :) :thumbsup:

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
Nice runs. I've ran my bro's auto '05 GT a good number of times. Pretty much the same outcome as you've experienced. I found out that I don't have chance from the dig and from a roll, we're pretty much even (thanks to the downpipe :D). He also has some basic bolt-ons and suspension work done to it. His best runs on the strip have been 13.5-13.6 on all seasons, while my best times are still while i was running stage 1 at 13.9. LOL

Mogambo

Ready to race!
What is an unbolted mk6 compared to fully bolted?

mattttt

Go Kart Champion
What is an unbolted mk6 compared to fully bolted?

Fully bolted meaning no internal modifications (valves, rods, etc) or upgraded turbo

Would love to see some vids against that ST once both of you get bigger turbos on!

Mogambo

Ready to race!
So fully bolted means intake. Wheeeeww

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
CSB.

I'll be racing the same gen mustang soon, basic bolt ons and a tune. Hopefully I can keep up, cause he won't stop talking shit...

fast2ghl

Ready to race!

haha, yup it is! I expected this as no videos posted, but hey I posted pictures, that counts for something right?

Good stuff man.. great to know.

As for the Focus's numbers.. what kind of dyno? Interesting that you'd always be side by side with him even though he has crazy torque numbers. I imagine it woulda been from a Dynapack or Dynojet.

Think it was dynojet. He has really crappy tires so that doesn't help him either.

CSB - can't wait to see GTI K04 vs ST GT28.

haha, you and me both man! Although something tells me he will be pulling me next year.... :mad0259:

Great runs. Disappointing there was a passenger in the GT, but no vids!? Without a passenger, he may creep on you up top, but impressive runs nonetheless. My cousin has a modded ST and I've always wondered how a run with him would turn out. My car should be quite a bit faster than my sig shows, so I should be able to pull him :) :thumbsup:

Yeah I know, I REALLY wish I had vids from last nights mustang runs, the results were surprising to both myself and my buddy. I tried to describe the runs as best I could for you guys lacking a video. He really thought he was gonna pull me, I wasn't sure, I knew I could take stock 4.6 GT's but wasn't sure about lightly bolted and tuned....

Fully bolted meaning no internal modifications (valves, rods, etc) or upgraded turbo

Would love to see some vids against that ST once both of you get bigger turbos on!

I will get vids of both mustang and ST runs at some point for sure.

So fully bolted means intake. Wheeeeww

Sorta.... lol

your friends white focus ST looks clean!

It is! Its actually debadged now too, I did that for him last month.

NO—it's everything aside from internal engine components that bolt on: intake, exhaust, intercooler, high-pressure fuel pump, clutch, etc.

This ^

CSB.

I'll be racing the same gen mustang soon, basic bolt ons and a tune. Hopefully I can keep up, cause he won't stop talking shit...

You should do well, these mustang guys don't expect our little schnitzel mobiles to keep up... :D

I also have a buddy who own a really nice 1987 Scirocco which he converted to AWD and he's running a 2L 16v w/ a T3/4 hybrid turbo. I race him a lot too, so I'll try and get some vids for that as well.

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion
nice CSB!

and dawwwwm that Scirocco is clean!!