GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 08-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #15
steemax
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2016 Subaru WRX Stage 2 ProTune
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeli24 View Post
Why is revo your last choice? I haven't read anything negative about them.

I had Revo before my F23T and the tune was ok but the customer service was where things went down hill
Instagram: Steamax
steemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:50 PM   #16
Gu4rDi4N
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Golf VI R DSG
For Golf VI R DSG - Stock Turbo

Is not Eurodyne Base Tunes 1 and 2 a good idea?

I do not have a dealer nearby, on my island. But if I have the Eurodyne Flash Tool of my Ex Golf 1.8T GT30 Forged etc
Gu4rDi4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:39 AM   #17
Sauce118
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 VW GTI (6spd White)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTI13 View Post
I just had my k04 installed on my '13 GTI, and tuned it with Eurodyne. Seems like it's making more power than the APR equivalent, and it's UNBELIEVABLY smooth. I can drive in D, S, or M with no issues without a DSG tune and I don't see any drivability issues that are sometimes seen with APR. I came from
an APR stage 1. If the awesome drive-ability of K04 with Eurodyne is any guide, I would assume any stage with them is a great option.

EDIT: This is NOT a "custom" maestro tune. It is Eurodyne's k04 map.
Run me and see who wins. I donít know about stage 1 but Iíll put money that apr is a more aggressive file for stage 2 and k04. I have seen the files. Iíll run you 93oct with no meth (normally run DP WM 100oct E30 daily). APR 3.12 smokes Eurodyne in my experience. By about a car sometimes two. Eurodyne doesnít put as much time and money into their base files cuz they know everyone is going to customize them. Or at least most people who do ED use it for that. I have never even come close to losing to a eurodyne car and everyone has them out here in DC
2010 GTi 6mt: Candy White: CTS K04 W/APR v3.12: AQUAMIST HFS-4 v3.1 W/M Direct Port: Peloquin LSD: Wilwood BBK: CTS Downpipe: Beluga CatBack: ARM Motorsports FMIC: CTS CAI: CTS BOV Kit: RSR Clutch: CTS Charge Pipes: Fluidampr Pulley: Koni Coilovers: WALK Kit: SPM Full Mounts: DieselGeek SS w/ bushings: Eurosport Front & Rear Strut Bar: STERN Brace: HID's: 'R' Grill: Various Cosmetics GT3073 BUILD IN PROGRESS!!!
Sauce118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:41 AM   #18
Sauce118
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2010 VW GTI (6spd White)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
I would avoid Revo at all costs but thats just me Revo tune would be my last choice
Plus 1
2010 GTi 6mt: Candy White: CTS K04 W/APR v3.12: AQUAMIST HFS-4 v3.1 W/M Direct Port: Peloquin LSD: Wilwood BBK: CTS Downpipe: Beluga CatBack: ARM Motorsports FMIC: CTS CAI: CTS BOV Kit: RSR Clutch: CTS Charge Pipes: Fluidampr Pulley: Koni Coilovers: WALK Kit: SPM Full Mounts: DieselGeek SS w/ bushings: Eurosport Front & Rear Strut Bar: STERN Brace: HID's: 'R' Grill: Various Cosmetics GT3073 BUILD IN PROGRESS!!!
Sauce118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:42 AM   #19
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu4rDi4N View Post
For Golf VI R DSG - Stock Turbo

Is not Eurodyne Base Tunes 1 and 2 a good idea?

I do not have a dealer nearby, on my island. But if I have the Eurodyne Flash Tool of my Ex Golf 1.8T GT30 Forged etc
I mean yeah but if you are wanting to go that way. Check and see if COBB Access Port is compatible with your car and then you can get tuned over the internet by anyone in the wold..(same with eurodyne, but cobb is cheaper and you can sell the access port when you go to sell the car to make back some money)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #20
DaveGLI
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: Mk6 GLI Autobahn, B6 A4 2.0L 3076R
You'll find Eurodyne is VERY limited in what it is capable of and Tapp has little to no support for it..
Old 12-13-2017, 10:48 PM   #21
gdub09
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: GTI DSG
I just got Eurodyne (stage 2) and love it. I didn't really look at Cobb just because they introduced tuning for the MK6 about a year ago and their background is mostly Subaru and recently Ford. Not saying they aren't good but I felt more comfortable with a tuner that has more experience with the brand.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:05 AM   #22
GroceryGTIer
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 black Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdub09 View Post
I just got Eurodyne (stage 2) and love it. I didn't really look at Cobb just because they introduced tuning for the MK6 about a year ago and their background is mostly Subaru and recently Ford. Not saying they aren't good but I felt more comfortable with a tuner that has more experience with the brand.
Cobb? They have Mitsubishi, Mazda, Subaru, Nissan, BMW, etc.. they have boatloads more experience and 10 times better customer service.
GroceryGTIer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:00 AM   #23
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdub09 View Post
You use cobb for the AP and then you get the tune from your favorite tuner. Which most people on the forums are going with Stratified for over the internet tunes.
You can take it to any cobb dealer near you and be custom dyno tuned by them if wanted.
But that being said eurodynes tune is like 4 years old and hasnt been revised, which it may not need to be, but just because its older doesnt mean its better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroceryGTIer View Post
Cobb? They have Mitsubishi, Mazda, Subaru, Nissan, BMW, etc.. they have boatloads more experience and 10 times better customer service.
Agreed Cobb carries lots of brands with a lot of success, most people dont use cobbs off the shelf maps they instead have their tuner make a custom tune.
Quote:
Quote:
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:04 AM   #24
GroceryGTIer
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 black Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
You use cobb for the AP and then you get the tune from your favorite tuner. Which most people on the forums are going with Stratified for over the internet tunes.
You can take it to any cobb dealer near you and be custom dyno tuned by them if wanted.
But that being said eurodynes tune is like 4 years old and hasnt been revised, which it may not need to be, but just because its older doesnt mean its better.

Agreed Cobb carries lots of brands with a lot of success, most people dont use cobbs off the shelf maps they instead have their tuner make a custom tune.
Absolutely.
GroceryGTIer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:15 PM   #25
gdub09
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: GTI DSG
I get what you guys are saying, I went with Eurodyne because I found it was more convenient being able to tune from home rather than having to go to a shop to get things changed. I understand Cobb has done multiple brands but their biggest supporters seem to be ST & WRX owners. I'm not saying Cobb is bad or anything, I just went with what I thought was my best option in my opinion. Use whoever you like, at the end of the day you're more than likely going to be pleased with whoever you ended up using.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:41 AM   #26
zef
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGLI View Post
You'll find Eurodyne is VERY limited in what it is capable of
care to explain this? because my experience is 100% the opposite.

and btw the OTS maps for eurodyne are tuned for 91 octane, not 93...so obviously your 93 apr or whatever is going to have a slight advantage
'13 GTI CW 2 DR (DSG) - Eurodyne Stage 2/APR DSG Tune | APR Clutch Packs | WAVETRAC LSD | Cobb TBE | IE CAI | IE FDS IC | 034 CC | VWR Subframe Pucks | 034 SD Mounts | MSS SPRING KIT (learn more here) | 034 Pendulum Mount | Supaloy Control Arms | B6 Passat Front Spindles | Koni Yellows | RSE10 | more to come! Follow me on Instagram!: jg_gti
zef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:23 AM   #27
BudgetPhoenix
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 09 GLI
Eurodyne user here. I think the 91 oct base tunes dont make a lot of power compared to the other OTS tunes. I have 40+ passes at drag strip and my best run on both Stage 1 or Stage 2 was 14.1 @ 100mph and 2.2 60' on all-seasons. MKV GLI so a little heavier than a MK6. For some reason the Eurodyne Stage 1 OTS tune throws random underboost/overboost codes sometimes but ran fine but doesn't do it on Stage 2.
BudgetPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:16 AM   #28
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by zef View Post
care to explain this? because my experience is 100% the opposite.

and btw the OTS maps for eurodyne are tuned for 91 octane, not 93...so obviously your 93 apr or whatever is going to have a slight advantage
i remember reading something about Eurodyne having certain parameters not unlocked/cant be adjusted. Dunno if that's true, but maybe that's what they were referring to.
Quote:
Quote: