GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 11-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #43
deep.mit
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI 6MT 2dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsugray90 View Post
Thanks for the advice! I do try and shoot in RAW, I have 3 16gb sd cards to prevent running out of room. I do some filming with the camera too, so one of the cards is an 80mb/s card.

I typically only mess with the shutter speed, but I'll give AV and TV mode a try this weekend. Got a cheap tripod to help with long exposure shots, it actually functions well as a in car camera mount as well.

I have a copy of Photoshop CS6 on my computer leftover from school. I was supposed to delete it, but since I'm not using it to make any money, I'm sure no one cares, haha

Like I said before, I'll snap some pics this weekend and see how they come out. I'll probably push them your way to get some feedback too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh sure! Send over the RAW pics if you want. I will try and process them as well as I can

My Build Thread
Instagram
deep.mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:17 AM   #44
deep.mit
FIA GT Champion

eBay clutch stop

Just installed the eBay clutch-stop from Nelson. It works wonders for a $10 mod! Driving in traffic jams has become fatigue-free. That dead zone between the firewall and engagement point is gone. I didn't adjust it at all. Fit it as it is.

I highly recommend Nelson Kwong as a seller. USPS screwed up the first package he sent me. So, he simply sent out another one for me! For free

My Build Thread
Instagram

Last edited by deep.mit; 12-05-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:17 AM   #45
deep.mit
FIA GT Champion

The clutch stop:

My Build Thread
Instagram

Last edited by deep.mit; 07-20-2017 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:34 AM   #46
deep.mit
FIA GT Champion

On a drive @La Honda road:

Pic was taken by my gf with her Galaxy S3. Had to process the color out to eliminate some whitewash though.

My Build Thread
Instagram

Last edited by deep.mit; 07-20-2017 at 01:54 AM.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #47
deep.mit
FIA GT Champion

Dieselgeek Sigma 6

Finally got the DG SS installed!

I have ended up trying every possible combination of the shifter setup in the past, and I have not been happier

To be objective, the Neuspeed SS was pretty good along with the 42DD bushings. However, it still had the problem of slop after only 20 min of driving! Especially the 1st and 2nd gear become frustratingly soggy after a drive. On the upside, it retains the OEM feeling of gliding into gears by the virtue of being heavy.

Nevertheless, the DG SS has not been called as one of the best mods to the Mk6 without reason! I have the bracket bushings installed as well. This is the crispest, sharpest shift action I have ever used in any car. Period! Even after hours of driving, I deliberately launch from first gear after every stop

My Build Thread
Instagram
Old 12-07-2014, 10:23 PM   #48
BETO GLI
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: VW Golf GTI 35 AE MKVI
Sweet man! Congrats!
BETO GLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #49
ncsugray90
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2 door 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep.mit View Post
Finally got the DG SS installed!

I have ended up trying every possible combination of the shifter setup in the past, and I have not been happier

To be objective, the Neuspeed SS was pretty good along with the 42DD bushings. However, it still had the problem of slop after only 20 min of driving! Especially the 1st and 2nd gear become frustratingly soggy after a drive. On the upside, it retains the OEM feeling of gliding into gears by the virtue of being heavy.

Nevertheless, the DG SS has not been called as one of the best mods to the Mk6 without reason! I have the bracket bushings installed as well. This is the crispest, sharpest shift action I have ever used in any car. Period! Even after hours of driving, I deliberately launch from first gear after every stop

Did you have just shifter bushings or the bracket bushings as well? I'm looking to get the euro shifter cause I don't care for a much shorter throw, just hoping to eliminate slop

Old 12-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #50
deep.mit
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Did you have just shifter bushings or the bracket bushings as well? I'm looking to get the euro shifter cause I don't care for a much shorter throw, just hoping to eliminate slop

Hey, I had the full setup. 42DD shifter bushings and the bracket bushings from Verdict. They do a pretty good job of eliminating slop. However, the 1st and 2nd gears will be hard to find once the innards start getting warmer.

Dieselgeek is not only about the short throw believe me. If you haven't already invested in anything yet, go for the dieselgeek. You won't regret it. I took a long time to accept that

My Build Thread
Instagram
Old 12-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #51
ncsugray90
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Hey, I had the full setup. 42DD shifter bushings and the bracket bushings from Verdict. They do a pretty good job of eliminating slop. However, the 1st and 2nd gears will be hard to find once the innards start getting warmer.

Dieselgeek is not only about the short throw believe me. If you haven't already invested in anything yet, go for the dieselgeek. You won't regret it. I took a long time to accept that

I hear ya, just hard to justify almost 4x the price, haha. May just get the bushings first and see how that works first

Old 12-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #52
deep.mit
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
I hear ya, just hard to justify almost 4x the price, haha. May just get the bushings first and see how that works first

In that case, start with the bracket bushings. They will come into use with the DG SS as well

My Build Thread
Instagram
Old 12-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #53
ncsugray90
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
In that case, start with the bracket bushings. They will come into use with the DG SS as well

Old 12-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #54
deep.mit
FIA GT Champion

Goes to my wish list:
http://www.doubleapex.co/collections/mkvi-golf-gti

My Build Thread
Instagram
Old 12-19-2014, 12:12 AM   #55
deep.mit
FIA GT Champion

Finally bit the bullet and got myself these. I have underestimated these all along! Even for the tornado red, they completely change the personality of the car from posterior

Before someone asks, these are the Depo tails. Got it for a good deal from OPD. Perfect fit. No condensation through heavy rains. Happy!

My Build Thread
Instagram

Last edited by deep.mit; 07-20-2017 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:13 AM   #56
ncsugray90
FIA GT Champion

Deep's first car build!

Quote:
Finally bit the bullet and got myself these. I have underestimated these all along! Even for the tornado red, they completely change the personality of the car from posterior

Before someone asks, these are the Depo tails. Got it for a good deal from Dose. Perfect fit. No condensation through heavy rains. Happy!

Very nice! Got a few more things I want to get before I go with the tails, but they are def on the list