GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

U-20t's Build Part 2 - Uber MK6 - Big Turbo DSG 4 Motion Swap - Its about going fast

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Update: Was in OCMD all last week for H2Oi and had a great time but now its time to get busy. If anyone wants any of my for sale parts contact me ASAP, they are all now available for sale.

Also, while I was away a nice set of TyrolSport Dead set kits came in and they have definitely upped their game on the new version, I have the original one on the car now and the new ones are all set up with recessed portions for the bolt flange and for less flex.

The old ones were good, they do serve their purpose well but the new are a good improvement.

Keep those subframes in place to prevent noise but most of all keep the car in alignment always. And they even come with bolts!

Front and rear gen 2 AWD deadset kits. #GTI4motion

From Golf R to GTI, AWD conversion is pretty straightforward once you have all the hardware you need... It takes about 1 week of work, cost around $8,000 with all new hardware except the DSG which is second hand.

In China it's not uncommon now, I have seen a few already.. GTI is the most straightforward one compared to a jetta for example where the exhaust is really a pain due to the lack of space... The guys who did it had more trouble swoping the 2.0tsi with its ECU instead of the stock 1.8 tsi, ECU would go into limp mode..

Let me know if you encounter any prob I can always ask the garage who already did it 3 times in the past few month..

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
From Golf R to GTI, AWD conversion is pretty straightforward once you have all the hardware you need... It takes about 1 week of work, cost around $8,000 with all new hardware except the DSG which is second hand.

In China it's not uncommon now, I have seen a few already.. GTI is the most straightforward one compared to a jetta for example where the exhaust is really a pain due to the lack of space... The guys who did it had more trouble swoping the 2.0tsi with its ECU instead of the stock 1.8 tsi, ECU would go into limp mode..

Let me know if you encounter any prob I can always ask the garage who already did it 3 times in the past few month..

No way you can do it for 8k with new parts in the US, Driveshaft is $1200 alone and haldex is $2500+ plus all the other parts bolts, wiring, fuel pumps and tank, brackets, subframe and alot more, new fuel pumps (golf r both sides) without the tank $750. I have over that invested already and don't have everything, and all my parts are used (bolts are new and a few parts are).

It is relatively straight forward if you can wire, figure out the wiring, weld, figure out all the parts you need, and install them all. Also, AWD transmissions are different than FWD. Only AWD 02Q in the USA is a golf R. you could use an 02M but they are not as strong and you will need to find all matching gear for them.

Not to say they are not being done it is possible. but id say $12k+ if you are having a shop do all the work for you. Thats using your oem turbo setup too not a custom one.

This is not a dig at you either, this is just letting others reading this that it will cost them more than they may originally think, already blown my budget. If I get stuck at some point I'll let you know, Thanks!

No way you can do it for 8k with new parts in the US, Driveshaft is $1200 alone and haldex is $2500+ plus all the other parts bolts, wiring, fuel pumps and tank, brackets, subframe and alot more, new fuel pumps (golf r both sides) without the tank $750. I have over that invested already and don't have everything, and all my parts are used (bolts are new and a few parts are).

It is relatively straight forward if you can wire, figure out the wiring, weld, figure out all the parts you need, and install them all. Also, AWD transmissions are different than FWD. Only AWD 02Q in the USA is a golf R. you could use an 02M but they are not as strong and you will need to find all matching gear for them.

Not to say they are not being done it is possible. but id say $12k+ if you are having a shop do all the work for you. Thats using your oem turbo setup too not a custom one.

This is not a dig at you either, this is just letting others reading this that it will cost them more than they may originally think, already blown my budget. If I get stuck at some point I'll let you know, Thanks!

yes don't forget that the labor for a full week would be a lot more in US than in china...

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
yes don't forget that the labor for a full week would be a lot more in US than in china...

What's the cost per hour in china?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suspension-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4610557f13&vxp=mtr

This place might have more parts if you havent sourced everything yet. Talked to them a couple times about AWD swap. Cant wait to see it done.

Have everything I need for the rear, that does look fishy though since an mk4 haldex is nothing like an mk6. Also mk5 is different as well for the haldex. Milage matters too

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
I've been wanting to do a swap like this to my car for a long time but don't have the money for it. Glad to see somebody actually doing it :)

my11gti

Ready to race!
Sub'd. This shits gonna be sick.

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance
What's the cost per hour in china?

Have everything I need for the rear, that does look fishy though since an mk4 haldex is nothing like an mk6. Also mk5 is different as well for the haldex. Milage matters too

Eurospec is legit, thats where my setup is from. It looks fishy because there application listing is for ROW which they got the mk5 in '04 so makes it confusing on our end. They are new take offs from audi a3's I believe.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Should have some updates this weekend :D (I hope) hard to get stuff done when you have a 2 hours commute each way.

In anycase I will have photos of all the for sale parts shortly, take a look in my signature for some great deals, everything is now available (except sold stuff).

Last edited: