GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Marketplace > Vendor/Member Feedback Forum

Old 07-17-2015, 09:32 PM   #29
stevenchkim
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '10 CW 6M QT Hatch
DeAutokey

Got a pair of their license plate lights after a shoddy pair of meh no name LEDs burned out on one side. Shipping was fast, and after sorting out the bent prong issue, got them to work and was impressed by the light output. Ordered the whole interior set and the sidemarker pair. But $45 (with FB like discount) and $76 (with waterfest discount) is still a STIFF price to pay for some bulbs. Oh well, I know that none of the ebay sellers will stand by their stuff like these guys are supposed to so there's that.
CTS K04+APR v3.1|Neuspeed P-Flo|UR TBE|Neuspeed FMIC|DG Sigma6|TWM M1 Brnz|Eibach F&R Sways|GC Camber Plates|034 Eng&Trns mnts 50-d|EurosportACC Strut&Xbraces|UR under brace|ECS front end skid plate|KW V2|MFactory Helical LSD|SB S3 Endr|RB4045 BBK|Advan RS 17x8 ET47|HK V12 255/40/17|P3 Gauge|Depo Tails&5k HIDs|stud conversion 14x1.5 to 12x1.5+Raicer lug nutz|Raicer LEDs
<--Flickr
stevenchkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:37 PM   #30
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenchkim View Post
Got a pair of their license plate lights after a shoddy pair of meh no name LEDs burned out on one side. Shipping was fast, and after sorting out the bent prong issue, got them to work and was impressed by the light output. Ordered the whole interior set and the sidemarker pair. But $45 (with FB like discount) and $76 (with waterfest discount) is still a STIFF price to pay for some bulbs. Oh well, I know that none of the ebay sellers will stand by their stuff like these guys are supposed to so there's that.
Thanks for the feedback.

The prong issue was fixed so we are not sure why that happened, the problem was that the prongs in our old license plates design was the same thickness of the OEM, we manufactured thinner ones now. This eliminates any issues because they easily slide into the bigger adapters.

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:45 PM   #31
Baosa
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by deAutoKey View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

The prong issue was fixed so we are not sure why that happened, the problem was that the prongs in our old license plates design was the same thickness of the OEM, we manufactured thinner ones now. This eliminates any issues because they easily slide into the bigger adapters.
Really? The last few license plate LED housings I've received as replacements (the last replacements being received at the beginning of the month, thanks for that btw) they wouldn't slide easily into the bigger adapters...I did end up having to move the prongs a bit.
APR Stage 2 v2.4 | Golf R IC | Billy Boat DP | Neuspeed TBP/TOP | GFB DV+ | Fluidampr | Michelin PSS | RSR/ECS Bleeder Block | 034 Pendulum/Engine/Transmission Mounts | Vibra-technics Subframe | | TyrolSport Deadset F/R | SPM RSB/FSB | U.R. Mid Brace | KMD Lower Front/Rear Stress Bars |
Baosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:50 PM   #32
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baosa View Post
Really? The last few license plate LED housings I've received as replacements (the last replacements being received at the beginning of the month, thanks for that btw) they wouldn't slide easily into the bigger adapters...I did end up having to move the prongs a bit.
Yes, the smaller prongs normally easily line up, on our installs we have not seen the problem.

The problem is that the MK6 adapter is off-centered which caused the issue, the thinner adapters helped fix this problem by allowing them to line up without hitting any of the plastic.

If customers are still seeing this problem though, we will add a note about placing the adapters next to each other and lining up the prongs prior to install, this should help guide them better.

Thanks for the feedback

Old 11-24-2015, 01:25 AM   #33
Andrew429
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2-dr
bought the red footwell lights last week.... wow they are amazing, I have the brightness turned down to 50% and they are still bright, excellent product and service!
Old 11-28-2015, 09:59 PM   #34
MorePowah
Banned

Drives: 2013 vw GTI Wolfsburg
Ordered the h7 hid setup, works perfect, doesn't blind on coming, great choice for inexpensive hids. Love it. Gotta get the high beam and fogs now.
MorePowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:09 AM   #35
sticksabuser
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePowah View Post
Ordered the h7 hid setup, works perfect, doesn't blind on coming, great choice for inexpensive hids. Love it. Gotta get the high beam and fogs now.
Here's my DIY for you: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97330

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
APR Stg 1 v2.0, HS tuning RSR clutch, K&N Typhoon CAI, BFI Stg 1 engine mount, VWR Trans mount, Nuespeed dogbone insert, VWR Springs, Tylosport front brake bushings, Diesel Geek shifter, 42dd shifter bushings, 26mm Front & 22mm Rear H&R Sway bars, Whileline endlinks, Auto Headlight Conv kit, Black Euro tails, DeAutoKey HID/LED lows highs and fogs, White interior LEDs, LED side markers and turn sugnals, Blue Tint Aspherical Mirrors
sticksabuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:44 AM   #36
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew429 View Post
bought the red footwell lights last week.... wow they are amazing, I have the brightness turned down to 50% and they are still bright, excellent product and service!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePowah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticksabuser View Post
Here's my DIY for you: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97330

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Wow! Thank you everyone for this great feedback - sending these to the crew, they will be happy to read these, they work hard to bring great products and customer service so thanks again!

Last edited by deAutoLED.com; 12-10-2015 at 05:59 AM.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:08 PM   #37
CallmeGTI
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 VW cw 6spd gti
just ordered a full interior with led license plate, can't wait to get them!

Wheel Whore
Build Page
CallmeGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:05 PM   #38
johnboyGTI
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI w/ Sunroof and Nav
I agree with all of the positive feed back for deAUTOKey. I have installed their LED turn signals (front & rear) and a complete LED interior kit. Customer service is stellar and emails are responded to quickly. Quality of their parts is excellent, and LEDs are bright.
johnboyGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 03:44 PM   #39
CallmeGTI
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 VW cw 6spd gti
just got my package! install was a breeze. You can tell that the LEDs they sell are top notch and great quality. i would definitely recommend them.

Wheel Whore
Build Page
CallmeGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 05:36 AM   #40
GroceriesVR6
Autocross Champion

Drives: One bagged, One static
Very helpful and responsive company!
Unitronic Stage 2|Unitronic Intake|Unitronic Intercooler|Unitronic DV Relocate|Unitronic Stage 2 DSG|Double Apex Carbon Paddle Extensions|GFB DV+|APR catch can kit|034 Billet Aluminum Mounts| APR Billet Dogbone Mount|R8 Coilpacks|Unitronic Turboback|Air Lift Performance|Unibrace XBJ| Unibrace UB|KMD Upper & Lower Rear Braces|Passat Subframe Swap|WALK|Front & Rear Brembo BBK|Fluidampr|IE Forged Rods|Supertech Valve Springs|VMR V810s
GroceriesVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 04:10 PM   #41
Addicted2boost
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI
Most of my leds from them have burned out (footwells, license plate,etc). I have replaced them all with higher quality bulbs.
Addicted2boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:40 PM   #42
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeGTI View Post
just ordered a full interior with led license plate, can't wait to get them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyGTI View Post
I agree with all of the positive feed back for deAUTOKey. I have installed their LED turn signals (front & rear) and a complete LED interior kit. Customer service is stellar and emails are responded to quickly. Quality of their parts is excellent, and LEDs are bright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeGTI View Post
just got my package! install was a breeze. You can tell that the LEDs they sell are top notch and great quality. i would definitely recommend them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroceriesVR6 View Post
Very helpful and responsive company!
Thank you for the support, it means a lot for you to take the time to post this and what keeps our business and associates going!

We appreciate it, thank you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2boost View Post
Most of my leds from them have burned out (footwells, license plate,etc). I have replaced them all with higher quality bulbs.
We had no contact for replacement or info on your order so we cannot confirm or deny your claims or say what exactly went wrong here. But we have no reason to say you are lying so please let us address and help you here.

No electronics are immune to defects but our defect rate is very low, we believe in the reliability and quality of our LEDs and why we offer a lifetime warranty. We receive emails daily from people who have issues from OTHER LED companies and we always offer our time to help them regardless if they are our customer or not. We normally find ourselves helping people who didn’t even purchase our LEDs because the bigger companies are not replying or helping them correctly. We only mention this as the simple fact that no LED in the world is 100% immune to a problem arising.

But we can tell you MANY people have run our LEDs with no issues for many many years:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49713
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51266

There are a lot more but anyone can easily search to find them.

We are not here to argue as you can have your opinion but it doesn't mean our LEDs are low quality and we feel how a company helps you is what really matters the most here and why we are replying.

Thanks for reading and if anyone has questions please let us know.

You can contact our friendly staff who are virtually available 24/7:
http://deautokey.com/contact