GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2014, 08:32 AM   #15
12Mk6Gti
Rally Car Newbie
 
12Mk6Gti's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VW Gti Unitronic Stage 2 K04
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Quakertown
Posts: 263
Well from that link looks as if I should got to the dealer pick up a fuel filter and try that and see if that does any thing
12Mk6Gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:38 AM   #16
Ik1015
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
Drives: mk5 ug
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: va
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Mk6Gti View Post
Well from that link looks as if I should got to the dealer pick up a fuel filter and try that and see if that does any thing
See above new link...If fuel filter is problem, that is simple, but I have 6.6 bar filter and sometime have same issue.
Ik1015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:54 AM   #17
12Mk6Gti
Rally Car Newbie
 
12Mk6Gti's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VW Gti Unitronic Stage 2 K04
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Quakertown
Posts: 263
Well cars a 2012 with only 22k miles so I have not changed the fuel filter myself I'll have to get one
12Mk6Gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #18
12Mk6Gti
Rally Car Newbie
 
12Mk6Gti's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VW Gti Unitronic Stage 2 K04
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Quakertown
Posts: 263
Alright so today I bought the new filter from the dealer will be putting it on this weekend so we will see if it helps
12Mk6Gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #19
12Mk6Gti
Rally Car Newbie
 
12Mk6Gti's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VW Gti Unitronic Stage 2 K04
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Quakertown
Posts: 263
Put fuel filter on yesterday today it happened again back to the dealership see what they can do
12Mk6Gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:50 AM   #20
Ik1015
FIA World Rally Car Newbie
 
Drives: mk5 ug
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: va
Posts: 401
OP, any update.....
Ik1015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #21
12Mk6Gti
Rally Car Newbie
 
12Mk6Gti's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VW Gti Unitronic Stage 2 K04
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Quakertown
Posts: 263
Not yet I have been busy working don't have time during the week only have weekend hours to do anything with the car
12Mk6Gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #22
12Mk6Gti
Rally Car Newbie
 
12Mk6Gti's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VW Gti Unitronic Stage 2 K04
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Quakertown
Posts: 263
So new update was working in garage when it happen this time pulled a coil out and there's no fuel even after cranking it over a couple of times. I then tested the coil and I wasn't getting any spark either. Let the car sit a little bit then it fired right up put a plug in the coil while it was out and it sparks and started up


2012 Vw Gti DSG Unitronic stage 2 , k04 , CTS TBE , unitronic intercooler , Apr Cai
12Mk6Gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #23
mr.zeros
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: Mk6 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Mk6Gti View Post
So new update was working in garage when it happen this time pulled a coil out and there's no fuel even after cranking it over a couple of times. I then tested the coil and I wasn't getting any spark either. Let the car sit a little bit then it fired right up put a plug in the coil while it was out and it sparks and started up


2012 Vw Gti DSG Unitronic stage 2 , k04 , CTS TBE , unitronic intercooler , Apr Cai
How do you know that there is no fuel? IE did you pull the plugs and see no fuel? Did you disconnect the spark plug/coil pack wires (or something equivalent to prevent ignition)? What did you actually do?

In my experience, after the engine sits a bit and cools down more, it starts up properly. This is an issue that happens when the engine is not fully cold or hot---in the middle temperature range.
mr.zeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:12 AM   #24
thumpr
Autocross Champion
 
thumpr's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 CW GTI, '06 Passat
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 102
I'm going to be different and throw out another idea.

In the B6 generation Passats, there is a common problem with the key transponder ECU in the steering column. The ECU does not recognize the chip in the key and will not let the car start. You can turn the car over, but it will not start. You will not smell fuel because the ECU will not let the FP send fuel. It is a random problem and does not throw codes and for the most part is an undetectable issue. VW's fix for this is to replace the steering column and key ECU as it is one unit.

It wouldn't hurt to mention it to the dealer because this part usually runs about $1700, not sure about the GTI though.
__________________
2010 CW GTI 6MT | H&R Ultra Lows | SPM Custom Catback | Godspeed Catless Downpipe | Klutch Republik SL14 | DieselGeek Skid Plate | CTS Intake | CTS Catch Can | NewSouth Boost Gauge |
thumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #25
12Mk6Gti
Rally Car Newbie
 
12Mk6Gti's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VW Gti Unitronic Stage 2 K04
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Quakertown
Posts: 263
Alright so this is what I did noticed it wouldn't start so I pulled the plug looked in there was no fuel you couldn't smell any fuel either. Next I took the plug and put it back in so I could try to start it again. I only put the plug in and not the coil so I had all 4 coil plugged in but only 3 of the coils were attached to the plugs in the engine the 4th coil I had out with a new plug put in so I could test spark had the plug connected to ground with a wire with clips on either end. Tried starting noticed there was no spark. Decided there was nothing else that I could do as of right then so let the car sit about 10 min then car fired up still with the same set up I didn't change a thing saw the spark plug that was out in the coil sparking then shut car off. That's all I know as of now


2012 Vw Gti DSG Unitronic stage 2 , k04 , CTS TBE , unitronic intercooler , Apr Cai
12Mk6Gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:57 AM   #26
12Mk6Gti
Rally Car Newbie
 
12Mk6Gti's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VW Gti Unitronic Stage 2 K04
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Quakertown
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpr View Post
I'm going to be different and throw out another idea.

In the B6 generation Passats, there is a common problem with the key transponder ECU in the steering column. The ECU does not recognize the chip in the key and will not let the car start. You can turn the car over, but it will not start. You will not smell fuel because the ECU will not let the FP send fuel. It is a random problem and does not throw codes and for the most part is an undetectable issue. VW's fix for this is to replace the steering column and key ECU as it is one unit.

It wouldn't hurt to mention it to the dealer because this part usually runs about $1700, not sure about the GTI though.

The only problem with this is my dealer doesn't want to touch the car because I am tuned they will only touch the car if I take the time off and revert it back to stock


2012 Vw Gti DSG Unitronic stage 2 , k04 , CTS TBE , unitronic intercooler , Apr Cai
12Mk6Gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:13 PM   #27
mr.zeros
Oval Newbie
 
Drives: Mk6 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Mk6Gti View Post
Alright so this is what I did noticed it wouldn't start so I pulled the plug looked in there was no fuel you couldn't smell any fuel either. Next I took the plug and put it back in so I could try to start it again. I only put the plug in and not the coil so I had all 4 coil plugged in but only 3 of the coils were attached to the plugs in the engine the 4th coil I had out with a new plug put in so I could test spark had the plug connected to ground with a wire with clips on either end. Tried starting noticed there was no spark. Decided there was nothing else that I could do as of right then so let the car sit about 10 min then car fired up still with the same set up I didn't change a thing saw the spark plug that was out in the coil sparking then shut car off. That's all I know as of now


2012 Vw Gti DSG Unitronic stage 2 , k04 , CTS TBE , unitronic intercooler , Apr Cai
That's very interesting. if there's no spark and no fuel, what does that sound like? ==> ECU or maybe immobilizer.
mr.zeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #28
12Mk6Gti
Rally Car Newbie
 
12Mk6Gti's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 VW Gti Unitronic Stage 2 K04
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Quakertown
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.zeros View Post
That's very interesting. if there's no spark and no fuel, what does that sound like? ==> ECU or maybe immobilizer.
yea I hope that its not the ECU not in the mood to front out that much money. if it was immobilizer is there any way that I could find that out. is there anything on vcds that could tell me that it is active. I am going to revert my ecu back to stock tonight and see if I still have this starting issue if I don't have it then its something else but I will keep all posted on whats going on.
12Mk6Gti is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.