GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My CW Golf GTI build thread :D

koen

Passed Driver's Ed
hello all, my Scirocco R just arrived...let the mod begins
Comparing with GTI, much much quicker acceleration but turbo lag seems a bit more apparent, handling is superb and feels more planted than the Stock GTI, After installing PSS10 however, does make GTI a tad better than the R though as the R is sitting rather high, springs + swaybar set up should do the work perfectly!

Love the ACC / DCC? suspension as the comfort mode really does soften down the road for a great daily cruiser but it doesnt feel as direct as the traditional suspension on the GTI..but overall still a great great car, much better looks too :D

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is my CW golf GTI build thread! will update continuously!
First day it arrived, i changed the rims / tires immediately so no stock rim pics :iono:

Wheel - Volk Racing G2
Tires - Bridgestone Potenza RE-11

After 2 weeks, installed PSS10 Coilovers and VWR Engine mount!

Car handles much better after installing the coilovers, highly recommended!

2 days after installing the coilovers and LEM, its the Revozport carbon front lip!

2 days after the front lip, Supersprint Exhaust with Quad tips

A few clips of the exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxs5zq_fldk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDDEU3_luI

The car runs a lot smoother and sounds a bit louder only inside the cabin with windows up, but it sounds louder outside the cabin :D

Mod list -
Wheel / Tires - Volk Racing G2 w/ Bridgestone Potenza RE-11
Suspension -PSS10 Coilovers, Volkswagen Racing Lower Engine Mount
Cosmetics - Revozport Carbon Front Lip
Supersprint Catback with Quad tips

To-do list -
H&R Swaybars
AP Racing 4 Pot BBK
Forge Twintake
ECU Chip

Any comments / suggestions?
And sorry for some bad quality / different size pics! some were taken from my facebook / phone :D

Last edited:

koen

Passed Driver's Ed
here is some comparison for Stock, PSS10 installed and raise the front a bit to avoid scratching the lips

Stock

PSS10

raised up after installing lips

v3on

Ready to race!
how much is the lip? in HKD ...I may need to ask my dad to get it for me from HK lol

koen

Passed Driver's Ed
how much is the lip? in HKD ...I may need to ask my dad to get it for me from HK lol

its actually very long so i am not sure how your dad could get it but its around474USD, but i can ask for you :lol:i guess 3400-3600? I got a friend price so i cant tell you that!

Last edited:

falconeight1

Ready to race!
The lip looks really good, I am not feeling the wheels.

koen

Passed Driver's Ed
these rims looks much better in person than in pics, to each and their own, i like light weight rims on a light weight / compact car :D 17.8lbs and forged!

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
I like the rims, they flow well with the car.

And I really do like that lip, I just can't believe how expensive it is, I mean the whole RevoZPort front bumper is about a 100$ cheaper than this add on.

koen

Passed Driver's Ed
I like the rims, they flow well with the car.

And I really do like that lip, I just can't believe how expensive it is, I mean the whole RevoZPort front bumper is about a 100$ cheaper than this add on.

that revozport bumper does not include the carbon fiber lip, RaZor Front Bumper Adjustable Spoiler is also 474, but god i love the hood, i am thinking of getting the PFRP one for 731 as i am going to spray it white anyway :D

koen

Passed Driver's Ed
So how's the ride on those coilovers

definitely firmer but not to the point where it feels uncomfortable , the car handles A LOT better, much more confident in turns and it absorbs bumps rather well

i kinda regret installing the front lip as it hurts the feel of the car,i have to raise it up to avoid crushing it too soon, but i highly recommend these to anyone! probably the best mod to do for the GTI, i even install another set on my S5 the next day and it feels even more comfortable than the stock suspension and it drives much better too!