GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #57
bdegen94
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI
Look I am 20 and I really get the whole my first car thing, but you need to really think about how much your willing to put in your car. The damage is done the 9k that its gonna cost to fix is it really going to be worth it? Your young and there are a lot of other things you can put that money to, and still get another GTI, they give you the value of the car add a few grand get a new GTI. That also being said I personally do not think that they will Total the car, you will have no resale value but I doubt they will total it.
Drives 2016 White GTI S 6m/t: Deautokey LED| BMS JB1| Eds reps
Old 11-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #58
Gti_Vroom415
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 Candy White GTI MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtdi View Post
You have a 20k car... 25k is no different. You can't afford either
Do we have a problem man? You seem to have the feeling that its ok to talk the way you are right now? Whats up your butt bro?
Old 11-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #59
shdwblugti
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 2016 non DSGhey R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gti_Vroom415 View Post
My cars been in my garage for about a week now....

Im not taking it out... Im having people give me rides untill my dad figures out what to do with it. Prius plugin for the win!.... and also my dad TDI Cup edition jetta
Why can't you drive it?
I don't get it . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarcia1925 View Post
The elite and smart ones don't get fucked. Us plebeians do........... Thanks Obama!
Old 11-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #60
Gti_Vroom415

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdegen94 View Post
Look I am 20 and I really get the whole my first car thing, but you need to really think about how much your willing to put in your car. The damage is done the 9k that its gonna cost to fix is it really going to be worth it? Your young and there are a lot of other things you can put that money to, and still get another GTI, they give you the value of the car add a few grand get a new GTI. That also being said I personally do not think that they will Total the car, you will have no resale value but I doubt they will total it.
Yeah I feel what your saying, I do but I just dont feel that I can part with this car at the moment, haha I just got it!
Old 11-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #61
Gti_Vroom415

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwblugti View Post
Why can't you drive it?
I don't get it . . .
Oh I forgot to mention. My radiator is leaking also. I need to get it fixed through the dealer. Its certified pre-owned so the dealer is going to fix it some time this or next week. Sorry I didnt clarify before.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #62
bdegen94
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI
those college loans/bills will tell you to take the money lol
Drives 2016 White GTI S 6m/t: Deautokey LED| BMS JB1| Eds reps
Old 11-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #63
Gti_Vroom415

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdegen94 View Post
those college loans/bills will tell you to take the money lol

Lol good point
Old 11-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #64
jgarcia1925
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Gee-TEE-Eye
damn this sucks, people are horrible.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #65
TheCor
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
I live and work in NY but I work for an insurance company so I can clear this up a little -
It varies from state to state, but typically if the costs to repair a vehicle meet or exceed a certain percentage of the vehicles ACV (actual cash value) then by state regulation it must be declared a total loss. When a vehicle is totaled, you always have the option to keep it, however, the insurance company will deduct whatever they expect you could get for the salvage value from your final settlement. (This is because if they tool possession of the vehicle, they would be salvaging it and recouping that small amount.) The TL value is not based on KBB either, it is based on the similar vehicles in your local market (mileage, options, condition). Otherwise, they will offer you a settement, take possession of your vehicle and sell it for salvage.
Also, if you went directly to a shop for an estimate without insurance involvement at first, then the estimate is likely overinflated. This is because any shop is going to give you a worst case scenario estimate. The reason insurance company estimates are typically lower is because they write for the damage they can see upon initial inspection...then when the vehicle goes in for repairs, and additional damage is found or labor needed, a supplement estimate will be written and additional payment issued. It's not because they are low balling it. Insurance companies often have negotiated labor rates as well that someone coming off the street wouldn't be given.

It may be your first car, but a few years down the line when you are looking for a new one, you're not going to want to be selling your welding up car with a bad car fax. But if its not totaled, then you really don't have a choice anyway.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #66
shdwblugti
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 2016 non DSGhey R
Quote:
damn this sucks, people are horrible.
What would the jeebus do?
Quote:
The elite and smart ones don't get fucked. Us plebeians do........... Thanks Obama!
Old 11-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #67
jgarcia1925
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Gee-TEE-Eye
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwblugti View Post
What would the jeebus do?
Shank'th the Mofo who did this, thats what. i just dont get why people are like this now.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #68
theunholy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 GTI Black Wolfsburg DSG/K04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gti_Vroom415 View Post
Do we have a problem man? You seem to have the feeling that its ok to talk the way you are right now? Whats up your butt bro?
It's the forum thing, but anyway it doesn't matter if you can afford it or not. It's how you use the "money". They way I see it, if your car is totaled I will get the money and get something else get a mk7, used mk6....etc whatever.
I get it that this is your first car and you like to baby it, but look at the picture, if you plan to repair it like maxtdi it will hurt resale value, unless you plan to keep the car for life.
---APR K04 V3.1. APR Downpipe. Godspeed V2 intercooler. OZ Utraleggera. Stoptech ST40 BBK. Milltek Catback. Autotech Clubsport/DG springs. BSH 27mm RSB. WALK kit. 034 Billet Insert/motor/tran mount. AFE stage 2 intake. Unltronic DV relocation. OEM bi-xenon Conversion. Rear footwell. Depo LED tails. OEM euro front lip. Ebay fender flares.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #69
Gti_Vroom415

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCor View Post
I live and work in NY but I work for an insurance company so I can clear this up a little -
It varies from state to state, but typically if the costs to repair a vehicle meet or exceed a certain percentage of the vehicles ACV (actual cash value) then by state regulation it must be declared a total loss. When a vehicle is totaled, you always have the option to keep it, however, the insurance company will deduct whatever they expect you could get for the salvage value from your final settlement. (This is because if they tool possession of the vehicle, they would be salvaging it and recouping that small amount.) The TL value is not based on KBB either, it is based on the similar vehicles in your local market (mileage, options, condition). Otherwise, they will offer you a settement, take possession of your vehicle and sell it for salvage.
Also, if you went directly to a shop for an estimate without insurance involvement at first, then the estimate is likely overinflated. This is because any shop is going to give you a worst case scenario estimate. The reason insurance company estimates are typically lower is because they write for the damage they can see upon initial inspection...then when the vehicle goes in for repairs, and additional damage is found or labor needed, a supplement estimate will be written and additional payment issued. It's not because they are low balling it. Insurance companies often have negotiated labor rates as well that someone coming off the street wouldn't be given.

It may be your first car, but a few years down the line when you are looking for a new one, you're not going to want to be selling your welding up car with a bad car fax. But if its not totaled, then you really don't have a choice anyway.
Now you see, finally something helpful... Thank You
Old 11-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #70
Gti_Vroom415

Quote:
Shank'th the Mofo who did this, thats what. i just dont get why people are like this now.

They are fuck faces that's why... Just cuz they have nothing better to do

Closed Thread