GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2014, 11:30 PM   #15
GreasyGinzo
Formula 2 Driver
 
GreasyGinzo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTX2867 GTi Autobahn 6mt
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 5,608
Quote:
Originally Posted by marxan View Post
I'm sure hardware is not the problem, it probably could be out already... They should release the kit without software, med 17 is way more complicated than others ECUs and it will take them ages to figure it to finally have a tune that's probably not even that great..
I know
__________________
Build Thread / Life Story
GreasyGinzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:45 PM   #16
erball
FIA GT Newbie
 
erball's Avatar
 
Drives: Rolling burnouts
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Bend
Posts: 810
All I care about is auxiliary fuel injector ports on the intake manifold. Having proper fueling support will be grand.
__________________
Big Turbo Build Thread.
erball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #17
molo
Drag Racing Champion
 
Drives: Jetta GLI 2012
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mexico
Posts: 59
Are those top mounts for meth injection or fuel injectors?
molo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 07:16 AM   #18
Krog29
Rally Car Champion
 
Krog29's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 UG GTI/DSG
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 341
__________________
11' UG DSG GTI// IE stage 2, IE intake, Arm catted downpipe, GFB DV+, Neuspeed TOP and Discharge, 034 Dogbone Insert//Future:
Krog29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #19
ViRtUaLheretic
FIA GT Champion
 
ViRtUaLheretic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: KC, MO
Posts: 1,053
So im drawing a blank, where does the rear breather adapter mount to on the TSI engine?
__________________
::APR stage2::BSH - Intake,Mounts,TB Pipe,RSB::Eurojet Ceramic Coated TBE::Phoenix Rising - FMIC::
::Devils Own DVC-30 5xDO1::Neuspeed ::Whiteline::BC Racing - BR coils::OSIR::HPA-DSG::INA::
::Flik FTDs::245x40x17::Unibrace::Bildon::Porsche 17z BBK::Hawk - HPS::034::Tyrolsport::
Read this for TSI INFO/FAQ
ViRtUaLheretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #20
Tyler@IE
 
Tyler@IE's Avatar
 
Drives: B6 Audi A4 / B7 Audi A4 / MK1 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by marxan View Post
Intake manifold doesn't make any difference, few people have already posted about it... It's not restrictive like for the FSI engines... Sure it looks great, especially with the holes ready for m but that's an expensive part for just the look
That may be true for the other products on the market, but we have shown very good gains even on aggressive K03 and K04 setups with our design. Larger turbos of course take much more advantage of the manifold. Proper resonance tuning and runner shapes coupled with flow tuned velocity stacks and plenum volume/shape goes a long way. We did not rush this product to the market, even though the demand has been incredibly high to ensure it was an actual performance piece. We have been developing the highest performing intake manifolds on the market for quite some time now. We are compiling all the engine and chassis dyno data now to release with the pre-sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
So the TSI turbo kit is only on the drawing board? Meaning what exactly? Are you guys still working out if it is feasable and/or doable? It is my opinion that you guys would sell a hell of a lot more TSI turbo kits (especially using the EFR turbos) then FSI kits since the market is flooded with FSI BT kits and most of the Golf Rs interested in a turbo kit are already APR stage 3. IMO it is the TSI market that is looking for a packaged BT kit with software that makes decent to big power since the only other option is APR and we know how dissapointing those kits are.
Hardware. The hardware is very similar for both cars, but the TSI kit requires a few different cast intake and charge piping, silicone, downpipe, and a few other odds and ends. The casting process is the longest wait for the whole turbo kit, but it is in the works now and we are pushing to release it quickly after the Golf R kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxan View Post
I'm sure hardware is not the problem, it probably could be out already... They should release the kit without software, med 17 is way more complicated than others ECUs and it will take them ages to figure it to finally have a tune that's probably not even that great..
Actually as posted above it really is just the wait for hardware on these. We have great success in tuning these ECU's, only real road block with the software side is not tuning it, but delivering it without having every customer mail in an ECU for bench flashing on MED17 platforms. However, we are now working out what we need to deliver these via port flashing.

We have been tuning up to 5 local VW and Audi TSI cars a day for Stage 1 - 2 tunes for months now for verification all the different ECU codes. Our tunes are holding their own against any other.

Here are early TSI tune revisions (we are at 4500 feet here, not sea level).



All of our 2.0T Stage 1-2 tunes are about to go for sale soon as well. We are actually planning a trip very soon to take our EFR kits through a long road trip through high elevation mountains, hot desert, heavy traffic, and sea level through California to show how well our tuning will perform in any area. We will have lots of video, photos, and data for that.

So please, don't worry about software. Cracking MED17 was absolutely no issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
All I care about is auxiliary fuel injector ports on the intake manifold. Having proper fueling support will be grand.
All the manifolds will come designed with plenty of room for fuel injectors, and will be delivered with tapped 1/8" NPT threads for water meth injectors. For those few really pushing the boundaries of fueling that want manifold injection, we left a lot of room for injector ports to machined in by any machine shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molo View Post
Are those top mounts for meth injection or fuel injectors?
They will come tapped for methanol, with plugs in them for those running either. For those few customers who want manifold injectors, there is plenty of room to have bungs machined in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViRtUaLheretic View Post
So im drawing a blank, where does the rear breather adapter mount to on the TSI engine?
It replaces the rear breather on the back of Garret turbos. However if you are using the valve cover breather plate to setup a catch can, you do not need that piece. Only those running the early single outlet breather plates would need this piece.

Last edited by Tyler@IE; 11-13-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Tyler@IE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #21
ViRtUaLheretic
FIA GT Champion
 
ViRtUaLheretic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: KC, MO
Posts: 1,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler@IE View Post
It replaces the rear breather on the back of Garret turbos. However if you are using the valve cover breather plate to setup a catch can, you do not need that piece. Only those running the early single outlet breather plates would need this piece.
Im still confused, the valve cover breather plate adds two AN ports on the front to mount to a catch can and eliminates the tube that goes to the intake manifold. From the pictures you posted of yoru breather plate your design is the same as IE/034 and reuses the same rear pcv port that reuses the stock tube that connects to the air intake intake pre-turbo.
Can you post a picture of where the breather plate goes? That would help a lot. Thanks
__________________
::APR stage2::BSH - Intake,Mounts,TB Pipe,RSB::Eurojet Ceramic Coated TBE::Phoenix Rising - FMIC::
::Devils Own DVC-30 5xDO1::Neuspeed ::Whiteline::BC Racing - BR coils::OSIR::HPA-DSG::INA::
::Flik FTDs::245x40x17::Unibrace::Bildon::Porsche 17z BBK::Hawk - HPS::034::Tyrolsport::
Read this for TSI INFO/FAQ
ViRtUaLheretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #22
Tyler@IE
 
Tyler@IE's Avatar
 
Drives: B6 Audi A4 / B7 Audi A4 / MK1 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViRtUaLheretic View Post
Im still confused, the valve cover breather plate adds two AN ports on the front to mount to a catch can and eliminates the tube that goes to the intake manifold. From the pictures you posted of yoru breather plate your design is the same as IE/034 and reuses the same rear pcv port that reuses the stock tube that connects to the air intake intake pre-turbo.
Can you post a picture of where the breather plate goes? That would help a lot. Thanks
You are correct, on our plate or other designed like it, you do not use the rear breather plate and have zero reason to do so. On older plates that have one breather port, no revision for the rear breather port, or custom setups that may not have plate with that revision then you would need the rear breather block-off or adapter plate. If you are using the new style plate, there is no reason for the rear breather plates.
Tyler@IE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:06 AM   #23
kthor703
FIA GT Champion
 
kthor703's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2Dr GTI CSG Manual
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 1,110
Tyler, I lost the retaining clip that secures the IE boost tap to the intake manifold. Do you know where I can get a replacement?
__________________
APR K04, APR Turboback, APR Intake (S1), R Tails, EuroSwitch, Newsouth Boost Gauge, DieselGeek SS Kit,
Southbend Stage 3 Daily (2013), GLOC GS-1 Street and R12/R8 Track Brakes, OZ Ultraleggera in Silver on Hankook RS-4, Raceseng Slammer Machined Shift Knob
kthor703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:26 AM   #24
kern417
Formula 2 Driver
 
Drives: '09 Jetta
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 6,672
sub'd.
__________________
do a burnout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTI13 View Post
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.
kern417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #25
Tyler@IE
 
Tyler@IE's Avatar
 
Drives: B6 Audi A4 / B7 Audi A4 / MK1 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthor703 View Post
Tyler, I lost the retaining clip that secures the IE boost tap to the intake manifold. Do you know where I can get a replacement?
Give us a call or email, we can get a replacement out to you. (801)484-2021 / sales@performancebyie.com
Tyler@IE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:18 PM   #26
kern417
Formula 2 Driver
 
Drives: '09 Jetta
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 6,672
any ideas on when the manifolds will be released and pricing? before i go and throw all my saved up money at other parts that are on sale for black friday, and then you end up initiating a presale on monday or something. i just want to know if it'll be this year or if it's more likely a couple months out.
__________________
do a burnout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTI13 View Post
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.
kern417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 01:58 AM   #27
Tyler@IE
 
Tyler@IE's Avatar
 
Drives: B6 Audi A4 / B7 Audi A4 / MK1 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
any ideas on when the manifolds will be released and pricing? before i go and throw all my saved up money at other parts that are on sale for black friday, and then you end up initiating a presale on monday or something. i just want to know if it'll be this year or if it's more likely a couple months out.
It is very close, we are pushing to have the pre-sale ready before Christmas.
__________________
PERFORMANCE BY IE

PERFORMANCE HARDWARE - ECU TUNES - RACE ENGINES

LIVE FAST, BUY FUN
Tyler@IE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 02:35 AM   #28
kern417
Formula 2 Driver
 
Drives: '09 Jetta
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 6,672
welp, guess i'll put some change on the side then. thanks for the heads up.
__________________
do a burnout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTI13 View Post
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.
kern417 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.