GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 11-28-2014, 03:12 AM   #29
Tyler@IE

Drives: B6 Audi A4 / B7 Audi A4 / MK1 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
welp, guess i'll put some change on the side then. thanks for the heads up.
You got it!

PERFORMANCE HARDWARE - ECU TUNES - RACE ENGINES

LIVE FAST, BUY FUN
Tyler@IE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:23 PM   #30
Tyler@IE

Here is a small video put together about some of the development behind our 2.0T MK5/MK6/Golf R FDS performance intercoolers. Also, some lovely sound from our IE450T turbo kit development Golf R driving the local canyons.

See more HERE.

LIVE FAST, BUY FUN
Old 12-12-2014, 04:59 AM   #31
kthor703
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 2Dr GTI CSG Manual
Any updates on the mk6 GTI tunes? Timeline? Are you planning on addressing things such as rev hang and making the throttle pedal more linear?
Old 12-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #32
Tyler@IE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthor703 View Post
Any updates on the mk6 GTI tunes? Timeline? Are you planning on addressing things such as rev hang and making the throttle pedal more linear?
Absolutely, both of those issues have been covered in our running MK6 stage 1 & 2 tunes. We recently took our Golf R IE450T development car and our IE stage 2 tuned MK6 DSG car on a 2100 mile 4 day trip through the mountains, desert, sea level coast, and array of climate and altitude conditions for over-all hardware and tune testing in any area. Both cars performed incredible with zero issues and made the long trip a real blast. I personally drove our Stage 2 MK6 for the majority of the trip, it was incredibly fun through the red wood lined twisty roads of Lake Tahoe, through the canyons, and along the Pacific coast highway. At the same time it was easy and comfortable to drive through busy streets in San Francisco and Las Vegas. No hiccups, plenty of power in any gear, very responsive, and the torque would break the snow tires loose in pretty much any gear below 5th. We have a ton of local customer cars running our Stage 1 & 2 tunes here in SLC, and we are getting ready to roll out flashing options nation wide here as soon as possible.

LIVE FAST, BUY FUN
Old 12-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #33
kthor703
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler@IE View Post
Absolutely, both of those issues have been covered in our running MK6 stage 1 & 2 tunes. We recently took our Golf R IE450T development car and our IE stage 2 tuned MK6 DSG car on a 2100 mile 4 day trip through the mountains, desert, sea level coast, and array of climate and altitude conditions for over-all hardware and tune testing in any area. Both cars performed incredible with zero issues and made the long trip a real blast. I personally drove our Stage 2 MK6 for the majority of the trip, it was incredibly fun through the red wood lined twisty roads of Lake Tahoe, through the canyons, and along the Pacific coast highway. At the same time it was easy and comfortable to drive through busy streets in San Francisco and Las Vegas. No hiccups, plenty of power in any gear, very responsive, and the torque would break the snow tires loose in pretty much any gear below 5th. We have a ton of local customer cars running our Stage 1 & 2 tunes here in SLC, and we are getting ready to roll out flashing options nation wide here as soon as possible.
Awesome, I look forward to the release nationwide. Do you have any data/graphs available now?
Old 12-12-2014, 08:12 PM   #34
Tyler@IE

Yeah sure, this is an early TSI tune revision I posted on the previous page. (we are at 4500 feet here, not sea level).

LIVE FAST, BUY FUN
Old 12-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #35
kthor703
FIA GT Champion

Gotcha. Thanks! Any stage two plots? Thinking of switching tunes eventually. Will you have something to switch profiles from stock like tubes and 100 octane etc? Do you know how far out you are from offering it throughout the US?
Old 12-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #36
Tyler@IE

Quote:
Gotcha. Thanks! Any stage two plots? Thinking of switching tunes eventually. Will you have something to switch profiles from stock like tubes and 100 octane etc? Do you know how far out you are from offering it throughout the US?
I have posted a stage 2 dyno somewhere, although it is very old now and our newest revisions blow it out of the water. We have been working with a few options on switching files lately, so yes. We will know more very soon on full release, it is not far away.

LIVE FAST, BUY FUN
Old 12-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #37
kthor703
FIA GT Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler@IE View Post
I have posted a stage 2 dyno somewhere, although it is very old now and our newest revisions blow it out of the water. We have been working with a few options on switching files lately, so yes. We will know more very soon on full release, it is not far away.
Awesome. Thank you for the information! Looking forward to the release. I also just received my FDS Intercooler. Can't wait to install it soon!
Old 12-15-2014, 05:49 PM   #38
Tyler@IE

Quote:
Awesome. Thank you for the information! Looking forward to the release. I also just received my FDS Intercooler. Can't wait to install it soon!
Very cool, let us know your thoughts and thanks for the order!

LIVE FAST, BUY FUN
Old 12-23-2014, 01:44 PM   #39
Tyler@IE

Everyone waiting to see the performance cast intake manifolds for 2.0T FSI/TSI we have posted a small pre-release teaser on our Facebook page of a final casting. Head on over to www.facebook.com/inteng to check it out. Also we have promised to post more photos of the casting for Christmas.

LIVE FAST, BUY FUN
Old 12-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #40
kern417
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: '09 Jetta
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.
kern417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #41
Tyler@IE

Here are the very first photos of the IE performance cast intake manifolds for all 2.0T FSI/TSI (EA113 EA888 Gen 1/2) engines. These photos are of our cast sample, the final manufactured pieces will change slightly from pictured. We are working out the details of our pre-sale now, and will have that available early 2015! Thanks for your patience as we have developed this exciting product over the last couple of years, it has been a lot of work to manufacture these correctly that delivers both performance and a good fit. I'm excited to see and show you guys the first final manifolds when they come in, it's going to be an absolutely gorgeous piece.

LIVE FAST, BUY FUN
Old 12-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #42
erball
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: Rolling burnouts
Oh god yes.