GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 01-08-2015, 09:19 AM   #57
WalkerT
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
What about the intake flapper components? Does this require a tune to eliminate the CEL?
MK6 VW Driver's Group@Facebook 2012 GTI DSG Unitronics stg2, Billy boat 3" DP, IE intake, CTS 3" catback, D088 Intercooler, BFI stg1 engine mounts, O.Z. 18x8 Alleggerita, Charge pipe, up pipe, NS vent boost gauge, BFI DSG shifter, H&R suspension, H&R adjustable rear sway 24mm, R8 coils
WalkerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:16 PM   #58
Tyler@IE

Drives: B6 Audi A4 / B7 Audi A4 / MK1 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerT View Post
What about the intake flapper components? Does this require a tune to eliminate the CEL?
These do not use intake manifold flappers, the manifold performance gains in testing were much better without them. Yes, you will need to have the flappers tuned out to eliminate the CEL. We will be rolling out our own manifold software after the initial release.

PERFORMANCE HARDWARE - ECU TUNES - RACE ENGINES

LIVE FAST, BUY FUN
Tyler@IE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:43 PM   #59
Thiago Brandão
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Jetta Highline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler@IE View Post
These do not use intake manifold flappers, the manifold performance gains in testing were much better without them. Yes, you will need to have the flappers tuned out to eliminate the CEL. We will be rolling out our own manifold software after the initial release.
Let me get this right...

IE is going to provide softwares? Like a K04 software using your manifold?
Thiago Brandão is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 03:01 PM   #60
shdwblugti
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 2016 non DSGhey R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_75 View Post
I really wish you guys would consider leaving the castings in machine finish or at least have it be an option.
Quote:
We may still, it is not set in stone yet. They are not a machine finish, but a raw casting. Do keep in mind the raw castings do stain very easily, finger prints, tools, even water on a hot manifold will stain. And the porous casting is not easy to clean. This is one big reason to sell them coated, as the product ends up looking very nice for a very, very long time.
would a chrome/polished powder coating finish be a possible option?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarcia1925 View Post
The elite and smart ones don't get fucked. Us plebeians do........... Thanks Obama!
shdwblugti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 03:52 PM   #61
songyun
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 MK6 GTI
anyone use this IE Billet Diverter Valve ? is this just direct put on the dv . like the forge adapter ? what does it sound ?
Old 01-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #62
kthor703
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 2Dr GTI CSG Manual
Just got done installing an IE intercooler on my buddies mk6 last night. Everything fit and lined up correctly with no fuss. Car feels great. Look forward to installing mine soon too!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:44 PM   #63
Tyler@IE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthor703 View Post
Just got done installing an IE intercooler on my buddies mk6 last night. Everything fit and lined up correctly with no fuss. Car feels great. Look forward to installing mine soon too!
Very glad to hear you are happy with the install!
Old 01-12-2015, 02:05 PM   #64
Tyler@IE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiago Brandão View Post
Let me get this right...

IE is going to provide softwares? Like a K04 software using your manifold?
Yes sir, we have been working on software for some time now and we are now working on the best options for mass delivery of the software now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwblugti View Post
would a chrome/polished powder coating finish be a possible option?
Typically a chrome or polished finish is not achieved through powdercoat. The raw casting would be sanded using multiple stages of sanding wheels starting at a very rough grit and working its way down to as low as 2000 grit. After the surface finish is completely smooth it would then receive many, many stages of buffing compounds to arrive at a mirror finish.

No, this will not be an option from us. The time involved to do this work would take days on each manifold, the time cost alone would price them out of the market. If you want a polished manifold, and it is possible you will have to do what other customers have done with our manifolds from other platforms and either polish it yourself or have it professionally done. It will be a serious amount of work on this piece if you do decide to venture down that road.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:10 PM   #65
xHeartcoreboyx
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '10 CW 2DR GTI DSG
I am a bit confused, what's the point of the top plate instead of being a solid piece?

Ease of cleaning the valves? Possibly custom water meth injectors mounting?

Very curious if this would give gains with a standard tune?

Promising product indeed.

xHeartcoreboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:50 PM   #66
kern417
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: '09 Jetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by xHeartcoreboyx View Post
I am a bit confused, what's the point of the top plate instead of being a solid piece?

Ease of cleaning the valves? Possibly custom water meth injectors mounting?

it's for manufacturing.
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.
kern417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:14 PM   #67
Tyler@IE

Quote:
Quote:
The casting for this manifold is quite a bit more complicated than our others. The top plate is of no use once cast really, there was no way for the machines to access the inside of the plenum to clean up the castings with this design. We could have made design revisions to make that easier and cheaper, but that would remove a fair amount of performance. The access panel is there to allow proper removal of the casting plugs and irregularities inside the plenum and velocity stacks. The final manifolds will have a very nice CNC billet plate installed, these will look very nice and maybe even allow for different color options for a more personalized look in your engine bay.

Quote:
Possibly custom water meth injectors mounting?
The manifolds are shipped with water meth bungs already machined into each runner with 1/8"NPT threads. For those not using them, they have plugs installed.

Quote:
Most gains will be seen with a minimum of a K04 turbocharger, the larger the turbo the better the gains will be.

Quote:
Thank you!
Old 01-12-2015, 07:59 PM   #68
Tyler@IE

Here is a photo of our billet top plates being manufactured today after the first run in our CNC facility.

And here is a render of a few of the possible finishes for these plates.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:14 PM   #69
WalkerT
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
One word Quality. Love the hard work and one of these is on my list!
MK6 VW Driver's Group@Facebook 2012 GTI DSG Unitronics stg2, Billy boat 3" DP, IE intake, CTS 3" catback, D088 Intercooler, BFI stg1 engine mounts, O.Z. 18x8 Alleggerita, Charge pipe, up pipe, NS vent boost gauge, BFI DSG shifter, H&R suspension, H&R adjustable rear sway 24mm, R8 coils
WalkerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 12:55 AM   #70
mostic
Rally Car Champion

Drives: VW
I am still waiting the pre-sale go live, when is it expected? We are now in mid of Jan and I want this manifold
mostic is offline   Reply With Quote