GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need some serious help!!!!

hauluck

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm freaking out at this point cause I have no idea what's wrong with my car. Il admit I'm not the greatest with diagnosing issues. I had a cel come on this morning. My car is not idling at all properly, and it's making this weird high pitched whistling sound. It's a 2010 gti with 75000km (roughly 45000mi). Giac stage 2.

Any help please!

https://youtu.be/xPGxUUL8S-w - whistling sound
https://youtu.be/VY6hanjQrPE - rpm issue

I'm not in gear or anything and it's revving on its own.

These are the codes that it's throwing
P0507 - idle control system rpm higher than expected
P0300 - random cylinder misfire
P0030 - ho2s heater control circuit bank 1 sensor 1
P0121 - throttle position sensor/switch a circuit range/performance problem

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Intake manifold possibly? The flappers? But I think you would have a code for the manifold itself.

hauluck

Passed Driver's Ed
Could it possibly be a failed pcv? I spent like an hour looking on sites and it seems like it's a failed pcv. Rough idle, misfires, whistling sound and throwing codes that are related to that

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Could it possibly be a failed pcv? I spent like an hour looking on sites and it seems like it's a failed pcv. Rough idle, misfires, whistling sound and throwing codes that are related to that

To test if it's the pcv, you can pull the oil dipstick or remove the oil cap with the engine running. If there is no change then it's probably the pcv. With a proper functioning pcv, the car would run really rough when either the dipstick or oil cap are removed. You can also use a large piece of paper towel and rest it flat over the oil fill hole. It should be sucked toward the opening with a properly functioning pcv.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Intake manifold possibly? The flappers? But I think you would have a code for the manifold itself.

No. The IM code is P2015.

Calkulin

Ready to race!

The failed PCV on my sisters Tiguan sounded like that, almost like a squealing belt