GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 07-19-2016, 06:15 PM   #407
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '13 MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trytun View Post
Coming home from dinner and an HHR SS pulls right up on my ass and tailgates me for a good 1/2 mile. The road widens to two lanes at the next stop light and she pulls next to me and starts revving and I see its this middle aged lady. She guns it and I walked her pretty hard and I just let off the gas, she flys by means just continues down the road. She must of been in a hurry. Her HHR did have a pretty sweet exhaust tone though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been dying to get revenge on one, but I never see them around here. I had one walk me when I had my Jetta 2.5, didn't realize what I was up against
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
syonxwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:37 PM   #408
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 13 CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by syonxwf View Post
I've been dying to get revenge on one, but I never see them around here. I had one walk me when I had my Jetta 2.5, didn't realize what I was up against

Yeah, it was pretty quick - I definitely wasn't expecting that.

Unitronic Stage 2/Unitronic Stage 1 DSG Tune/APR Downpipe/Neuspeed Catback/Miro Shit Wheels/30% all around/Solo Werks S1 Coilovers/TTRS Strut Mounts/Unitronic Intake/Unitronic Intercooler/Soundaktor Delete/GFB DV+/R8 Coils/Spulen Discharge Pipe/Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete/034 Motorsports Billet Insert/034 Motorsports Street Density Motor and Trans Mounts/ECS Tuning Rear Sway Bar THE BUILD THREAD
Trytun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:19 PM   #409
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trytun View Post
Yeah, it was pretty quick - I definitely wasn't expecting that.

I just read an article on one, I've never read much about them, but it is pretty quick stock. It's as fast as a stock Mk6 GTI to 60, and traps higher than a stock GTI, and it's not as heavy as I thought, weighs under 3300lbs...260hp/260tq, all of this with manual trans, the automatic is just god awful and not worth noting.
Tuned they're beast too, watched a video of a trifecta tuned one holding even with a stock '14 5.0...
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
Old 07-21-2016, 03:12 PM   #410
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
Damn was finally able to pull on my buddy's 370Z Nismo last night! I think the dsg tune, a fresh oil change, and stage 2 intake pipe might've been what helped up top or something. I definitely need an Intercooler upgrade to go back to back

Eurodyne stage 2 tune|Autotech dogbone insert|FK street lines coilovers|Rev D dv|Manzo eBay Dp|custom 3" catback|P-flo intake|R8 coils
SELA_MK6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 06:19 AM   #411
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
On the way to work this morning, I caught up with the douchebag and his '91 Acura NSX. Every morning, he's been riding my tail when I'm driving my other car (stock '00 Integra). He tried a few times to do a ricer flyby but couldn't even pass me. Finally, I slowed down and he comes besides me and stares. LOL. haha...IDIOT, I swear. I guess he will have some lame story to tell his coworker's when he gets to his shop. Car has dealer tags by the way.

Acura NSX smoked ...... CHECK
Old 07-27-2016, 04:57 AM   #412
Edy.Ct
Oval Champion

Drives: REVO Stage 2+ GTI Edition 35
Got walked by a M235i

I let off the gas for a moment because of the car in front

Mods on the GTI (stock EA113 w/ K04, DSG):
Revo Stage 2 tune
3" catted downpipe; stock catback
EvoMS V-Flow intake
KWE Intercooler (70mm inlet/outlet)

M235i said he was stock; ZF8 gearbox

5 people in the GTI, 3 in the M235i
With only the drivers in the cars the result probably would have been different
Edy.Ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:56 AM   #413
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
^^^
in case you aren't aware....this thread is for cars with Stage 2 tune, not K04 upgrade.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:20 AM   #414
Edy.Ct
Oval Champion

Drives: REVO Stage 2+ GTI Edition 35
The GTI Edition 35 comes stock from the factory with the K04 turbo; so it's basically a FWD Golf R...
Noted, I won't post anymore

Last edited by Edy.Ct; 07-27-2016 at 09:15 AM.
Edy.Ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:27 AM   #415
zrickety
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edy.Ct View Post
The GTI Edition 35 comes stock from the factory with the K04 turbo; so it's basically a FWD Golf R...
I learned something, thanks for sharing. Is there a dedicated K04 thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:28 AM   #416
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Quote:
You're fine, it's a GTI, it's stage 2, you have it noted in the description under that video that it's K04 from the factory, keep posting IMO.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:29 AM   #417
zrickety
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
Quote:
The GTI Edition 35 comes stock from the factory with the K04 turbo; so it's basically a FWD Golf R.
I learned something, glad you posted. Is there a dedicated K04 thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:27 PM   #418
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
I vote dedicated k04 thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:47 PM   #419
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Not really a kill, but went up against a dodge caliber srt4 today. Not sure all he's done to it except a bov and an exhaust since I could hear them, but it was pretty dead even. I might have pulled ahead just very slightly, but it was really close.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 06:25 PM   #420
fast2ghl
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI MK6 3-Door DSG FBO k04-64
Quote:
Got walked by a M235i

I let off the gas for a moment because of the car in front

Mods on the GTI (stock EA113 w/ K04, DSG):
Revo Stage 2 tune
3" catted downpipe; stock catback
EvoMS V-Flow intake
KWE Intercooler (70mm inlet/outlet)

M235i said he was stock; ZF8 gearbox

5 people in the GTI, 3 in the M235i
With only the drivers in the cars the result probably would have been different
This ^

I have no problem eating the 235i alive..... with 5 people in the car that could be anywhere from 700-1000lbs of extra weight.... Yeah, that will make things different. Good video thou!