GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2016, 08:53 PM   #421
KFahey
Autocross Champion
 
KFahey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 MK6 GTI-MT
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 108
APR Stage 2 V2.0 Vs 8th Gen Supercharged Civic SI

Whats up guys!

Raced my buddies supercharged civic si a few days ago with APR's newest software. There was a little confusion on the rolling speed so I started a little behind for both pulls. Got walked as expected but I hung in there better then i thought!! Pulls were both a little over 30 both times, second time was around 36 mph. I will be going K04 labor day weekend and we will do some more pulls on camera, cant wait to see the outcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfvoo8dzV1s
__________________
APR K04 V3.1 | Unitronic CAI | CTS TBE | NewSouth Boost Gauge | R8 Coils | RSR Clutch Kit | OEM LED Tails | VWR Springs | KONI Yellow Front Struts | GFB DV+ | CTS Intercooler
KFahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:13 PM   #422
CiHKAL
Autocross Champion
 
CiHKAL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI DSG - APR K04 V3.1 FBO
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: A cafe, at the end of the internet.
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFahey View Post
Whats up guys!

Raced my buddies supercharged civic si a few days ago with APR's newest software. There was a little confusion on the rolling speed so I started a little behind for both pulls. Got walked as expected but I hung in there better then i thought!! Pulls were both a little over 30 both times, second time was around 36 mph. I will be going K04 labor day weekend and we will do some more pulls on camera, cant wait to see the outcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfvoo8dzV1s
Nice run, and your buddy has a nicely built civic! My dad has a fully built RSX Type S that is similarly built, CTE S/C, Vit Tuned, 3" pulley, and just about everything else except for changing his compression ratio. His fuel system has be completely redone and he's running E85 now. He's got my brother in the car (370lb between them), half tank of gas, and doesn't drop a gear as low as me. I'm a FBO K04 setup with a tuned DSG, running V3.1, and APR's valve springs. I also had a 1/4 of gas with no passenger, so weighing in at 163lb: https://youtu.be/Hu4JO-BC_ro

For some perspective, I walked a new 5.0 the night before.
CiHKAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:21 PM   #423
KFahey
Autocross Champion
 
KFahey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 MK6 GTI-MT
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiHKAL View Post
Nice run, and your buddy has a nicely built civic! My dad has a fully built RSX Type S that is similarly built, CTE S/C, Vit Tuned, 3" pulley, and just about everything else except for changing his compression ratio. His fuel system has be completely redone and he's running E85 now. He's got my brother in the car (370lb between them), half tank of gas, and doesn't drop a gear as low as me. I'm a FBO K04 setup with a tuned DSG, running V3.1, and APR's valve springs. I also had a 1/4 of gas with no passenger, so weighing in at 163lb: https://youtu.be/Hu4JO-BC_ro

For some perspective, I walked a new 5.0 the night before.
Sweet what a setup!! That RSX sounds so nice! Thanks man yeah I have a new found respect for civics after I learned about his build. Btw were you experiencing valve float in your gti or did you upgrade the springs as a precaution?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
__________________
APR K04 V3.1 | Unitronic CAI | CTS TBE | NewSouth Boost Gauge | R8 Coils | RSR Clutch Kit | OEM LED Tails | VWR Springs | KONI Yellow Front Struts | GFB DV+ | CTS Intercooler
KFahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:24 PM   #424
CiHKAL
Autocross Champion
 
CiHKAL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI DSG - APR K04 V3.1 FBO
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: A cafe, at the end of the internet.
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFahey View Post
Sweet what a setup!! That RSX sounds so nice! Thanks man yeah I have a new found respect for civics after I learned about his build. Btw were you experiencing valve float in your gti or did you upgrade the springs as a precaution?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I was having valve float on my 2012 GTI I bought new. It seems like it just depends on what valve set you end up with unfortunately, hopefully you don't!
CiHKAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:25 PM   #425
KFahey
Autocross Champion
 
KFahey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 MK6 GTI-MT
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiHKAL View Post
I was having valve float on my 2012 GTI I bought new. It seems like it just depends on what valve set you end up with unfortunately, hopefully you don't!
Yeahhh I hope not! I guess it's pretty rare with GTIs though, hopefully I get lucky!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
__________________
APR K04 V3.1 | Unitronic CAI | CTS TBE | NewSouth Boost Gauge | R8 Coils | RSR Clutch Kit | OEM LED Tails | VWR Springs | KONI Yellow Front Struts | GFB DV+ | CTS Intercooler
KFahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:31 PM   #426
KFahey
Autocross Champion
 
KFahey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 MK6 GTI-MT
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFahey View Post
Yeahhh I hope not! I guess it's pretty rare with GTIs though, hopefully I get lucky!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Just noticed your comment on the bottom of your video, walking a new 5.0 that's awesome. Nice GTI man! Was it completely stock?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
__________________
APR K04 V3.1 | Unitronic CAI | CTS TBE | NewSouth Boost Gauge | R8 Coils | RSR Clutch Kit | OEM LED Tails | VWR Springs | KONI Yellow Front Struts | GFB DV+ | CTS Intercooler
KFahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:32 PM   #427
CiHKAL
Autocross Champion
 
CiHKAL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI DSG - APR K04 V3.1 FBO
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: A cafe, at the end of the internet.
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFahey View Post
Just noticed your comment on the bottom of your video, walking a new 5.0 that's awesome. Nice GTI man! Was it completely stock?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Hard to say what extent it was modded, didn't ask the guy. He was a bit butt hurt. All I know for sure is he had a nice sounding exhaust. Quick car for sure, I really like the new mustangs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
CiHKAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:38 PM   #428
KFahey
Autocross Champion
 
KFahey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 MK6 GTI-MT
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiHKAL View Post
Hard to say what extent it was modded, didn't ask the guy. He was a bit butt hurt. All I know for sure is he had a nice sounding exhaust. Quick car for sure, I really like the new mustangs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Yeah they are nice, my buddy with the si said he was door to door with a new 5.0 he raced, not sure if it was a GT with the newest coyote engine or not.....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
__________________
APR K04 V3.1 | Unitronic CAI | CTS TBE | NewSouth Boost Gauge | R8 Coils | RSR Clutch Kit | OEM LED Tails | VWR Springs | KONI Yellow Front Struts | GFB DV+ | CTS Intercooler
KFahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:52 AM   #429
Evorage
Autocross Newbie
 
Drives: 2011evox 2010 gti
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cencal
Posts: 77
Ran a 2015 wrx today. From a 30 roll beat it by 2-3 car lengths. Also ran ford focus st. From a roll beat it by 4-5 lengths.
Evorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:19 AM   #430
WeekendWarriorz
Touring Car Champion
 
WeekendWarriorz's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Z4M
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evorage View Post
Ran a 2015 wrx today. From a 30 roll beat it by 2-3 car lengths. Also ran ford focus st. From a roll beat it by 4-5 lengths.
I beat a 2015 Wrx when I was on stock software, was about a half car ahead when i hit 60 from a 30 roll. I think he needs a driver mod lmao.
WeekendWarriorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:30 AM   #431
Evorage
Autocross Newbie
 
Drives: 2011evox 2010 gti
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cencal
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
I beat a 2015 Wrx when I was on stock software, was about a half car ahead when i hit 60 from a 30 roll. I think he needs a driver mod lmao.
They both said it was stock. Didnt sound like it.
Im revo stage 2
Evorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:34 AM   #432
Evorage
Autocross Newbie
 
Drives: 2011evox 2010 gti
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cencal
Posts: 77
Last week ran an evo x final edition we were dead even to 100
Evorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:35 AM   #433
WeekendWarriorz
Touring Car Champion
 
WeekendWarriorz's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Z4M
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evorage View Post
They both said it was stock. Didnt sound like it.
Im revo stage 2
Yeah it was definitely stock, exhaust sounded quiet from what I heard but I think he may have started in too high of a gear/not the right RPM, I've gotten my ass handed by a 13 WRX hatch, If i where stage 1/2 at the time it would be a different story
__________________
- 12' MK6 DSG, Cobb Stage 2/Stratified E30 E-tune |Raceland Downpipe/Resontator Delete | Custom Intake | GFB DV+| DSG |

-2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster 6MT |FBO+E85| BBS RS-GT | VF-engineering |
-2011 BMW 335i X-Drive |FBO+E85| MHD Stage 2+ E30|
WeekendWarriorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:16 AM   #434
Evorage
Autocross Newbie
 
Drives: 2011evox 2010 gti
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cencal
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
Yeah it was definitely stock, exhaust sounded quiet from what I heard but I think he may have started in too high of a gear/not the right RPM, I've gotten my ass handed by a 13 WRX hatch, If i where stage 1/2 at the time it would be a different story
The focus st got the hit i pulled.
Thr wrx brake boosted pulled a car on me till about 60 by 100+ i was about 1-2 cars.
Evorage is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.