GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Golf R 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

View Poll Results: Most Reliable HPFP
Autotech 1 8.33%
APR 5 41.67%
IE- Intergrated Engineering 6 50.00%
Loba 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2015, 10:22 PM   #1
huzidada
Banned

Drives: 2013 MK6 R
Poll: Best HPFP

Hey guys. So I had unfortunate cam follower damage after going HPFP. Follower disintegrated casing the usual heavy damage that the follower does. The first follower showed unusual Wear on the outside of the follower and not the center as usually shown. The follower was replaced and unfortunately lasted 1500km before blowing its head off! !

Obviously stage2+ seems to be a bit more powerful than normal Stage 2 so I'm keen to do the HPFP Again. I had Autotech insert into my 15K mile pump fail. And I don't want it to happen Again. What HPFP Would you guys recommend, and what's the best maintenance to make sure the follower lasts. I'm not talking about just the religious checking of it, but what oil I use, and what should I look out for etc

Thanks guys
huzidada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:25 AM   #2
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '12 Golf R
I've done 5 cam follower swaps and each time shows minimal wear. I have the APR pump and use liquimoly every 5k miles. I also use assembly lube on the new followers when I install the new one.
thedude4bides is offline   Reply With Quote