GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 04-29-2015, 06:05 PM   #1
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: mk6 gti
what's wrong with my acceleration?

The first video pretty much shows it perfectly. Full throttle, the rpms climb and then it goes no where before it starts to climb again. Sometimes the rpms will even fall back for a little bit.

Here you can see it right at 2500 rpms...wtf? I'm flooring it from the time the rpms start to go up til the movie stops basically.
http://vid78.photobucket.com/albums/...psnuiyrzgw.mp4

This video sucks, but you can see it again at about 9 seconds. It gets to 3100 rpms, drops down close to 3k, then starts to go up again.
http://vid78.photobucket.com/albums/...pstm8gbw0d.mp4

Other than this crazy full throttle issue the car drives perfectly fine. If I never went WOT I'd never know I had a problem.

I thought my clutch was slipping because I swore I saw the rpms shoot up a couple times, but I've been paying a lot more attention to it now and that's not what I'm seeing, and not what's on the video.

Halp?
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:24 PM   #2
jgarcia1925
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Gee-TEE-Eye
Did you just go stage 2? i had the same thing happen (and still do) thinking it was clutch slip, mine did slip but only in gears 5-6, plus you will smell it (at least i did). i came to the conclusion it might be a bit more lag on the turbo cause of the tune. i dont pay attention to it much, but depending on the gear and where i am in the rev band, i still get that.
jgarcia1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 06:32 PM   #3
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

Turbo lag at 3100 rpms though? I've been tuned for a few months and I don't think I've ever noticed this before.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
Old 04-29-2015, 06:35 PM   #4
jgarcia1925
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Ah nevermind. I've been tuned since February and have noticed it since

Sent from my distraction device
Old 04-29-2015, 06:42 PM   #5
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

I mean..idk..maybe I just never noticed it? Doesn't seem right tho...
Old 04-29-2015, 06:53 PM   #6
jgarcia1925
FIA Formula 1 Champion

I was like you too. When I'm doing highway speeds and I'm in 5 or 6 and hit the throttle I get a bit of that Same hesitation. Not sure what it is either

Sent from my distraction device
Old 04-30-2015, 12:19 AM   #7
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Clean your sensors. Use MAF cleaner to get the MAF, MAP and IAT sensors.
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:01 AM   #8
NeoSA
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 G6 GTI DSG
That ^ is your clutch slipping. My DSG is doing the exact same thing with K04. I'm saving up $3000 to upgrade the clutch packs.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #9
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

Here's a better video...Once the rpms start going up I have it WOT until just before the video finishes. You can see the rpms shoot up pretty quick at first, but then the rpms hold at one spot and when that happens if you look at my speedo my speed is still steadily increasing. Also, on the MFD it stops displaying the '6' that tells you what gear I'm in when I hit the gas and once the rpms start going up again the 6 comes back.

http://vid78.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0vs0g3c7.mp4
Old 04-30-2015, 11:44 AM   #10
Joseph@OnePerfectDose
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 Mashed GTI
Time to replace the clutch. The gear indicator uses the RPM in its algorithm to indicate the gear so when your speed and RPM are off it doesn't know what to do.

Save up for a clutch upgrade and don't continue to romp on it as this will gradually get worse. Most likely normal driving is fine but under heavy load (WOT) you notice this issue. It will grow worse.
Joseph@OnePerfectDose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:52 AM   #11
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph@OnePerfectDose View Post
Time to replace the clutch. The gear indicator uses the RPM in its algorithm to indicate the gear so when your speed and RPM are off it doesn't know what to do.

Save up for a clutch upgrade and don't continue to romp on it as this will gradually get worse. Most likely normal driving is fine but under heavy load (WOT) you notice this issue. It will grow worse.
I'm only romping it to try and figure wtf is going on lol

I've got some people saying its a clutch, and a couple people have been saying it could be a maf issue or a bad fuel pump. I'm not sure what the hell to think.

I have the cash to do a clutch upgrade right now and as soon as I figure out if it is the clutch then it'll be in the shop as soon as possible. I just need to be sure it's actually the clutch before I dump all that money into it.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:44 PM   #12
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

My mechanic hasn't driven the car, but he's seen the video. He says he doesn't think it's the clutch. I'm gonna start with the easy stuff first, like the maf, and go from there...
Old 04-30-2015, 01:47 PM   #13
songyun
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 MK6 GTI
manual ? stage 2 clutch slip.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:52 PM   #14
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

I did a few more pulls today in every gear except first. I couldn't get it to do it in 2nd gear, could maybe just barely get it to do it in 3rd gear, and I can definitely get it to do this in 4th, 5th, and 6th gear.

I would think if it was a fuel pump or maf issue I would see it during every gear during WOT, but I'm only seeing it act weird during the tall gears.

I'm just gonna call my mechanic and see if he'll take the car around the block for me tomorrow.

I think what's probably going is the clutch is slipping, but it's not slipping that bad.

Last edited by sterkrazzy; 04-30-2015 at 06:15 PM.