GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Curious: Beluga Racing Catback

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
So lately, I have been browsing the interwebs to see what kind of alternative catbacks (specifically dual-canister style) are out there for our cars (namely, something cheaper than the big, high quality brands).

Came across Beluga Racing via eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191204765238?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

$350 shipped for a brand new stainless steel catback for our cars, quite a deal. I know of one person that has this catback, and he is very pleased with it! Surprisingly, couldn't find many reviews on this.

So here is my question: to those that have, have had, or know someone that has/has had this exhaust, what are your thoughts? How is the quality? How is the fittment? How is the finish? How's the sound? Is this your typical "get what you paid for" item, or is this a real-deal steal?!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Currently running SPM catted downpipe. A catback (for me) is strictly for sound and aesthetics.

Last edited:

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
quality doesn't look half bad. tbh. I just checked out their site. design wise, seems similar to akrapovic with the diagnal mufflers vs the horizontal ones like.. neuspeed, ultimate racing, spm, etc.

and yea, at $350 shipped that is a steal. shipping is gonna be atleast $70...

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
quality doesn't look half bad. tbh. I just checked out their site. design wise, seems similar to akrapovic with the diagnal mufflers vs the horizontal ones like.. neuspeed, ultimate racing, spm, etc.

and yea, at $350 shipped that is a steal. shipping is gonna be atleast $70...

Right?! Yeah checked out their site too... they make products for all kinds of cars! Seems like one of their biggest targets is the Nissan 350z market.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
If I recall this has weird diameter changes... Someone else had it and did a review. Check the ebay/ godspeed catback thread.

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
If I recall this has weird diameter changes... Someone else had it and did a review. Check the ebay/ godspeed catback thread.

Ohhhh, this is the exact same one as the "Godspeed" one? Yeah, I've definitely seen info on that one floating around.

Thing is, the Godspeed one doesn't have the 2 canisters (mufflers), right?

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
Btw, thank you for pointing out a slight difference: I didn't realize that this catback differs from the Neuspeed/SPM/BillyBoat/UltimateRacing dual canister catbacks, in the sense that those have horizontal L-style dual canister exhaust tips, and the Beluga has diagonal V-style.

To me, this is a slight turn off, because I want my catback dual canisters to be VERY noticeable: the horizontal style ones would clearly be more visible since they are further back to the rear of the car :\

I love the look of the droopy butt on our cars. Makes the rear center of the car more filled in, and the overall look of the car lower. Also, in general it makes the car look meaner, beeifer, and of course... sexier ;)

Last edited:

nafljhy

Go Kart Champion
nafljhy, let's get this catback then write reviews on it ;)

Unless.... you already have a catback? :(

Btw, thank you for pointing out a slight difference: I didn't realize that this catback differs from the Neuspeed/SPM/BillyBoat/UltimateRacing dual canister catbacks, in the sense that those have horizontal L-style dual canister exhaust tips, and the Beluga has diagonal V-style.

To me, this is a slight turn off, because I want my catback dual canisters to be VERY noticeable: the horizontal style ones would clearly be more visible since they are further back to the rear of the car :\

I love the look of the droopy butt on our cars. Makes the rear center of the car more filled in, and the overall look of the car lower. Also, in general it makes the car look meaner, beeifer, and of course... sexier ;)

i already have catback :( picked up a used akrapovic for like 60% off it's normal price. :D and the canisters are still pretty noticeable. i work in santa fe springs but live close to pasadena. can meet up and you can take a look and see if you like the look of the diagonal style cannisters.

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
i already have catback :( picked up a used akrapovic for like 60% off it's normal price. :D and the canisters are still pretty noticeable. i work in santa fe springs but live close to pasadena. can meet up and you can take a look and see if you like the look of the diagonal style cannisters.

Oh awesome!! What location is "BUR" then?? Lol.

Cool man, appreciate the offer. Might take you up on it! :w00t:

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
BUR is Burbank Airport. i usually use airport codes for location.

yea man! np!

Haha, funny.. for a second I was thinking Burbank. I actually like like 5 miels away from that airport.

I also thought it was the hip way of referring to Pittsburgh ('Burgh) :laugh:

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Ohhhh, this is the exact same one as the "Godspeed" one? Yeah, I've definitely seen info on that one floating around.

Thing is, the Godspeed one doesn't have the 2 canisters (mufflers), right?
this is not the same catback as the Godspeed. I think both have the same piping diameter...

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
this is not the same catback as the Godspeed. I think both have the same piping diameter...

Thank you for feedback. I really don't think many people are running this exhaust. I am getting very serious abt just buying it then reviewing it, hmm.

Will have to way until next Friday though... payday :p