GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #407
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_GANGALE90 View Post
Wow I just installed it today and I could not be any happier...it is exactly what I wanted...not too loud but definitely not quiet


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good good.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:22 PM   #408
nloukinas
Newbie
 
Drives: MK6 GTI
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1
I just put the turboback from Beluga on my car and love it!! Here is a link to video that I made that shows the sound of this exhaust with launch control!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsY7KEy1bGE
nloukinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:29 PM   #409
ebuuz
Autocross Champion
 
ebuuz's Avatar
 
Drives: Mk6 GTI
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Orange County
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by nloukinas View Post
I just put the turboback from Beluga on my car and love it!! Here is a link to video that I made that shows the sound of this exhaust with launch control!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsY7KEy1bGE
Awesome vid! Sounds pretty good
__________________
2012 CW 6 speed. F23T on APR k04 v3.1, APR Carbonio, CTS turboback, Clutchnet 6 puck disc, 034 Street Density motor and transmission mounts, Hawk HPS 5.0, Motul RBF600, Newsouth boost gauge, DieselGeek SS


Dyno vid of my car
ebuuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:06 PM   #410
nalanlouk
Go Kart Champion
 
nalanlouk's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 39
BEWARE! NOT 2 1/2" O.D. EXHAUST. I ordered this exhaust about 5 months ago and installed it. The fittment was pretty good but I did not like how raspy it was on the top end. I decided to add a resonator and in the process of doing that I found out that 84% of this exhaust is actually 2 1/4 O.D. The only place it is 2 1/2" pipe is roughly 14" before the muffler and right at the very end where the tips mount. I have been in contact with beluga for a couple weeks and they refuse to admit that the exhaust is described wrong. They keep blowing me off when I call or send emails. I have sent them proof where I measured the exhaust and they still won't admit it. I hope to get this resolved soon. The stock exhaust has more 2 1/2 pipe than this exhaust so BEWARE!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
nalanlouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #411
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalanlouk View Post
BEWARE! NOT 2 1/2" O.D. EXHAUST. I ordered this exhaust about 5 months ago and installed it. The fittment was pretty good but I did not like how raspy it was on the top end. I decided to add a resonator and in the process of doing that I found out that 84% of this exhaust is actually 2 1/4 O.D. The only place it is 2 1/2" pipe is roughly 14" before the muffler and right at the very end where the tips mount. I have been in contact with beluga for a couple weeks and they refuse to admit that the exhaust is described wrong. They keep blowing me off when I call or send emails. I have sent them proof where I measured the exhaust and they still won't admit it. I hope to get this resolved soon. The stock exhaust has more 2 1/2 pipe than this exhaust so BEWARE!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Cool story bro. mine has a inside dimension of 2-1/4" and outside of 2-1/2 iirc when i quick measured. My downpipe inside demnsion was 2-7/8" with just over 3" outside.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:37 PM   #412
kahugu.brian
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: Shadow Blue MK6
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: delaware
Posts: 12
Reviving this thread. Anyone on the current waitlist for the Catback exhausts?
kahugu.brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:43 PM   #413
Dmvx
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Dmvx's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 gti
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahugu.brian View Post
Reviving this thread. Anyone on the current waitlist for the Catback exhausts?
Yeah, ordered mine on friday, still processing .
Dmvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:13 AM   #414
ahard48
Rally Car Champion
 
ahard48's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 GTI Wolfsburg Powered By Paypal
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 330
I ordered mine in the last batch. Took about a month or so to reach my door step. I think they fill 50 orders at a time and once they reach that number, they start shipping to their warehouse in Texas, then send them to your door step. Wasnt terrible but not the fastest.
__________________
2014 GTI Wolfsburg:
APR Stage 1 l APR Carbonio Intake 1+ 2 l OEM Roof Rack l DeAutoKey l Nokya 2500k Fogs l 35% Tint l CW Rear Inlay l HPA shifter/42dd bushings l P3 Vent Gauge l ST Coilovers l Eurojet DP l Beluga Exhaust
ahard48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:21 AM   #415
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,933
oh that sucks for you guys. When i bought mine (from their website) i got it in Florida at my doorstep about 4 business days later. (ordered on Thursday received on Tuesday)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:56 AM   #416
kahugu.brian
Passed Driver's Ed
 
Drives: Shadow Blue MK6
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: delaware
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmvx View Post
Yeah, ordered mine on friday, still processing .

Did you receive yours?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kahugu.brian is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.