GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC Stage 2 "Clutchbuster" dyno

Muerte_X

Passed Driver's Ed
I couldn't find a dyno from anyone from the newest version of GIAC's stage 2 tune with the e40 blend file, so I decided to go ahead and just get a dyno myself.

3" Catless DP, stock catback, APR intake, RSR Clutch.

This is why it's called the "Clutchbuster"! :thumbsup:

272whp, and 350tq at the wheels

For what it's worth a Gen 3 stage 2+ quattro A3 dyno'd 233whp and 314tq on the same dyno. :iono:

I did confirm that the "Corrected" numbers are indeed the numbers at the wheels, and not corrected to the crank.

Last edited:

WHY_GTI

Ready to race!
Is that with the stock intercooler as well?
Those numbers look pretty good. Makes me want to re mod my car lol

Muerte_X

Passed Driver's Ed
Is that with the stock intercooler as well?
Those numbers look pretty good. Makes me want to re mod my car lol

Yeah, stock intercooler. It was a decently cool morning when it was done, and there was a good cool down between runs, so I don't know how bad the heat soak could be if they were done immediately back to back.

Jaber

Modero
Nice numbers. Ever dyno before this to compare gains?

Sent from my iSuperior, expect typos, mathematical errors and inaccuracy.

Muerte_X

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice numbers. Ever dyno before this to compare gains?

Sent from my iSuperior, expect typos, mathematical errors and inaccuracy.

I did 240 whp an somewhere around 280tq stage 2 on the previous version of their stage 2 pump file, on a different dyno, so I don't know if you can directly compare them.

I wanted to try switching to the pump file for one run, to see the difference between the 2 and because the regular pump file has improvements as well. but they said running a pump file with e85 could be dangerous as the car would run really lean and they wouldn't do it.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Wow. Just wow.

Too bad there aren't too many E85 pumps in the city here. That torque curve is nuts.

Avant

Ready to race!
LOL that shit is nuts man!

FWIW, my car made 261 whp and 310 wtq on a Mustang dyno though on the same file. Stock intercooler too lol.

Muerte, how many gallons of E85 are you putting in for a full tank of gas?

Uh this is awesome and makes me wonder why there isn't more E85 use in VAG cars

My guess is that VAG doesn't/didn't officially support E85 with our platform. They support it with the newer 2.0T Audi's but they actually have a sensor and extra injector I believe. There hasn't been any like hard hard evidence that E85 fucks our cars specifically which is why I feel that tuners are hesitant to making an ethanol optimized tune for it.

Wow. Just wow.

Too bad there aren't too many E85 pumps in the city here. That torque curve is nuts.

Drive to Arcadia XD

Last edited:

Muerte_X

Passed Driver's Ed
LOL that shit is nuts man!

FWIW, my car made 261 whp and 310 wtq on a Mustang dyno though on the same file. Stock intercooler too lol.

Muerte, how many gallons of E85 are you putting in for a full tank of gas?

My guess is that VAG doesn't/didn't officially support E85 with our platform. They support it with the newer 2.0T Audi's but they actually have a sensor and extra injector I believe. There hasn't been any like hard hard evidence that E85 fucks our cars specifically which is why I feel that tuners are hesitant to making an ethanol optimized tune for it.

Drive to Arcadia XD

Mustang dyno's usually read low compared to other dynos, and are what GIAC uses I believe. Not saying yours is wrong, but hard to compare directly. I think that sounds about right though.

But good to know someone else out there is using it!

You're right, also actual content can vary a lot, so with it only using 40% you don't have to worry about it as much. And the blend doesn't have the gunk build up and other problems people worry about with e85 in non-flex fuel cars.

It’s not as simple as x number of gallons per tank, at least if you’re running it tank after tank like I am. You'll eventually end up with pure e85, lol. I assume the pump 91 is 10% and the E85 is actually E85 and mix them according to those percentages. I use the tripometer and the avg mpg to figure out how much I've used and it's actually very accurate. I usually end up filling up around 1/4 tank with 6 gallons of 91 and 4 gallons of e85 if I already have e40 in the tank.

Most of the reason I got the dyno was to make sure the timing wasn’t being pulled and that I had been making the mix correctly.

Last edited:

v.b

Ready to race!
How important is the ratio of the mixture? Or rather how detrimental would it be to power/safety if your mix is off by say 10 (E30 - E50)?

rpc07

Ready to race!
I'm running the same clutch buster file but on there 93 octane map. No dyno but it's an improvement over my revo stage 2

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Awesome numbers OP! :clap:

I filled up last month with 6.2gal of e85 then topped it off with 91oct. E85 was about a dollar cheaper than 91 so I saved $6 bucks :)
Car ran nice as you can definitely feel increased power. I didn't even notice a decrease in mpg's. I do mostly "city" driving doe. :iono: