GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions

Old 05-27-2015, 11:36 AM   #1
ReznorsApostle
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: GTI
Refund after not using the extended warranty

Has anyone had experience with this? I purchased the extended warranty because I saw that once you get to 70k miles you can get that purchase cost back. I'm at 68k and have plans for that money
Has anyone had this work out for them, any issues?
Old 05-27-2015, 12:40 PM   #2
NYCSuits
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 GTI, '16 GSW SE LP/DP
You might have found the first non-profit company offering extended warranties for vehicles
Akrapovic | REVO | RNS510 Rev-Q | OEM Euro Cup Holder | OEM Euro Power Folding Mirrors | OEM Euro Mirrors | OEM Golf R Mirror Caps | OEM RLS Windshield | OEM RLS | OEM Dimming Mirror | OEM DG Springs | OEM LED Tails | OEM Dash Cubby | ECS CF Intake | Unibrace UB | Tyrolsport | SPM RSB | 17" OEM Goals | 18" OEM VW Motorsport | 18" OEM Detroit | OEM+ | OEM Match Markers | OEM Lip Spoiler | 50% llumar | WeatherTech| Vagcom
NYCSuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:57 PM   #3
Stinger
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: stick 4d CSG '11 Mk6
I seriously doubt that you can get your unused warranty refunded to you... That's the premise of the insurance business!
APR Stage 1 (V2.1)::RSR-like clutch::Magnaflow catback::Sigma 6 SS::Bilstein B14 PSS::H&R 26mm fsb, 22mm rsb::Tyrol sub frame kit and front brake stiffener kit::UB UNIbrace::R8 coilpacks::LED taillights::Michelin PSS 235/45 on JNC 17x8 et30::
Audio - Eonon GA5153F::Focal Integration Plug & Play::JL Stealthbox 10TW3::JL XD 700/5 amp
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 12:59 PM   #4
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
I seriously doubt that you can get your unused warranty refunded to you... That's the premise of the insurance business!
This. Believe you can get a refund anytime before hand, but it's adjusted for the period that you had coverage.

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:10 PM   #5
09GTIJoE
FIA GT Champion

Drives: Sleep .:R
ive experienced this first hand, if you still have the vehicle, the difference will go to the loan amount. only way you can "cash out" is if you sell the vehicle or trade it in. you can also do it with GAP insurance. some people do not get their money cause they do not know of this
09GTIJoE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:11 PM   #6
09GTIJoE
FIA GT Champion

Drives: Sleep .:R
when I traded in my wifes MK5 for a MK7 I purchased extended warranty so I was able to get the GAP and extended warranty money back, but it was like pulling teeth. all worth the 1,500 though
09GTIJoE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:19 PM   #7
ReznorsApostle
Touring Car Newbie

Thanks for all the input, and glad to hear some firsthand experience. The money going towards the loan still lets me strategize what I want to do. Although if I had the cash I planned on wheels, tires, carbon cleaning and DSG service. Maybe just trade in now. Unfortunately I hate the dealer and it's the only one in the area. So maybe changing brands too. Sucks because I love my Gti
And if that's the case that it goes toward the balance, I'm trading in for a charger awd I guess.

Last edited by ReznorsApostle; 05-28-2015 at 09:00 AM.
ReznorsApostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:00 PM   #8
sakitnyatudisini
Autocross Newbie

Drives: Ford f150
Good luck Reznors
sakitnyatudisini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:08 PM   #9
luvdagators
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 13 CW Autobahn GTI (o\!/o)
charger?
Electric car?
luvdagators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:23 PM   #10
DASVDUB
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Charger AWD? What's wrong with u?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #11
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
You will get a portion of the extended warranty if you sell/trade the car. Don't expect a handout just because you're getting close to the mileage limit and you still own the car.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:24 PM   #12
TRUboost
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 CSG GTI/'13 CW GLI
If your warranty was good for 70k miles you will get next to nothing back. The amount they will give you back is determined by the life left on the warranty vs what you paid for it.

If warranty companies gave money back to people who didn't use them everyone would want to buy them and no one would want to sell them lol.
TRUboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:03 AM   #13
ReznorsApostle
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASVDUB View Post
Charger AWD? What's wrong with u?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone
Fact is that I'm sick of the VW dealer and they're the only game in town. Need something to shoot through my 70 mile a day commute in the snow
Might consider a mk7 Gti if they want to keep me as a customer. We have bought multiple cars from them and I've referred more, this would be my 3rd GTI in a row
And as far as the refund goes, I'm not canceling the warranty and getting prorated. I'll look at the paper work again and quote it
Old 05-29-2015, 10:03 AM   #14
Rolling_GTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: '12 GTI
I'd go drive a charger AWD before buying one. That AWD system sucks, its like BMW's, an obvious afterthought.
APR K04 | ESC Disabled | Carbonio | COBB TBE | RR Stage 3 clutch | Scarlet Red VMR 701's 18" | Black Unibrace UB & XB | VF Engine/Tranny mounts | DG Skid Plate | S3 Short Shifter | EBC Red Pads, Slotted Rotors | Filled Hood Notch | LED Tails | 35% Tint | Too many small mods to list

I've driven her 236,000 hard miles and still loving it! 27MPG Lifetime average
Rolling_GTI is offline   Reply With Quote