GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 09-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #1
MEDION

Drives: MK6 GOLF 2009
mk6 service light

Hello does anyone know how to reset the service light on a 2009 MK6?

Thanks
MEDION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #2
plat
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2016 Audi S5
2009 GTI is a MK5. MK6 is 2010/2011. Could yours be an MK6 bought in 2009 as a 2010 model?
plat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
Bruh Man
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: Muark 6
He's probably from Europe. Not trying to be a dick at all, but is there anything in the manual about this? I haven't quite hit 10K yet so I haven't had to check.
Bruh Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
bubuski
El Moderador

Drives: MK6 GTI 5-door TR
I can reset mine in the last menu on the MFD. You probablly have the half-sized MFD since it is a Golf though.

Try the MK5 process below and report back if it works on your MK6.

Quote:

Vehicles without Multifunction Display -
1.) With the key out of the ignition – Press and hold the “0.0”, located on the right side of the instrument cluster.
2.) While holding the ”0.0″ button insert the key and turn to the “Accessory” position. Wait for “wrench” symbol to appear in the odometer display.
3.) Then release the “0.0” and press the “MIN” button on the opposite side of the instrument cluster.
4.) To verify it’s been reset hold the ”0.0″ button again: The “wrench” symbol will appear together with the reset number of miles / kilometers you can drive until the service due date. The display changes after about 10 seconds. A “clock” symbol appears together with the reset number of days until the service due date.
bubuski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #5
TDR-380
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: 2.0 TDI, R
Or take the car in for a service... just sayin'

Soundaktor delete
TDR-380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
Keithuk
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf GTD (170)
Welcome to the forum.

Yes he's from Staffs the same county as me.

I can tell you the instructions for mine which I presume is going to be the same for GTi.

Do you have the multifunctional display?

Quote:
Longlife service intervals.
To retain longlife service intervals the service interval indicator must be reset using suitable diagnostic equipment.

NOTE: Vehicles on longlife service intervals may be reset using the fixed interval servicing method but this will result in the service interval indicator returning to fixed service intervals.

Fixed service intervals - with multifunction display

Switch ignition ON.
Briefly press OK button.
Repeatedly press the left hand button or right-hand button until the message "Settings" is displayed.
Briefly press OK button.
Repeatedly press the left hand button or right-hand button until the message "Service" is displayed.
Briefly press OK button.
Repeatedly press the left hand button or right-hand button until the message "Reset" is displayed.
Briefly press OK button twice.
The service interval indicator is now reset.
Switch ignition OFF.

Fixed service intervals - without multifunction display

Switch ignition OFF.
Press and hold the right-hand button next to the speedo.
Switch ignition ON.
Release the right-hand button.
Briefly press the left-hand button next to the rev counter.
Wait for display to return to main menu.
The service interval indicator is now reset.
Switch ignition OFF.
It may look better if you put some details in your signature then we know what you are driving rather that a 2009 Golf.

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.
Keithuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #7
MEDION

Hi its one of the later ones, its got the 1.4TSI engine in it. It is the 2010 style one, I tried the MK5 process and it didnt work. I have a button with squares on the left and one with 0.0 on the right. Not 100% about cars if honest. Arnold shark didnt give me a manual.

It has been serviced by a vat registered garage in feb

Last edited by MEDION; 09-08-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:01 PM   #8
Keithuk
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf GTD (170)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDION View Post
I have a button with squares on the left and one with 0.0 on the right. Not 100% about cars if honest. Arnold shark didnt give me a manual.

It has been serviced by a vat registered garage in feb
Well if you don't have the MFSW (Multi Function Steering Wheel) thats with the 2 sets of switches then its without multifunction display so you use the buttons next to the dials.

No the dealer won't give you a manual no one makes one. This will also depend how the service interval as been set, short 10k or long 20k the sticker in the service book will tell you that.

To find out which service interval your cat has then just open the service schedule book.

On the first page there should be a sticker with the car details on it, VIN number engine code and transmission code. Then there are 7 rows of numbers and characters further down. On the third row mine shows 3 characters then a space, three more characters then QG?, then a space and three more blocks of three characters.

QG0/QG1 is the shorter 10,000 miles and the QG2 is longlife 20,000 miles service. The dealer sould have set this when they did the service, take it back.

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.
Keithuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #9
MEDION

thank you all very much, have now done it with the above steps.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #10
plat
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2016 Audi S5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruh Man View Post
He's probably from Europe. Not trying to be a dick at all, but is there anything in the manual about this? I haven't quite hit 10K yet so I haven't had to check.
Ah, my bad, my bad...
plat is offline   Reply With Quote