GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Travis' 2011 4dr GTI Build

Tilt_Life20

Passed Driver's Ed
Whats going on ladies and gents....As the tiltle states I just bought a new ride. I just wanted to creat this thread to follow along with my building process. It will be a slow build seeing that i have a family and responsibilities and shit hahaha but hey, thats how it goes! But, anyway here she is just pulled into the driveway....

****UPDATED 11 Sept 2015******

Original Setup:
- Stock with Nav, Sunroof, and Xenon Headlights Package

First Mods To-Do List:
- APR/Unitronic Tune/CAI (Community oponion???)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 511
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
Welcome, congrats on the car! Also congrats on snagging a UG one, probably the best color IMO

Tilt_Life20

Passed Driver's Ed
Short Term Wish list Mods:
Level 1
- CTS 3" Turbo back exhaust
-APR stage 2 Tune
- South bend stage 2 clutch (daily, single mass)
- HPA short shift kit
- Turbo outlet pipe (AWE)

Level 2
- R8 coil packs
- Spark plugs
- DV+/Forge Blow off adapter
-Diverter valve relocation kit
- CTS Catch Can

Updated 16 June 2015

Last edited:

Tilt_Life20

Passed Driver's Ed
Well it's official, First Mod cherry has officially been popped....let the rolling snowball begin!

CTS Turbo Intake

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1434478711673.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1434478711673.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Tilt_Life20

Passed Driver's Ed
Well the intake came in the mail today!!! Install pics and drive write up coming this weekend probably....

Tilt_Life20

Passed Driver's Ed
Sooo just another quick update...I feel like I've changed my mind about 900 times in the last week but I think I have a concrete plan now of where I want to go!! As I continue to read and research I may have come to a conclusion that with the budget im afforded to make my first set of upgrades I'm thinking jumping straight into a Stage 2 tune with just some of the necessary parts may set me up for failure in the long run...instead I believe I've compiled a pretty decent list to have a solid Stage 1 setup which will make for ease into the Stage 2 transition.....so here it is and please tell me what you guys think.....thanks Mike for the stepping stones to get me pointed in some type of direction based on what you have accomplished haha....

-CTS Turbo Intake - (installed @ 54k)
- APR Stage 1 Tune (Installed 11 Sept 15 @ 56k)
- SPM CBE Street Kit
- CTS Turbo Downpipe/Raceland DP
- R8 coil packs and NGK plugs (Installed @ 55k)
- Unitronic DV relocation Kit (Installed @ 55k)
- Forge BOV adapter (Installed at 55k)
- APR boost tap kit (Installed @ 56k)
- NS boost gauge and Vent Pod (Installed @ 56k)

Updated 11 Sept 2015

Last edited:

The Ginkneb

Ready to race!
I'm thinking jumping straight into a Stage 2 tune with just some of the necessary parts may set me up for failure in the long run...instead I believe I've compiled a pretty decent list to have a solid Stage 1 setup which will make for ease into the Stage 2 transition.....so here it is and please tell me what you guys think.....thanks Mike for the stepping stones to get me pointed in some type of direction based on what you have accomplished haha....

Fello lunch-breaker here. UG FTW! Love the way the color takes the light.

Anyways...

Good call IMO, I went stage 1 with no hardware other than R8 coilpacks a few months after buying my mk6 and it is awesome how much benefit you get. Everyone blows coilpacks and they are like $80-100 so it's worth just going ahead with them. Get your old coils back or they will just toss them. I think the gain from St1 to St2 is minimal enough that you won't be unsatisfied by 1, and then you get to jump up again at some point in the future (pretty sure APR does free upgrades, just shop labor cost) which is always cool.

The Ginkneb

Ready to race!
Come to think of it, if you decide to do meth injection at some point after you get your other hardware sorted, switching to stage 2 and running the meth will allow you to add in a 100oct MAP and still run 93oct gas, which gives you a nice gain for when you want it.

Don't quote me on that but I'm pretty sure that applies here.

Tilt_Life20

Passed Driver's Ed

Well I got the intake installed not without making a stupid mistake haha...I cut the cover open for the other small filter amd installed it which is not necessary for CCTA VWs so after I learned that I fixed the crisis amd got a plug to fill her up....runs smooth but don't feel a huge difference in power because there's not much but the turbo is a bit louder....overall I'm a happy camper!!!

Tilt_Life20

Passed Driver's Ed
Forge BOV Adapter and Unitronic Gen2 DV Relocation Kit ordered....pictures to follow when they arrive and after install...next up is APR boost tap kit and New South Boost Gauge and R8 coils and spark plugs then I'll feel good about getting my stage 1 Tune...almost there!

Last edited:

Tilt_Life20

Passed Driver's Ed
Relocation Kit and Forge BOV adapter came in today......love the relocation kit but i think i got dooped by somebody with a knock-off BOV adapter...the adapter itself does not have the Forge etching on it, not sure if they did that on older models or new models?? Everything seems to fit properly though so who knows...installing tomorrow and ill check out the sound!

BTW getting pictures on here is a pain in the Ass!!!!

Last edited:

Tilt_Life20

Passed Driver's Ed

Holy shit getting a picture on here finally worked.. Well, here it is a picture of the relocation kit and BOV adapter installed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tilt_Life20

Passed Driver's Ed
Well another quick purchase....Audi R8 coil packs and a new set of spark plugs from Deutscheautoparts.com.......pictures to follow as usual when they arrive and after install!

Tilt_Life20

Passed Driver's Ed
Out with the old and in with the new....only took about 10 mins and that shit was easy!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk