GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 01-25-2016, 02:43 PM   #57
GoodTimesIndeed
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2Dr DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trytun View Post
I have some big things planned here in February/March:

ECS Tuning front and rear sway bars 26mm/23mm
KW V1 Coils/034 Strut Mounts
Neuspeed Rse05
Unibrace UB

Very excited
Some good upgrades in your future for sure! The front and rear sways will really help you carve through the canyons, you'll love the way the car feels after the install.

Just a thought though, possibly consider the XB over the UB first. The XB really ties the rear of the car together and helps eliminate panel flex and sway that hatchbacks suffer from while aggressively cornering. Makes quite a noticeable difference.

You already have two oem braces underneath (though they're small), but NOTHING in the hatch, just sayin'.
APR K04 / DP w/m injection / Custom Intake / Eurojet turboback / Neuspeed FMIC / IC sprayer / FSB-RSB / Endlinks / 034 Mounts / HPA 75A / AWE TOP / BSH TBP / ECS Catch Can / Solo Werks / Centric rotors / StopTech pads / Tyrolsport / Powerflex Bushings & A.L.K. / Stern Brace / Eurosport Strut Brace & Rear XB / TCR-II System / Misc Interior & Exterior Mods / Build Thread / My flickr
GoodTimesIndeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:19 PM   #58
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 13 CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytrose View Post
This is kinda perfect because I'm looking for another fellow GTI owner with rokblokz mud flaps. Do your mud flaps have a gap between the fender liner and the flap? Have you had any issues with snow build up between the fender liner and flap?

I haven't had them in the snow as of yet (living in Southern California!) - but yes, there was a very slight gap but it was barely noticeable and you'd never know unless you were looking for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unitronic Stage 2/Unitronic Stage 1 DSG Tune/APR Downpipe/Neuspeed Catback/Miro Shit Wheels/30% all around/Solo Werks S1 Coilovers/TTRS Strut Mounts/Unitronic Intake/Unitronic Intercooler/Soundaktor Delete/GFB DV+/R8 Coils/Spulen Discharge Pipe/Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete/034 Motorsports Billet Insert/034 Motorsports Street Density Motor and Trans Mounts/ECS Tuning Rear Sway Bar THE BUILD THREAD
Trytun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:19 PM   #59
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodTimesIndeed View Post
Some good upgrades in your future for sure! The front and rear sways will really help you carve through the canyons, you'll love the way the car feels after the install.

Just a thought though, possibly consider the XB over the UB first. The XB really ties the rear of the car together and helps eliminate panel flex and sway that hatchbacks suffer from while aggressively cornering. Makes quite a noticeable difference.

You already have two oem braces underneath (though they're small), but NOTHING in the hatch, just sayin'.

Cool! I've heard the same thing from a few people now . . . I might have to look more into that!

Unitronic Stage 2/Unitronic Stage 1 DSG Tune/APR Downpipe/Neuspeed Catback/Miro Shit Wheels/30% all around/Solo Werks S1 Coilovers/TTRS Strut Mounts/Unitronic Intake/Unitronic Intercooler/Soundaktor Delete/GFB DV+/R8 Coils/Spulen Discharge Pipe/Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete/034 Motorsports Billet Insert/034 Motorsports Street Density Motor and Trans Mounts/ECS Tuning Rear Sway Bar THE BUILD THREAD
Old 02-16-2016, 08:40 PM   #60
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Trytun's Baby Girl

So I was having an issue with finding a catted midpipe for my Eurojet turboback and my only recourse was finding a shop to weld a cat in, or so I thought. The finish on the Eurojet is just so nice and the build quality is fantastic, I really didn't want to cut into it . . .

Thankfully, I didn't have to!

I contacted the people over at the Eurojet site and presented them with my dilemma. To my great satisfaction I now have a custom midpipe that will mesh perfectly with my Eurojet system. Very happy with the quality, I'm going to a shop right now to get it put on.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:54 PM   #61
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Update:

New wheels on!

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2

Suspension goes on next week.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:14 AM   #62
deep.mit
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI 6MT 2dr
Quote:

Update:

New wheels on!

Wheels look good! So, you finally went aftermarket 18" or 19"?

My Build Thread
Instagram
deep.mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:36 AM   #63
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep.mit View Post
Wheels look good! So, you finally went aftermarket 18" or 19"?

18x8.5

Old 03-17-2016, 01:53 PM   #64
deep.mit
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI 6MT 2dr
Quote:
18x8.5

My Build Thread
Instagram
deep.mit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:15 PM   #65
CallmeGTI
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2010 VW cw 6spd gti
Quote:

Update:

New wheels on!

nice seeing your car man. Looks very clean

Wheel Whore
Build Page
CallmeGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:39 PM   #66
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeGTI View Post
nice seeing your car man. Looks very clean

Thanks dude! It was cool meeting up with you and everyone else. Your car with Chris' old exhaust sounds so good! I'm very jealous.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:53 PM   #67
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Got my vanity plate the other day. 7 month wait but it looks so good. Very happy! Got her cleaned for the first time in a long while, she was getting pretty dirty.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:20 PM   #68
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Shitty phone pictures but I got me a set of VMR wheels. So far I love them!

Old 05-22-2016, 05:31 PM   #69
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Trytun's Baby Girl

Cleaned her up for a few hours. Gotta make sure she's ready for Wuste.

Last edited by Trytun; 05-22-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:49 PM   #70
DASVDUB
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Wheels look fantastic!!

2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
DASVDUB is online now   Reply With Quote