GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My 2012 Carbon Steel Grey DSG GTI

smbstyle

Ready to race!
I've been hunting for a DD for some time now; fuel efficient, practical, comfortable, sporty and automatic (for the wife), so not many cars under $30k really tick all of those boxes other than the GTI - so my sights were set on a CPO'ed MK6 DSG GTI.

First experience checking out a MK6 GTI was not good - almost had to get it towed back to the dealer during the test drive! More on that here:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94012

So the following day, I found a few clean CPO'ed 2012 GTI's at Jim Ellis VW in Atlanta, and went to check them out. One was a Black 2012 DSG w/ 44k miles, the other was a Grey 2012 DSG w/ 12k miles. After inspecting and driving the Grey '12, it still smelled brand new, not a spot on it, interior and exterior were mint, I was sold. Ended up paying $19,100 for it, which is pretty good for the mileage/condition and CPO. Only thing I found was the water pump was replaced in April 2015 @ 11,700 miles at this dealer, but hopefully the repair was done properly by a competent tech. The same dealer sold the car new, and did all service on the car, so that was a nice bonus.

Got it home, polished & waxed, and took some pics:

kpGTi

Go Kart Newbie
Nice man! Congrats on the new DD. I just got one myself. 2012 Candy white 2-door autobahn DSG. I love this car.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Welcome!