GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2015, 12:10 PM   #281
ashchuckton
FIA GT Newbie
 
ashchuckton's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI Base CSG DSG
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 790
$261 for the carbon cleaning seems like a great price to me. My GTI doesn't have enough mileage on it to need one, but if it did I'd jump on the offer.
__________________
2013 GTI CSG 2 door Base DSG > Shultz
ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:08 PM   #282
Dynamhik
Ready to race!
 
Dynamhik's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 22
Went in for carbon cleaning, came out with a new pump. Chalk one more up for a failed BG pump.
Dynamhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:14 PM   #283
07stuntin6r
Rally Car Champion
 
Drives:
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamhik View Post
Went in for carbon cleaning, came out with a new pump. Chalk one more up for a failed BG pump.
Isn't the BG the new one and the BB the one prior?
07stuntin6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:00 AM   #284
Dynamhik
Ready to race!
 
Dynamhik's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07stuntin6r View Post
Isn't the BG the new one and the BB the one prior?
It is, I had my original pump replaced at 69k miles, and 8k later it failed. Hopefully this one lasts a lot longer.
Dynamhik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:22 PM   #285
07stuntin6r
Rally Car Champion
 
Drives:
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 390
In my case I hope not. I don't want this car anymore lol
07stuntin6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:00 PM   #286
Rayunited
Go Kart Newbie
 
Drives: 2012 shadow blue GTI
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 29
Just had the water pump recall done this afternoon. The part number is 06J-121-026-BG. My 2nd pump was BB.
Rayunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 10:02 AM   #287
alpha3
Touring Car Champion
 
Drives: '14 CSG GTI
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared32 View Post
Just got a letter in the mail for my 2012... I am planning on taking it on an extended trip and wondered if anyone has had issues with the new water pump? Would you guys change it? It's been replaced once that I know of already...
I just came in from a roadtrip to S. Carolina. No issues with the current pump, which is the 'BB' version I've had replaced once already. I subscribe to the mantra, ''if it ain't broke, don't fix it.''

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_rad91 View Post
I was at the dealer last weekend and asked about my car. The worker told me if you request the pump to be looked at and it's not leaking or anything then you cannot have the pump replaced later down the road it finally goes out. And yes it's good until December 2018 which is awesome!
And that's pure baloney from your particular dealer; it's on recall, they don't get to say all or nothing right then and there! I wish they wouldn't do crap like that, that's why they get a bad rap in a lot of places.

For example, as I said above, I just came in from a road trip. My GTI is right at 29,900 and due for the 30k check. Had the 'BB' pump put in last March when the orig one failed. So yesterday, it went in for the 30k check. Service writer tells me I'm on the list for the new pump and did I want it done then? I said it was running fine so far; could I wait and just have it done at the 40k check which is a biggie anyway, with DSG service and all. He said sure, no worries and if I changed my mind I could schedule the pump by itself anytime! This 'BB' version I have is holding pretty well so far so I'm hoping it will last to the 40k check.
alpha3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:30 PM   #288
Ina12K04GTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Drives: 2012 GTI, APR K04/ supporting mod
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSuits View Post
OMFG Yessss...now recall the HPFP and I'll be set
I had my hpfp & all four injectors replaced under warranty, even with all my mods.
Ina12K04GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:07 AM   #289
ashchuckton
FIA GT Newbie
 
ashchuckton's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI Base CSG DSG
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 790
Well folks I will soon be a member of the water pump club. This morning I noticed a few drips of coolant under my GTI. Called the dealer & made an appointment. I was told it will be covered under my 60K power train warranty. When I asked about the program that replaces these pumps even for cars beyond 60K the service writer acted as if he never heard of such a thing. That's interesting, is VW trying to save money it will need for fines? Hmmm.....

My thought is if your car is due a new water pump do it before VW runs out of money to buy new pumps.
__________________
2013 GTI CSG 2 door Base DSG > Shultz
ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #290
07stuntin6r
Rally Car Champion
 
Drives:
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 390
Even more reason to not have a VW anymore. They said they never had an issue with water pumps on the GTI. They thought it was strange lol
07stuntin6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:51 PM   #291
ashchuckton
FIA GT Newbie
 
ashchuckton's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI Base CSG DSG
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 790
Picked up my GTI on Friday with a new BG water pump installed. Drove home about 15 miles or so & pop the hood. Low on coolant & someone left a 1/2" drive ratchet on the pan under the engine??? It appeared to be rubbing on the crank pulley. Not good.

Called the service writer & went back over. I asked that the original tech not touch my car. The shop foreman took my car & I right back put it on the lift & inspected for damage done by the lost ratchet. No damage, but a pressure test of the cooling system did show my car was still leaking coolant.

I talked with the foreman & asked him about the tech who had worked on my car. When asked why the guy left a cheap Harbor Freight ratchet instead of a quality one the truth came out. This guy was not an A tech I was told. Then why was he working on my car? Added to the info about me & my GTI is the notation that only A techs will do the work from now on.

They gave me a loaner & said it would be done in the morning. Normally I would never let the dealer wash my car, but I was told their high end detail guy would wash my car. He does the Lambo, Ferrari's & Aston's so I said OK. Later the service writer called me & said one of the o-ring seals had been torn during installation. New seals were installed & all was good.

After a nice drive in the country in the loaner my wife & I stopped in to pick up my GTI. Really glad to get out of the loaner. A Passat with all the bells & whistles to me a German Camry. Holy cow my GTI looks like new. Washed inside out & waxed to boot. I was told the tech who screwed up is not employed their anymore. Turns this wasn't his only screw up, but certainly the last one there.

I know some folks would bitch their heads off about this screw up. Sometimes stuff happens. How they handled it was says what a great shop they really are. I'll use them again. For me a happy ending.





__________________
2013 GTI CSG 2 door Base DSG > Shultz

Last edited by ashchuckton; 09-26-2015 at 06:58 PM.
ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:40 AM   #292
07stuntin6r
Rally Car Champion
 
Drives:
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashchuckton View Post
Picked up my GTI on Friday with a new BG water pump installed. Drove home about 15 miles or so & pop the hood. Low on coolant & someone left a 1/2" drive ratchet on the pan under the engine??? It appeared to be rubbing on the crank pulley. Not good.

Called the service writer & went back over. I asked that the original tech not touch my car. The shop foreman took my car & I right back put it on the lift & inspected for damage done by the lost ratchet. No damage, but a pressure test of the cooling system did show my car was still leaking coolant.

I talked with the foreman & asked him about the tech who had worked on my car. When asked why the guy left a cheap Harbor Freight ratchet instead of a quality one the truth came out. This guy was not an A tech I was told. Then why was he working on my car? Added to the info about me & my GTI is the notation that only A techs will do the work from now on.

They gave me a loaner & said it would be done in the morning. Normally I would never let the dealer wash my car, but I was told their high end detail guy would wash my car. He does the Lambo, Ferrari's & Aston's so I said OK. Later the service writer called me & said one of the o-ring seals had been torn during installation. New seals were installed & all was good.

After a nice drive in the country in the loaner my wife & I stopped in to pick up my GTI. Really glad to get out of the loaner. A Passat with all the bells & whistles to me a German Camry. Holy cow my GTI looks like new. Washed inside out & waxed to boot. I was told the tech who screwed up is not employed their anymore. Turns this wasn't his only screw up, but certainly the last one there.

I know some folks would bitch their heads off about this screw up. Sometimes stuff happens. How they handled it was says what a great shop they really are. I'll use them again. For me a happy ending.






Kinda was expecting a pic of your car detailed....
07stuntin6r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 09:21 AM   #293
Jared32
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
Jared32's Avatar
 
Drives: CSG 2012 VW GTI
Join Date: May 2015
Location: We're all here, because we're not all there...;)
Posts: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07stuntin6r View Post
Kinda was expecting a pic of your car detailed....

Me too lol!!


Sent from my distracter to yours...
__________________
Vagcom~ Ultimate Racing downpipe, 42dd intake~ GFB DV+~ R8 coils~ Eurodyne stage 2~ E-tuned by Andy Samland...
Jared32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #294
ashchuckton
FIA GT Newbie
 
ashchuckton's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI Base CSG DSG
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 790
Ha! Never thought of that.



__________________
2013 GTI CSG 2 door Base DSG > Shultz
ashchuckton is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.