GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 07-21-2015, 02:13 PM   #29
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
I have the last 8 digits of my VIN# - someone tell me what the first #'s and letters are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
Sub'd. Saw it this morning. What if you're fine, they replace it to satisfied the open recall and that one leaks
This. I'm at 85k and don't have an issue with my pump. If I go get it replaced I'm likely to be worse off than if I leave it as-is. What's the chance this campaign will extend into the future if/when my pump does fail?
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:16 PM   #30
sticksabuser
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
I have the last 8 digits of my VIN# - someone tell me what the first #'s and letters are?

This. I'm at 85k and don't have an issue with my pump. If I go get it replaced I'm likely to be worse off than if I leave it as-is. What's the chance this campaign will extend into the future if/when my pump does fail?
WVWGV7AJ2 ?
sticksabuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:28 PM   #31
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Naw, didn't work for me. I had a dealer email that referred to the last 8 digits of my VIN, so I was hoping the first 9 were common between all GTI's. Because this didn't work I guess not
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:28 PM   #32
Taiso0019
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2016 Accord Sport
WVWHD7AJ1 <= Different year I suppose? Well I qualify but what cracks me up is how they describe the issue:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oops.PNG
Views:	301
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	49731

As far as I've seen from you unlucky gents it doesn't usually just leak 'slowly', it just takes a dump...

I suppose I'll wait til my last oil change with VW...Got a trip to DC next week and I'm more worried about a tech screwing up the replacement than my current pump going out.
2013 GTI DSG TR - Past
Taiso0019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:43 PM   #33
artemk93
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 KO4 GTI
wish we had more info, like is it a completely new water pump VW came out with, or just the latest revision that some people already have. I am at 31000 and had no problems so far.
artemk93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:21 PM   #34
ashchuckton
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Base CSG DSG
If it is a new improved water pump I'll have them replace it. If it is the same prone to failure water pump I'll wait until mine takes a dump before taking any action. It's encouraging that VW is going to do something. Fingers crossed for a permanent fix.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:26 PM   #35
gtiguy482
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: '13 CSG GTI Wolfsburg DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingdub View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeloHarmonics View Post
So I was pretty happy to see this thread at first... I just entered my VIN on the VW recalls site. According to the VW site, this is not a recall, but a service campaign. Remedy= "Your authorized Volkswagen dealer will inspect and, if necessary, replace the coolant pump in your vehicle."

My question is, how is this really anything different from the status quo? Did VW design a new water pump that they are reasonably confident will fix the issue? Or did they train the techs to install them with a different technique? I had my water pump replaced about 6 months ago with the BB rev and it's still okay, so I'm not sure what would happen if I brought my car into the dealership for this service campaign.

Seems like this would only be meaningful if I knew they were installing something that will last however long a water pump should actually last (years and years). Does anyone know what the difference between a recall and a service campaign will mean for us in this case?
Just checked the website and no hit on my 2013. Called customer care to make sure and she assured me there was not one on my car at the moment. She did say it could be expanded though. Not sure if they are just looking at certain engine codes or not right now. I know in humble mechanics video the one he was looking at that had failed was a ccta engine. His video was made well before this notice though. Just turned 48k on my ccta this morning and seems to be no issue yet. Just out of curiosity. What engine code do you guys have that are showing up with the recall/service campaign listed for yours? I have the extended warranty through 100k so i would be covered anyway. This is a good thing that they are doing something about it though.

Vagcom in Southeast TN
gtiguy482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:32 PM   #36
CMGTI
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '11 GTI
Nothing for me either
CMGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:34 PM   #37
miles69
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
nothing on my 2013 either.. strange
Old 07-21-2015, 03:38 PM   #38
CMGTI
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '11 GTI
Must be a non FL thing lol
CMGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:46 PM   #39
ViR
Touring Car Champion

Drives: GTI
My 2013 also has no recall..
Old 07-21-2015, 03:48 PM   #40
CarniifeX
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: '14 CW GTI
Mine shows up. '14 Wolfsburg. Had mine originally replaced at 10k and I'm now at 25k on that replacement pump.

I too am wondering if they made a newer revised one since. Or do I just wait until this one craps out?
Old 07-21-2015, 03:52 PM   #41
pashley
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI DSG black
My 2011 water pump failed at about 18K. Replaced under warranty last October. No idea if I now have the latest version. Anyone that gets this fix should post the part number so we can all check to see if we have the latest.
APR k04 - APR full carbonio intake - CTS TBE/TOP/TBP - do88 IC - fluidampr - ST X coilovers - H&R f/r sways - SuperPro ALK/ball joints - TyrolSport deadset kit - 034 upper strut/engine/trans mounts/SS brake lines/billet dogbone - R8 coilpacks/NGK plugs - MODA MD18s - Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 - various cosmetic mods
pashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:03 PM   #42
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMGTI View Post
Must be a non FL thing lol
FL resident here too, and it came up blank for me as well lol
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote