GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 07-22-2015, 09:41 AM   #71
charrigan
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GLI
My 13 GLI (cbfa) does not pull up anything open. Wonder why so many 13's aren't on the list.
charrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:58 AM   #72
dmarsh15
FIA GT Champion

Drives: Prius Killer
Nothing for my 2014 Wolfsburg MT CBFA
Unitronic CAI / GFB DV+ / Eibach RSB / JPM Shift Boot / Color Matched Markers / R8 Coils /
dmarsh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:07 AM   #73
Andrew429
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2-dr
We have 4 vw's: two 2011 gti's a 2008 gli and a 2012 Tiguan. My gti along with my brother's gti and dads gli had the water pumps replaced (Gli 2 times) but the Tiguan has been fine. No recall/service campaign showed up on any of them. All CBFA's
Old 07-22-2015, 10:15 AM   #74
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Im in Florida too. Nothing yet. CCTA

Edit*

Also i havent had any issues for the past 12k miles ive owned the car and their is no indication that my water pump had been replaced before i bought it CPO. Ill wait untill something happens and if my car shows up on the list then ill use that as a fall back in trying not to pay all cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:51 AM   #75
Ronnie_B
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI 4DR Wolfsburg 6MT
Nothing came up for my 2013 GTI CBFA (built date 6/13/13), however I spoke to Customer Service and they notified me that my car was flagged for a "Service Action" for the waterpump...which is different from a recall.

Mathew P said:
Looks like you do have a service action, which is different than a recall. They have different parameters. Looks like you're within the parameters so you just have to make a dealership appointment and they will take care of this for you.
Mathew P said:
The service action has to be done within the new vehicle limited warranty (3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first).

I indicated that my car was CPO with extended warranty for 2yr/24k miles, he still claimed that the service action is only valid for the initial 3yr/36mi warranty. I guess it doesn't really matter, because if the waterpump pump fails within the 60k mile warranty it'll be covered...but the way they're going about this is confusing. I'd rather have the assurance that they've redesigned the seal on the pump so that it's not so prone to failure. I'm willing to replace my waterpump myself provided I know that the seal has been resolved.

I'm hesitant to let the dealership replace mine at all considering the "quality" of work I've seen performed and jobs rushed. I'll be watching this one.
/// 2013 Wolfsburg GTI w/ leather, APR Stage 1 v2.4 93 tune, RSR Clutch, iABED RMS, Carbonio Stage 1 Intake, Vibrant Resonator on stock catback, Diesel Geek short shifter, NewSouth Boost Gauge, SuperPro ALK, Stoptech 309 Pads, Motul RBF600 Fluid, Michelin PSS on OZ 17" Omnia (Summer), Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 on Serrons(Winter), Depo R LED Tails.
Ronnie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:32 AM   #76
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 13 CSG
Spoke to customer service this morning. My vehicle has no active warranty actions or service actions. She said they will roll out more in the future as they investigate the issue, but she reassured me that regardless I'm covered under the powertrain warranty.

This is just a concern of mine since I bought the car as its my daily driver. I feel like it's just a matter of time haha

sent from a milk tea shop
Unitronic Stage 2/Unitronic Stage 1 DSG Tune/APR Downpipe/Neuspeed Catback/Miro Shit Wheels/30% all around/Solo Werks S1 Coilovers/TTRS Strut Mounts/Unitronic Intake/Unitronic Intercooler/Soundaktor Delete/GFB DV+/R8 Coils/Spulen Discharge Pipe/Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete/034 Motorsports Billet Insert/034 Motorsports Street Density Motor and Trans Mounts/ECS Tuning Rear Sway Bar THE BUILD THREAD
Trytun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 11:48 AM   #77
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmoose View Post
If improper installations are happening at a factory/dealership level, I doubt any regular Joe Shmoe would have an easy time doing it too. Not saying it's impossible or anything. It's just that installing one properly might require a little more attention to detail than swapping other parts. Otherwise we wouldn't be having these widespread problems coming from improperly installed pumps.

Having a stealership replace it holds them accountable by leaving a paper trail behind. The fact that it'll now be done for free makes the decision even easier.
Mine is going on 29K miles without any leaks since I installed it before 60K. The VW tech is on a timeline to get it replaced. Plus, they don't get "brownie" points for cleaning the work area. Do you really think they are going to take that extra 2 minutes to wipe things down? I highly doubt it.

You're more than welcome to have them install it and half-ass the work if you like. Not my car so I could care less.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:48 AM   #78
TRUboost
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 CSG GTI/'13 CW GLI
Nothing for me. Early build 2012 CCTA. Never had an issue with it though so not worried about it.
TRUboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 02:09 PM   #79
blingdub
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI MK6 Autobahn MT, Uni 1+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie_B View Post
Mathew P said:
Looks like you do have a service action, which is different than a recall. They have different parameters. Looks like you're within the parameters so you just have to make a dealership appointment and they will take care of this for you.
Mathew P said:
The service action has to be done within the new vehicle limited warranty (3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever occurs first).
does that mean this "service action" doesn't apply to anyone out of warranty? doesn't sound right...
blingdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #80
project92raddoslc
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2016 GOLF R
This service action has been put on hold as of yesterday afternoon, a few hours after the release. As in...taken off of all car's warranty data as well as the recall listing. As of right now the recall is not open to anyone.

Service Writer--North Penn VW Colmar, PA
project92raddoslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:12 PM   #81
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
^ Where did you get this info?
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:21 PM   #82
charrigan
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
^ Where did you get this info?
he is a vw service writer
charrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:31 PM   #83
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Well then, that's a good source

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:34 PM   #84
XGC75
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: into shit
Hm. Yes. Good sauce is good. But can he tell us WHY the service bulletin went out in the first place? Or, why it was retracted?
XGC75 is offline   Reply With Quote