GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 07-22-2015, 04:42 PM   #85
sticksabuser
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
Hm. Yes. Good sauce is good. But can he tell us WHY the service bulletin went out in the first place? Or, why it was retracted?
Maybe they're revising it. I guess wait and see is the only thing we can do/
sticksabuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:22 PM   #86
Gberg2119
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2017 Golf R
Quote:
Hm. Yes. Good sauce is good. But can he tell us WHY the service bulletin went out in the first place? Or, why it was retracted?
This.

I wonder why it was pulled. I'm on pump #3 so far and I come up empty on the recall site.

Gberg2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:35 PM   #87
zrickety
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 130k+
Many times a recall like this is only for vehicles that haven't had the service. If VW already replaced the pump, that's all you get. This was the case with the Mini Cooper timing chains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:16 PM   #88
project92raddoslc
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2016 GOLF R
Quote:
I wish I could answer that for you but I have no idea. They did a prerelease notification then released it next day, then retracted just hours later. I'd put some money on a vw corp guy getting fired over a premature release though.

Gen3 pumps are still failing so I don't expect there's a good pump in circulation yet. I also think there's an underlying issue and the pump is just the weakest link and goes first. We've seen that the cars with several replacement pumps end up with a leaking radiator at some point. This has only been on less than 10 cars in the past year but worth noting. Will add more info as it becomes available to me.

Service Writer--North Penn VW Colmar, PA
project92raddoslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:18 PM   #89
project92raddoslc
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrickety View Post
Many times a recall like this is only for vehicles that haven't had the service. If VW already replaced the pump, that's all you get. This was the case with the Mini Cooper timing chains.
They identify a group of VIN that were effected by the bad parts. You typically get the updated part if you got a bad # or if your number is updated its a check only and not a replace.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:40 PM   #90
Fingolfin
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2014 GTI, CW DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by project92raddoslc View Post

Gen3 pumps are still failing so I don't expect there's a good pump in circulation yet.
If that is the case maybe they just gave up on trying to band-aid it via minor component revisions and started some kind of service campaign.
Fingolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:58 PM   #91
rawbdog
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: Bird shit stained cute snatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvturbo View Post
It's not that difficult to replace. And why would you want the dealership to replace it every 10K miles anyways??
It may not be difficult to replace but since I've never done one I really don't want to learn on my DD. and every 10k miles? Never said I wanted that done. But knock on wood, I am stock and drive the hell out of the car every day and haven't had a single hiccup. 46k miles in a year and 7 months must be what helps LOL.
rawbdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:58 AM   #92
nvturbo
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2012 VW VERSA hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawbdog View Post
It may not be difficult to replace but since I've never done one I really don't want to learn on my DD. and every 10k miles? Never said I wanted that done. But knock on wood, I am stock and drive the hell out of the car every day and haven't had a single hiccup. 46k miles in a year and 7 months must be what helps LOL.
It's either DIY, pay an indy shop or deal with the stealership. When mine started leaking, I didn't want to bother the latter because I just don't trust those mofos: that's why I replaced it myself. It's not as bad as you think. If you know how to tinker on cars, you can manage.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:43 AM   #93
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvturbo View Post
It's either DIY, pay an indy shop or deal with the stealership. When mine started leaking, I didn't want to bother the latter because I just don't trust those mofos: that's why I replaced it myself. It's not as bad as you think. If you know how to tinker on cars, you can manage.
How much was the part and approx how long was the job? Any specialty tools required?
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:30 AM   #94
project92raddoslc
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
How much was the part and approx how long was the job? Any specialty tools required?
parts are approx. $325 w/ coolant. labor is about 2.70 hours for warranty rate or if you're paying for it approx. 4.00 hours.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:40 AM   #95
APRMK6GTi
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
parts are approx. $325 w/ coolant. labor is about 2.70 hours for warranty rate or if you're paying for it approx. 4.00 hours.
so is the service campaign forever gone?
2012 CSG GTI 6SPD | APR Tuned | AWE K04 | APR Carbonio | IE FDS IC | 42DD DP | Magnaflow CBE | Neuspeed TOP/ACP | GFB DV+ | DG S6 | OEM MSB | Verdict SBB | HST RSR | ECS Bleeder Block | SuperPro LCA/ALK | 034 TAI | AST/GC | OZ | TT-RS Brakes | Whiteline 24MM F&R | Tyrolsport | Unibrace XB/UB/RB | EuroSport LB | Euro OEM LED | OEM Aero Parts | P3 |
Nor Cal VW Drivers Club Feel free to join!
APRMK6GTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:03 PM   #96
project92raddoslc
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by APRMK6GTi View Post
so is the service campaign forever gone?
This is the only information I have from VW:
Quote:
We would like to inform you that the 19K5 service action has been temporarily deactivated. Please hold on to the currently allocated parts for this campaign. Any repairs performed today can be processed as normal through SAGA. We will inform you when this campaign will be reactivated.
They sent us specific repair parts so I expect something is coming.

Old 07-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #97
Ronnie_B
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI 4DR Wolfsburg 6MT
Quote:
This is the only information I have from VW:

They sent us specific repair parts so I expect something is coming.

Here's hoping for an updated waterpump to resolve this issue once and for all. Thanks for the update.
/// 2013 Wolfsburg GTI w/ leather, APR Stage 1 v2.4 93 tune, RSR Clutch, iABED RMS, Carbonio Stage 1 Intake, Vibrant Resonator on stock catback, Diesel Geek short shifter, NewSouth Boost Gauge, SuperPro ALK, Stoptech 309 Pads, Motul RBF600 Fluid, Michelin PSS on OZ 17" Omnia (Summer), Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 on Serrons(Winter), Depo R LED Tails.
Ronnie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #98
Cbax38
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2013 CW 4-dr GTI w/nav/conv/sun/HID
Just an fyi, i brought my 2013 27k miles in 2 days ago for water pump failure, just got the car back today and the service manager said it was a redesigned pump. Who knows though.
Cbax38 is offline   Reply With Quote