GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
As it seems the OG BT thread is coming/has come to an end. Thought I'd start off another for all discussion to carry on.
Link to OG thread:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15335&page=500

Current/active U.S. TSI BT members

Member: WHP - Turbo Kit - Fuel - Tuner - Clutch

1. apa11393: 599.45whp - CTS GTX3076R - 91 Pump + Meth (5th injector) - Eurodyne
  2. U20T: 476awhp - FFE Twinscroll 6262 - 93 Pump + Meth - Unitronic - DSG
    Previous: 575fwhp - FFE 5858 - 93 Pump + Meth - Unitronic - FX400
  3. jettaglx91: 458whp - APR GT3071R-WG - Race Gas - APR - SB stage 3 drop in disc. Stock DMFW
  4. HYDE16: SAE 447whp / 422TQ - Pag Parts EFR 7163 - 93 Pump (two twin spray Bosch EV14 injectors) + DP Meth with Eurodyne at 26.5psi and 18.75 degrees of timing on a 424xLC2 Dual Eddy Current All Wheel Drive dynamometer.
  5. Cadubya: 435whp(22psi)- GTX2971-WG- Race Gas- Eurodyne- RSR pressure plate Stock DMFW
  6. s word: 401whp - ATP GTX2867R - 91 Pump + Meth - Eurodyne - GIAC DSG
  7. A3-Owner: 373awhp - APR Stage 3 GTX2867R - 91 Pump Gas - United Motorsports Tune(Audi A3 DSG Quattro TSI)
  8. GreasyGinzo: 372whp- APR stage 3 GTX2867 - 93 Pump- APR tune
  9. James9120: 368whp - CTS GT3071R - 93 Pump - Eurodyne
  10. jettaglis: 349whp - ATP GT3076R-WG - 93 Pump - Unitronic - SB Stage 2 Enduro

Retired:

GTR Killer/Fireball9298: 509whp - APR GT3071R-WG - 93 Pump + Meth - Custom Tune- SB stage 2++ Enduro
RGTI13: 470whp - VAP Motorsports GT3071R - 93 Pump + Meth - Eurodyne - DSG

The above people have provided verified dyno graphs.
The below people have provided their mouths

1. Kern417: :(whp - CTS GTX3071R - 93 Pump - etuners- FX350
  2. *****2.0t: ~has no idea(waiting for dyno) - APR GT3071R-WG - 93 pump + meth- Eurodyne - SB drop in disk w/ prototype PP that was never released. Stock DMFW
  3. Erball: ~has no idea whp(waiting for dyno) - AFI Manifold + GTX3071r - 93 Pump LNFS + 5th injector + Meth- etuners- FX350

Updated: 1/27/16

From a fan....:thumbup:
Ive followed this thread and every post of the last BT thread. The amount of knowledge and work you guys are doing is amazing. I commend each and every one of you. I also follow your build threads. Even though I cant afford to go BT I follow all of this in excitement to see how far you can push this platform.

The amount of work that you guys have put in the past few weeks is pretty impressive. If I ever get to the point I can go BT I will be in here to pick your brains. Please keep up the awesome work.

1st pic!

Last edited:

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I would guess my numbers are in the same guesstimate range as jettaglis. Once I get my motor in, official ones will come.

EDIT: And RJ (RGTI13)'s last (posted) dyno was 420whp IIRC. But I'm sure he'll chime in.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Can we make a FAQ in the main thread, questions like "Can I make 650whp on stock engine or do I need to Pistons" or my personal favorite, "can I go BT for $2000 or less?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Can we make a FAQ in the main thread, questions like "Can I make 650whp on stock engine or do I need to Pistons"

Since we don't really know any "FAQ" we probably shouldn't make one. LOL. The FAQ used to be you need rods at 350whp, and that been shot in the dark. And since we were all off on when we need rods, we are probably REALLY off on when/if we need pistons. A basic, this turbo plus this tuning +/- meth will get you "around" this power may be helpful I guess though.

EDIT:

my personal favorite, "can I go BT for $2000 or less?"

That's a yes :)

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Since we don't really know any "FAQ" we probably shouldn't make one. LOL. The FAQ used to be you need rods at 350whp, and that been shot in the dark. And since we were all off on when we need rods, we are probably REALLY off on when/if we need pistons. A basic, this turbo plus this tuning +/- meth will get you "around" this power may be helpful I guess though.

EDIT:

That's a yes :)

I'm still being sarcastic lol

thats a good idea. do you mean the OG post?

I mean in your first post on this thread. To answer all the newb questions. Maybe make a list of the most popular kits too with the expected power levels and potential

Can I go back to bed now [emoji42]