GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 12-14-2015, 08:20 PM   #57
NoSpark
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 GTI Autobahn
MFactory LSD (for DSG) just showed up today. I'm getting it installed in a few weeks and I can let you know my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cosmetic: Vacar LED Tails w/fog | Euro Switch | Euro Cup Holder | 30% 3M Tint | Carbon Vinyl Wrap
NoSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:31 PM   #58
mikejsmith1985
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 Candy White GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSpark View Post
MFactory LSD (for DSG) just showed up today. I'm getting it installed in a few weeks and I can let you know my thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
That would be awesome thanks! good luck and happy modding! 😊
Need a custom vinyl decal or 3D printed item for your GTI? Send me a PM!
Need help with Eurodyne Tuning:
www.tunemaestro.com
mikejsmith1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:39 PM   #59
mikejsmith1985
Formula 5000 Driver

So this filament is too expensive to keep testing at this scale with. It wasn't awful. But I had some warping and stringing but I'll get it figured out at a smaller scale and reprint in the future. This position keeps the gauges and the radio completely visible but does take up a lot of windshield. I'll probably modify the model so instead of 2 holes it's one long slit making it infinitely adjustable between the top and bottom most points but here it is at last!

www.tunemaestro.com
Old 12-19-2015, 02:09 PM   #60
mikejsmith1985
Formula 5000 Driver

So I've got nearly 1700 miles on the base tune and F23 now. The car still makes me smile and I've driven it more in the last few weeks than I have since we bought the Volvo (family car) last year. I can happily report that my "sports car" is finally faster than my SUV family hauler. If you want to go out and beat it the tune is great, driving around town isn't really a problem at all either. In fact my wife didn't even notice a difference when she drove it. However with extended seat time and running it through all the paces there are a couple of "gotchas" with the tune. It will stutter a bit when you do a partial throttle acceleration, say switching lanes to go around a car, You don't really want to squeal the tires but you don't want to disrupt the flow of traffic in the other lane so with moderate pedal modulation you zoom away after a short period of lag and what are we doing race car or driving miss daisy decision the car leans toward race car... It will drive miss daisy no problem but there are some hiccups between the two. Its a very streetable tune, and I'm not knocking it at all just sharing my thoughts and experiences. I plan on getting a DSG tune and a proper dyno tune as soon as I can now that I feel I've give this tune a comprehensive test. We'll have the Volvo back early next week and we won't be putting many miles on the GTI for a while again.
www.tunemaestro.com
Old 12-25-2015, 10:09 PM   #61
mikejsmith1985
Formula 5000 Driver

Mery Christmas and Happy Holidays to those who celebrate other holidays!

Looks like I may have my first auto cross day coming up. A relative has challenged me to a race in February. No idea where it is or what day but he's supposed to get me the info in the coming week. He's a diehard Miata fan and makes fun of my FWD Automatic... Of course on a true road course or at the drag strip he wouldn't stand a chance he has an 05 with coils and an upgraded clutch, light weight wheels and some summer tires. Not sure if I'll be able to keep up on a tight technical course especially if I'm still on all seasons but I'm looking forward to getting her out on the track!
www.tunemaestro.com
Old 01-01-2016, 09:41 AM   #62
mikejsmith1985
Formula 5000 Driver

mikejsmith1985: 2012 GTI Autobahn

Happy New Year!

Thinking plans for this year will be:
-DSG Tune
-Dyno Tune
-Suspension overhaul
-Wheels and/or tires
www.tunemaestro.com
Old 01-03-2016, 10:18 PM   #63
mikejsmith1985
Formula 5000 Driver

So I'm struggling to get a Dyno shop to return an email, guess I'll make a few calls this week... If anyone is in the Cincinnati area and has a suggested tuner let me know!

No update from Eurodyne yet on uploading the file for my DSG tune. I'm really anxious to get some suspension mods going but I think for the longevity of the car t I'm probably better off spending my $$ on a Dyno and DSG tune first.
www.tunemaestro.com
Old 01-09-2016, 09:43 AM   #64
mikejsmith1985
Formula 5000 Driver

So it looks like I'll be driving 8-10 hours minimum for a Dyno tune.

Anyone have an opinion on which is more "important" right now the Dyno or DSG tune? Car drives fine at the moment my thought is that if I get a Dyno tune I'll probably have some of the torque tuned out in the low end and it would be safer for the DSG, however at the power levels the car makes with k04 and even stage 2 many people recommend the DSG tune. Let me hear your thoughts please.
www.tunemaestro.com
Old 01-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #65
blue_mkvi_gti
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 SB MK6 GTI Eurodyne Stage 2
It's too bad none of use really know how to use Maestro. I want to do the same as you with the torque, would be nice because it's free. I went from APR stage 2 to Eurodyne stage 2 and started getting slippage right away. It seems from others' experience with k04 and BT the DSG can handle the torque with an appropriate TCU tune. I'd get the DSG tune first. Any word from Eurodyne?
Eurodyne ECU+DSG Stage 2 GolfMK6 abomination: 2010_carbon_gti's H&R rsb, ///Audience's 034 street density motor and transmission mounts, naDintheHat's Autotech dogbone insert, Muratti's SPM fsb, tjbell's SPM catback, wwgti2.0t's GFB DV+, TheJakofallTrads' Team Dynamics wheels, DSR7's winter wheels/tires, someone's Carbonio and Eurojet DP; and my Powergrid end links, Deautokey LED everything, Neuspeed TOP & TBP, and Whiteline ALK.
blue_mkvi_gti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:28 AM   #66
mikejsmith1985
Formula 5000 Driver

Yes Eurodyne let me know Monday my file is available. My issue with tuning myself is that this file was built by professionals, which I'm not. I trust myself to get a tune that drives but not to get a tune that performs in a specific way especially with only being able to street tune... So I haven't even tried to tune this with my DSM it was much easier. There are 1000 threads on what each variable should read in open/closed loop etc. not to mention the fact that when I started the car it would idle rough so you knew you had to tweak idle and build on your knowledge from there. With this setup the car runs and drives strong I have no idea where to begin to gain power but take out torque. EBC is all new to me too. But I'm leaning to the DSG tune first also. Maybe H2o or SoWo will have Dyno tuners and I can make a vacation out of it...
www.tunemaestro.com
Old 01-10-2016, 02:44 PM   #67
mikejsmith1985
Formula 5000 Driver

Looks like it's going to be DSG tune next. Planning on doing it tomorrow so I can reach out for tech support if I run into issues. Definitely happening this week though!
www.tunemaestro.com
Old 01-21-2016, 09:17 PM   #68
mikejsmith1985
Formula 5000 Driver

I'm probably over due for an update, I had a couple of small delays getting the DSG flashed but I did get it done. It was pretty painless just make sure you're using the maestro buttons not the power tap cable buttons.

The car seems to drive really well now that sort of stutter it had seems to have been resolved. I feel like the car is a bit more refined maybe even faster now. I wish I knew what all the DSG flash changed. I feel like traction control doesn't come on as often now but that's probably just in my head. It's been really cold here so I've only got about 15 miles on the car since the flash.

I installed a dash cubby this evening to hold my VCDS and ED cables.

I spent some time planning out my suspension/chassis mods, and my wife and I have been talking about possibly pursuing the AWD swap. No idea what the future holds right now. I think I'm done making changes for a while. I need to focus on getting everything in line to put up the new garage when it warms up.
www.tunemaestro.com
Old 01-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #69
mikejsmith1985
Formula 5000 Driver

Does anyone know if DSG tune has any effect on the operation of XDS?
www.tunemaestro.com
Old 02-07-2016, 09:05 AM   #70
mikejsmith1985
Formula 5000 Driver

Found a New dyno shop relatively close. They've never tuned a European car but have experience with LSx motors and several Japanese manufacturers. I'm going to schedule some time to just get a baseline with the current tune and I guess ongoing to start learning how to really tune and see about getting dyno time to self tune my car... We'll see how things progress over the next few months.
www.tunemaestro.com