GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 Gti Stg 1 vs Mk7 R stock...

bernardryan

Ready to race!
I can't wait for him to get his R, and I can record some videos on a stage 1 Gti...

I will lose, no doubt, just how badly... Thats what i want to record...

5s 0-100 for MK7 r in my country...
6.2s 0-100 for MK6 Gti - what I tested, not official tho...

Stay tuned for videos..

Of course from Dig, I would be left bus lenghts, but maybe from rolling 50kmh and 80kmh...

We'll see...

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
That R is going to absolutely DESTROY you. Seriously. We are talking bus lengths from a roll. From a dig, well, don't even bother lol.

I am interested in seeing the video though :)

Sauce118

Ready to race!
That R is going to absolutely DESTROY you. Seriously. We are talking bus lengths from a roll. From a dig, well, don't even bother lol.

I am interested in seeing the video though :)

I was impressed with stage 1, even more so with stage 2, but stock mk7 R is FASTER. ALOT FASTER. like he said. Dead from a roll. Stomped on from dig

+1 above

Really? Stock MK7 R's trap what, 105? It shouldn't be anymore than 1 bus length, IMO, from like 40-100mph. I guess that is a lot lol...

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
You know how brave us K04 guys are on the roads. Sort of like small puppies chasing after cars. Well, when it comes to 7R's or the new S3, I don't even try to race them from the line, I'll give them a go when we are rolling - but that's the only time I'll be brave enough to waste petrol lol.

bernardryan

Ready to race!
Lol.. the comments are making me excited to see how the 7R would DESTROY me..

I'll get 2 cameras, 1 facing the road ahead and 1 facing my odometer (if possible)...

No point putting the camera in the 7R.. lol.. he would just see a blank road ahead.. lol

I don't even want to try from a dig.. but i'll do it for "science" and a video..

From a roll, hoping to at least keep it within 1 bus lenght.. Btw, all GTIs and Rs in my country are DSG... so it would be the top spec vs top spec for both cars..

radplaid

I am really interested to see this. I have an apr stage 1 GLI (2009) and a stock (2013) golf R, and the gli is hands down faster from any start speed. I realize the mk7 r has more power than the 6, I am just really curious now.

radplaid

You know how brave us K04 guys are on the roads. Sort of like small puppies chasing after cars. Well, when it comes to 7R's or the new S3, I don't even try to race them from the line, I'll give them a go when we are rolling - but that's the only time I'll be brave enough to waste petrol lol.

If you've got a mkvi gti with a k04 upgrade you should be destroying an S3 or a mkvii R stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeoSA1

Ready to race!
If you've got a mkvi gti with a k04 upgrade you should be destroying an S3 or a mkvii R stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a rolling race, maybe. From a dig - no way in hell. 4wd launch on an S3/7R even completely stock > any MK6 GTi K04.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
in 4 destruction vids

spessx

Ready to race!
I had a stage 1 Mk6 and I have 7 R 6mt now. The R isn't broken in yet so I haven't run it all the way through the gears, but the GTI felt just as fast.

bernardryan

Ready to race!
Sorry guys.. some delays with the dealer.. They apparently have to ship the MK7r DSG from Wolfsburg.. so another 1.5 weeks delay..

spessx... You need to really push the mk7r to really see the difference.. i doubt it feels "just as fast"... it should feel "OMG, wtf... " followed by a ear-to-ear file..

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Sorry guys.. some delays with the dealer.. They apparently have to ship the MK7r DSG from Wolfsburg.. so another 1.5 weeks delay..

spessx... You need to really push the mk7r to really see the difference.. i doubt it feels "just as fast"... it should feel "OMG, wtf... " followed by a ear-to-ear file..
Did the dsg fail or something?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk