GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 04-20-2016, 09:33 AM   #57
blower
Oval Newbie

Drives: Golf GT mk6 1.4 tsi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by siutin View Post
So, you meant that there is problem of APR 's chip tuning?
Yes, the APR map for 1.4 TSI's (twincharged) can have issues with some engines. Many of the greek tuners have had similar issues with APR maps where the 1.4 TSI is far more prevalent in greece.

Two problems arise - random misfires across all cylinders under maximum load around 4000rpm and intermittent boost limp mode.

The misfires seem to occur from overfueling with lambda as low as 0.7 and AFR 10.3. Engines with the newer revision injectors (used in most, but not all, mid 2010 engines onwards) have a wider spray pattern which can foul the sparks under heavy fueling - causing misfires.

The boost limp is where the engine suddenly drops back to stock boost levels and stays there for a while, with requested boost only being stock. It seems stem from actual boost consistently exceeding requested boost (lack of N75 control with it stuck at 100% duty for too long). Although it could be caused by something else, possibly false engine knock detection.

Anyway i got that map taken off, they did try to give me a tamer map but that was even worse and would boost limp almost immediately on a WOT. It is possible i have some other engine issues that don't show up on stock, but i can't find any from the logs and compression is good, i know ignition and the fueling system is good....if there is an internal issue such as poor valve sealing then it will all be resolved when i do all the head work.

Last edited by blower; 04-20-2016 at 09:40 AM.
blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:27 AM   #58
siutin
Ready to race!

Drives: GOLF MK6
Blower, you are the god of car to me!
Please shine me the way to the best brand of tunung I shall go for, other than APR! Thanks!

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-N910U 發送
siutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:27 PM   #59
blower
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by siutin View Post
Blower, you are the god of car to me!
Please shine me the way to the best brand of tunung I shall go for, other than APR! Thanks!

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-N910U 發送

Revo is the best off the shelf map for this engine.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:02 PM   #60
siutin
Ready to race!

Drives: GOLF MK6
Thanks the god of car!

I will go for it after I fix my gearbox problem!

Maybe I tell you, see if you have any clue for this.
I think its normal during acceleration that the engine speed increase, and then shift to a upper gear, say from 1 to 2, and then the engine RPM drop back say to 1500 and then increase again to around 2000 and then shift up another gear, say from 2 to 3.

But my gearbox / computer (I donno which thing gone wron) do it like this:
at gear 2, RPM increase to 2000, then DROP back to 1500, and then increase to 2100 around, and shift up to gear 3.

For the whole process, I did not give a deeper step to the peddle or release from the peddle. I just keep constant press to the peddle.

I wonder what is happening for my car.

Perhaps I shall not ask here, just see if you can give me any piece of opinion.

Million thanks!
The god of car!
siutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:01 PM   #61
Shadowcat

Drives: Golf 1.4TSI Mk6
Hi, greetings from Singapore. I enjoyed reading the thread as I'm on the search for a stg1 upgrade. I had my mind on APR for now and those that are running APR stg1 here in SG have not mentioned anything about misfiring issues. I wonder of there has been any upgrade to the APR map eversince you had yours done.
Shadowcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:29 AM   #62
mataempat
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Golf Mk6 1.4 TSI 160
I'm on APR latest map v2.2. The only thing went south on mine was the DSG clutch that had to be changed some 50000km ago due to slippage. I am also using different spark plugs, NGK BKR7EIX. No problem so far. I'm at 158787km on the odo this morning.
mataempat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:40 PM   #63
Shadowcat

Drives: Golf 1.4TSI Mk6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mataempat View Post
I'm on APR latest map v2.2. The only thing went south on mine was the DSG clutch that had to be changed some 50000km ago due to slippage. I am also using different spark plugs, NGK BKR7EIX. No problem so far. I'm at 158787km on the odo this morning.
Thanx bro for the reply. What's the torque number you are producing? I read about the 7-speed DSG has a max torque rating of 250nm.
Shadowcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:08 PM   #64
rawcpoppa
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2012 Volkswagen Jetta
Anyone in here changed mounts for the transmission and engine?

I changed the left mount and I'm researching whether to go back with oem or updated for the dog-bone/rear mount. Or should I just replace the bushings for this dog bone mount and keep the oem dog bone?
rawcpoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:30 PM   #65
blower
Oval Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawcpoppa View Post
Anyone in here changed mounts for the transmission and engine?

I changed the left mount and I'm researching whether to go back with oem or updated for the dog-bone/rear mount. Or should I just replace the bushings for this dog bone mount and keep the oem dog bone?
I renewed the lower transmission mount with a new oem - made only a slight difference, old one wasn't that worn, there was a brand new subframe going for 50 on ebay, so couldn't resist to replace the whole lot at that price, new genuine mounts would have cost the same and would have needed a hydraulic press to install.

I am thinking of this insert for the lower transmission mount as its supposed to not increase NVH but greatly tighten up the shifts and reduce wheel hop : https://store.034motorsport.com/bill...udi-tt-a3.html

I would also like to fit a new OEM upper transmission mount, as that's definitely got some play to it.....but i believe that the most gain is in the lower transmission mount in the subframe - that's the one which 'gives' the most under acceleration and gear changes. I think replacing the bushings in the dogbone arm itself will gain you very little, if anything.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:16 PM   #66
rawcpoppa
Go Kart Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by blower View Post
I renewed the lower transmission mount with a new oem - made only a slight difference, old one wasn't that worn, there was a brand new subframe going for 50 on ebay, so couldn't resist to replace the whole lot at that price, new genuine mounts would have cost the same and would have needed a hydraulic press to install.

I am thinking of this insert for the lower transmission mount as its supposed to not increase NVH but greatly tighten up the shifts and reduce wheel hop : https://store.034motorsport.com/bill...udi-tt-a3.html

I would also like to fit a new OEM upper transmission mount, as that's definitely got some play to it.....but i believe that the most gain is in the lower transmission mount in the subframe - that's the one which 'gives' the most under acceleration and gear changes. I think replacing the bushings in the dogbone arm itself will gain you very little, if anything.

Haven't seen any updates here in a while. I hope all is well.

I ended up changing the transmission mount and also replaced the pendulum mount and my vibration issues disappeared.

I have also since installed an autopolar fis+ and began measuring different things. I did not realize this car records misfires for the car's life! I was horrified to see these figures on each cylinder. I do not and have never felt any of these misfires. The car has no error codes and no dash lights and feels normal while driving.

These misfires occur seemingly randomly and usually after lifting odd the throttle in 3,4 or 5th gear at low speeds. I am due to change spark plugs as part of regular maintenance but these figures surely have been occurring from factory considering that the car is 4.5 years old. Compression test shows 140 psi across all cylinders.

Would this be due to valve carbon deposits?
Old 10-25-2016, 05:49 PM   #67
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
im so glad the US doesnt get the wacky tiny displacement engines most of the world gets. This twincharged 1.4 is interesting but the turbo 1.0L focus you guys get is crazy
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:55 PM   #68
rawcpoppa
Go Kart Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
im so glad the US doesnt get the wacky tiny displacement engines most of the world gets. This twincharged 1.4 is interesting but the turbo 1.0L focus you guys get is crazy

You do get tiny displacement engines now though. I would classify this 1.4 as wacky not because of the displacement but because of poor implementation.

The single turbo 1.4 engine that the us also gets has none of the reliability issues the twinchargers has. Nothing is inherently wrong with smaller displacement with turbo. That 1.0 litre turbo is nice.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:00 PM   #69
Cadubya
DUBYA

Drives: 2011 K04 GTI 4DR 6MT
1.4 TSI Twincharger (160) Stage 1 / 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawcpoppa View Post
You do get tiny displacement engines now though. I would classify this 1.4 as wacky not because of the displacement but because of poor implementation.

The single turbo 1.4 engine that the us also gets has none of the reliability issues the twinchargers has. Nothing is inherently wrong with smaller displacement with turbo. That 1.0 litre turbo is nice.

We get a 1.4 vw engine in the US? Craziness. I thought the 1.8 was the smallest. I also heard that displacement is going to go back up because if the way emissions testing is being done.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:12 PM   #70
rawcpoppa
Go Kart Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadubya View Post
We get a 1.4 vw engine in the US? Craziness. I thought the 1.8 was the smallest. I also heard that displacement is going to go back up because if the way emissions testing is being done.

Jetta facelift in the us has a 1.4t base option. So you choose either 1.4 or 1.8 turbo in the Jetta or 2.0t in the Jetta gli.

I read that article too but I don't see engines going up in size past 2.0T. I suspect they may move from 1-1.4 to 1.5-1.8t. Just my guess.