GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Full DeAutoKey HID/LED setup for Halogen Housing

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
When you get the video uploaded will it be posted here or on Facebook, etc.?

I forward info, they don't have the time to do this right away, but if other members with our kit will they will most likely post it here, we feel they will have an accurate view of how it looks, we seen this in person and others have to, the video won't and should not show anything different than what we saw in person.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
No worries, I understand you guys are busy. Will be looking forward to your video in the coming months as you make time for it! :)

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
No worries, I understand you guys are busy. Will be looking forward to your video in the coming months as you make time for it! :)

I have seen videos of the xenon projectors in videos - they look blinding but in person they do not - look them up on youtube.

We are not sure if you are requesting this to compare to the video you posted before? But that is not what ours will be like at all, we feel they will look the same as the projectors/xenon.

Video paused and SS - near impossible to really tell anything all OEM xenon/projector from factory except left hand top/bottom:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Nice! Post a link to your video here once you get it uploaded so we can check it out!

You tube oem bi-xenon mk6 and the videos will show.

Don't get us wrong, we understand what you want and why you are posting, you are 100% right, xenon in reflectors suck and blind you, I'm blinded daily :( But I was never blinded by our H7RC kit and drove by many in my area as I help install them, and where we are located cops check for tint and xenon headlights all the time.

We never had one customer have an issue either.

They would not sell something that would blind others and the reason why deAuto has me on the forums informing and not simply selling tons of h7 xenon bulbs on ebay/amazon, in my opinion it would be more profitable for them, however knowing deAuto and the people that own it are not ones to worry about profit over quality and the reason why I am here posting vs making amazon/ebay listings for them.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
TTT. Not completely done updating the OP with all the pictures and stuff, but let me know what you think so far.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
AND DONE!

Sauce118

Ready to race!
Hahahaha wow. I see what u were talking about now ouss!!

godsspeed

Passed Driver's Ed
would a video even please you're doubts?! I mean, you can still argue about camera settings, car height of car with deautokeys bulbs as well as the drive height of the other car... and i bet one could argue that every OE projector housing emits 0 defects/hotspots/etc? doubt it.

Im not sure what year it was 'required' for any car with stock HID to have auto leveling sensors/mechanisms but i would be interested to know if hids were offered BEFORE this requirement was mandated. and if that is the case, boom... youre argument is then moot as well.

it comes down to this... if you dont like it, dont buy it. yes, you're free to state your stance/view point, as is everyone; if its not your car, its not your choice.

but move on. its redundant for 2 people to go back and forth, bickering at each other and not offering any REAL information... simply repeating themselves. DE stated that NO aftermarket HID kit is street legal, so i'd assume this would include stock projectors/hids being installed W/O the 'proper/required' leveling sensors? if thats the case, 98% of those no here/vortex/everywhere is in this boat.

whatever, im done. GREAT POST, OP!!

Jaber

Modero
would a video even please you're doubts?! I mean, you can still argue about camera settings, car height of car with deautokeys bulbs as well as the drive height of the other car... and i bet one could argue that every OE projector housing emits 0 defects/hotspots/etc? doubt it.

Im not sure what year it was 'required' for any car with stock HID to have auto leveling sensors/mechanisms but i would be interested to know if hids were offered BEFORE this requirement was mandated. and if that is the case, boom... youre argument is then moot as well.

it comes down to this... if you dont like it, dont buy it. yes, you're free to state your stance/view point, as is everyone; if its not your car, its not your choice.

but move on. its redundant for 2 people to go back and forth, bickering at each other and not offering any REAL information... simply repeating themselves. DE stated that NO aftermarket HID kit is street legal, so i'd assume this would include stock projectors/hids being installed W/O the 'proper/required' leveling sensors? if thats the case, 98% of those no here/vortex/everywhere is in this boat.

Lolwat. Little late to the party on that. Thought this boat sailed.

Sent from my iSuperior, expect typos, mathematical errors and inaccuracy.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!

Thanks for that. There's one more video that I haven't had the chance to make yet because it involves having a camera in an oncoming car at eye level. Thing is the angle adjustment on the housing goes so low that I had to re-adjust them higher for them to be useful as low beams.

With regards to auto leveling, the only time that's active is when you have rapid elevation rate of change. That is such a small percentage of driving really.

I will emphasize again though: If you install this setup, you definitely should adjust the angle of the headlight. HID light definitely throws a lot farther, while halogen doesn't making halogen more forgiving with respect to the angle. I did get a flash or two from people who thought I had high beams on BEFORE I adjusted the housing angle. I have had none since I did the adjustment (at least not when I had only low beams on :thumbsup: )

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
I should also mention that most of the comments took place before I even finished and posted the full DIY. I had the DUMB idea that it would be cool to give folks a heads up post to see if they had any questions or perspectives they were curious about...

I guess there are a lot of people out there that install HID kits, and then don't adjust the housing angles properly, especially in the Chicago metro area. I can see (pun not intended) how that can be annoying and dangerous if you don't adjust HID lows. Though people seem to not know in general the appropriate use of high beams, and blind you with those anyway HID or not.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor