GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New VAG ECM Patch Releaased 11_11

adema69

Ready to race!
hey john, would you recommend getting the ECM update then reflashing or is it not need if you're already tuned?

You will need unitronic to send you updated tune with the patch on it. I had this issue with unitronic when the patch came out. I did the update with the dealership and when I re flashed my ecu it put unitronic updated flash john sent and still had the starting issues. Needless to say and many dollars later on fuel pumps and related items my re occurring issue was me never being sent the updated uni file.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
You will need unitronic to send you updated tune with the patch on it. I had this issue with unitronic when the patch came out. I did the update with the dealership and when I re flashed my ecu it put unitronic updated flash john sent and still had the starting issues. Needless to say and many dollars later on fuel pumps and related items my re occurring issue was me never being sent the updated uni file.

That doesn't seem to make any since, if your vehicle got the update at Vw completed. You could not go "backwards" installing the flash without the update. However their may have been a revision especially if you were one of the first ones with the newer update box code.