GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 01-02-2016, 02:55 PM   #15
NorthVan
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI DSG
Interested

2014 Touareg TDI Execline R Line
NorthVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:43 PM   #16
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashchuckton View Post
Do you have a comparison between the oem turn signal bulbs & your new improved ones? The oem's are pretty bright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticksabuser View Post
Looking forward to these. Any comparisons to the ones you've sold for the euro tails previously? I have a pair of those
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGTI View Post
I can do a comparison with both of those. Right now I just have some videos comparing the Putco bulb and the new one from deAutoKey. I can say that this new bulb is brighter than the OEM incandescent and the old deAutoKey bulbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c72k View Post
They should give everyone with an old set a discount. I've always felt that I wasted money on them. Couldn't even see them on a sunny day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticksabuser View Post
I don't feel I'm entitled to a discount, but I wouldn't mind getting one (which it sounds like the GB rate will be very competitive anyway).

It is worth noting that the old DeAutoKey turn signals were much brighter that other sets I've tried. Not as bright as OEM bulbs, but still bright enough I've felt. Then again, Pittsburgh doesn't have many sunny days
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJBGTIVI View Post
in4groupbuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashchuckton View Post
If they are brighter than the oem incandescent bulbs I'm interested. If not there is no reason to use them. Fingers crossed for a brighter bulb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnoBurr View Post
I'm in as long as there's a noticeable difference.
Thanks for the interest.

As thatgti has said, they are brighter than:
--putco rear turn
--our older design
--OEM incandescent

With anything, technology changes over time, our old bulbs were very bright and brighter vs your regular bulb at night and during the day without direct sun light hitting them, there is video of this, the only time it was not as bright was in the sun due to the darker amber color the sun rays did block some of the light out, these new ones won't have that issue.

The reason why many want LEDs is because they will fill more of the housing and the QUICKER light up times create a FASTER reaction time for other drivers on the road - so with these being brighter + their quicker light up time, they are worth the purchase.

We are not able to offer a discount as we will have 1 big group buy coming up that will be $39.99 shipped and if 10+ interested it will be $34.99.
Final price will be $49.99 to $54.99.

These are a new amber technology that is fitting more light in a smaller bulb to make them brighter, they are a bright light amber color to make them more noticeable and brighter in the sun and they will be more noticeable and brighter at night also.

Lastly, we want to add, the hard part of this was the 7440 bulb for the euro tail had to be smaller than a regular 7440 which make it hard as you had to fit a lot of brighter amber LEDs in a small space with the resistor to make them error free.

Thank you

Bright | Error Free | Tested to work
deAutoLED.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:43 PM   #17
theunholy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2013 GTI Black Wolfsburg DSG/K04
in for group buy as well. any chance you will do the front as well?
---APR K04 V3.1. APR Downpipe. Godspeed V2 intercooler. OZ Utraleggera. Stoptech ST40 BBK. Milltek Catback. Autotech Clubsport/DG springs. BSH 27mm RSB. WALK kit. 034 Billet Insert/motor/tran mount. AFE stage 2 intake. Unltronic DV relocation. OEM bi-xenon Conversion. Rear footwell. Depo LED tails. OEM euro front lip. Ebay fender flares.
theunholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:46 PM   #18
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunholy View Post
in for group buy as well. any chance you will do the front as well?
The front turn are brighter darker amber, people like the look and no issue with sun light due to the way they are angled in the front you can see them no matter what.

Here they are in a Audi a3 - front h16 turns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXPeqit3fX8

Old 01-02-2016, 05:08 PM   #19
sticksabuser
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by deAutoKey View Post
Thanks for the interest.

As thatgti has said, they are brighter than:
--putco rear turn
--our older design
--OEM incandescent

With anything, technology changes over time, our old bulbs were very bright and brighter vs your regular bulb at night and during the day without direct sun light hitting them, there is video of this, the only time it was not as bright was in the sun due to the darker amber color the sun rays did block some of the light out, these new ones won't have that issue.

The reason why many want LEDs is because they will fill more of the housing and the QUICKER light up times create a FASTER reaction time for other drivers on the road - so with these being brighter + their quicker light up time, they are worth the purchase.

We are not able to offer a discount as we will have 1 big group buy coming up that will be $39.99 shipped and if 10+ interested it will be $34.99.
Final price will be $49.99 to $54.99.

These are a new amber technology that is fitting more light in a smaller bulb to make them brighter, they are a bright light amber color to make them more noticeable and brighter in the sun and they will be more noticeable and brighter at night also.

Lastly, we want to add, the hard part of this was the 7440 bulb for the euro tail had to be smaller than a regular 7440 which make it hard as you had to fit a lot of brighter amber LEDs in a small space with the resistor to make them error free.

Thank you
Cool. I'm in for the GB and the full review.
APR Stg 1 v2.0, HS tuning RSR clutch, K&N Typhoon CAI, BFI Stg 1 engine mount, VWR Trans mount, Nuespeed dogbone insert, VWR Springs, Tylosport front brake bushings, Diesel Geek shifter, 42dd shifter bushings, 26mm Front & 22mm Rear H&R Sway bars, Whileline endlinks, Auto Headlight Conv kit, Black Euro tails, DeAutoKey HID/LED lows highs and fogs, White interior LEDs, LED side markers and turn sugnals, Blue Tint Aspherical Mirrors
sticksabuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:28 PM   #20
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

thatgti will give his honest review/comparison as he did in the past with LEDs that were NOT as bright so we will stay out of the review/comparison so you can have an honest forum member opinion, and we make mention that he did test LEDs that were not as bright as he will tell you so he is not going to lie to the forum and has no reason to.

Once he gets that up we can start the group buy and they should ship in 1 month or sooner - 2/1 by the latest.

Old 01-03-2016, 12:39 AM   #21
ShrekSquatch
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2016 Oryx White Golf R DSG w/DAP
I need to make absolute sure my Ed's first gen headlights also use 7440s (99% sure) before I order. If so, I'll be ordering two sets...
Old 01-03-2016, 01:18 AM   #22
ThatGTI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Volkswagen GTI
Just threw together a quick video comparing the Putco bulb and this new bulb from deAutoKey. Sorry that it's not the nicest video in the world. I will get a nicer video when I compare the stock incandescent and the old deAutoKey bulb.

ThatGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:12 AM   #23
Nelly
Oval Newbie

Drives:
Interested in getting a set if it's a good fit for Euro led tail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:04 AM   #24
brobst
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: CSG mk6 6MT
In4groupbuy

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Superior interior is like 500hp at the wheels doe
brobst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #25
GTI_Tauro
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: CW 2-Door 2013 MKVI GTI
In for group buy

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
GTI_Tauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:04 PM   #26
JohnoBurr
Touring Car Champion

Drives: '12 GTI CSG 6MT
Well, that video was enough for me, I'm in for group buy as well.
JohnoBurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:51 PM   #27
deAutoLED.com
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillet View Post
I need to make absolute sure my Ed's first gen headlights also use 7440s (99% sure) before I order. If so, I'll be ordering two sets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGTI View Post
Just threw together a quick video comparing the Putco bulb and this new bulb from deAutoKey. Sorry that it's not the nicest video in the world. I will get a nicer video when I compare the stock incandescent and the old deAutoKey bulb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly View Post
Interested in getting a set if it's a good fit for Euro led tail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
In4groupbuy

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_Tauro View Post
In for group buy

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnoBurr View Post
Well, that video was enough for me, I'm in for group buy as well.
It is a 7440 for the turn signals, there is no variation between models.

ThatGTI - thanks for the video, it does show how much brighter these NEW rear turns are.

Ok, for the GB, just Message us here for an invoice, it will be $34.99 shipped - and only a limited amount at this price!!

First people to message with their EMAIL(deAuto will send you an invoice) will receive the invoice - after 20 we can no longer take GB orders as it is already a loss at the $34.99 pricing but we want to help the forums.

You must have a forum name to get in on this so please message us here and not through emails.

We can do an intro price of $39.99 / then final pricing of $49.99 - so hurry if you want to get in on this deal - these are less expensive vs putco and much brighter!

Thank you and we look forward to the messages, invoices will be sent some time next week.

Last edited by deAutoLED.com; 01-03-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #28
Scootie
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2009 GTI DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by deAutoKey View Post
It is a 7440 for the turn signals, there is no variation between models.

ThatGTI - thanks for the video, it does show how much brighter these NEW rear turns are.

Ok, for the GB, just Message us here for an invoice, it will be $34.99 shipped - and only a limited amount at this price!!

First people to message will receive the invoice - after 20 we can no longer take GB orders as it is already a loss at the $34.99 pricing but we want to help the forums.

You must have a forum name to get in on this so please message us here and not through emails.

We can do an intro price of $39.99 / then final pricing of $49.99 - so hurry if you want to get in on this deal - these are less expensive vs putco and much brighter!

Thank you and we look forward to the messages, invoices will be sent some time next week.
Message sent!
Scootie is offline   Reply With Quote