GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI Launch Control in Canada

• Thread starter Deleted member 30464
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30464

Anyone know if Launch control will be standard in Canada. The US Website had a section on launch control but the MKV cars wouldn't work in Canada.

I am trying to decide between waiting for the MKVI or taking advantage of the good rates on the MKV. So far every day I go back and forth and maybe launch contol will be a deciding factor.?

Anyone driven both out there...worth waiting...or worth saving money now...:iono:

taylor21

Ready to race!
of course its standard, but only if you get DSG obviously.

and I don't think launch control should be a deciding factor. No offense, but you DO know what launch control does right?

zee

Go Kart Champion
The Canadian dealer where I ordered my 2010 GTI mentioned that they were unable to activate it on MY2009 cars...and they are one of the most mod friendly dealers in the Toronto area.

taylor21

Ready to race!
The Canadian dealer where I ordered my 2010 GTI mentioned that they were unable to activate it on MY2009 cars...and they are one of the most mod friendly dealers in the Toronto area.

you should call another dealer to see if they offer a free flash that enables launch control. all dealers should have the latest software

zee

Go Kart Champion
you should call another dealer to see if they offer a free flash that enables launch control. all dealers should have the latest software

I could get it activated, but it is not a selling feature for me. From my experience with MK5s equipped with it, it is too noisy and not practical for daily use. Will just be a huge Police magnet. Besides, I'll probably only use it three times....Once after activation to test...once to show my wife...once to show my friends.:burnrubber:

rrancourt

So do you know if it come with Launch Control now.

I just bougth one (GTI 2010) and the dealer was unable to tell me.

bwoodahl

Ready to race!
.. From my experience with MK5s equipped with it, it is too noisy and not practical for daily use. ..

WTF! Too noisy?! Not sure I follow what you are attempting to explain? (I've got LC on my '07 MkV, what the hell do you mean by saying it's "too noisy" -- using a jackhammer or seeing "The Who" in concert, now that's noisy.)

bwoodahl

Ready to race!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not that when they switched over to the TSI (from the FSI), they quit the LC? I do not think the late model MkVs (with the TSIs) have the LC.

zee

Go Kart Champion
WTF! Too noisy?! Not sure I follow what you are attempting to explain? (I've got LC on my '07 MkV, what the hell do you mean by saying it's "too noisy" -- using a jackhammer or seeing "The Who" in concert, now that's noisy.)

When launch control is used, Traction control is de-activvated which makes the front tires screech through most of the rev range in first gear. It is not a discrete quick acceleration. I consider that noisy and is bound to attract a ticket if you do that at every stop sign..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not that when they switched over to the TSI (from the FSI), they quit the LC? I do not think the late model MkVs (with the TSIs) have the LC.

USA
LC was not available(active) on early MY2007 FSI Mk5. VWoA introduced it sometime in 2007 and it was also available on the TSI MK5 from MY2008 and MY2009. The TSI in my Mk6 has LC active from factory.

Canada
LC could be activated by dealers on both FSI and TSI Mk5s. The Canadian MY2009 MK5 TSI in the dealer lots did not have LC activated from factory...at least when I was car shopping in March-May 2009.

bwoodahl

Ready to race!
You first state that "..I could get it activated, but it is not a selling feature for me.." then you state "... The TSI in my Mk6 has LC active from factory..." These statements seem contradictory? No?

zee

Go Kart Champion
You first state that "..I could get it activated, but it is not a selling feature for me.." then you state "... The TSI in my Mk6 has LC active from factory..." These statements seem contradictory? No?

Yes, I said "..I could get it activated, but it is not a selling feature for me..". I test drove a Mk5 with TSI and it did not have LC active. My dealer indicated that the Mk6 might not get LC active from factory. I said fine because it did not matter. I wanted the car and LC did not matter.

When I arrived to pick the car, the dealer said LC was activated from the factory. My car was delivered on Oct 22nd (five months after the order). It was one of the first at my dealership and in most of Canada. It was the first Mk6 DSG delivered to my dealer. My dealer was surprised to see it activated from factory and I got an extra feature with the car. Has only been used twice...once at the dealership...once to show my lady...so I have one more try as I had only indicated that I will use it three times.

VWoA lists LC in the specs for the GTI, Canada does not list it but it is active in the MK6. So, should I have asked them to turn it off because it was not a selling feature for me?

edit: I just noticed the quote from was August.....

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Found my TDI seems to have LC. It's a 6 speed. Clutch to the floor car revs to 2500 or so. Witht the ebrake on it revs free. Maybe it's something the TDI does for some reason?